Strange Incident Last Night at Soi Cowboy

Eleutherios

2 hours ago, Eleutherios said:

I thought she was hot and we hit if off. 

She's obviously hot, has many "Friends". Go back, buy her and her "friends" more drinks , BUT, (word of advise) PAY THE BILL! Show her you're a winner, she sounds like a keeper. ????

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Eleutherios said:

OK, really appreciated that you can see where I am coming from.  I don't think its black and white, but I appreciate everyone's practical comments about avoiding Soi Cowboy for awhile.

I was pissed off.  I think it was neeray (did I get that name right?) who said it was/may have been a scam from the out set.  That is how I felt.  

If it was, and the bar girl ended paying, how am in the wrong?  Shouldn't the person (the BG) responsible for the scam have to bear the costs of the scam?  

Thank you. You got the name right. But remember, TIT. Their rules govern, not ours.

I am not understanding where the scam aspect is ??? Order drinks, pay for drinks. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy the drinks.

A drink bill is not dependant on weather a bar fine is paid, not paid, agreed on, cancelled.

6 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Staying away from there for awhile definitely sounds like a good idea.

I've had bar girls recognize me after 4-5 years Could just be my hansum face though - or is it a scam to try and get me to come in for a drink? So many pleasant dreams

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

How in hell would we know if there is CCTV footage of you ?

There are CCTV cameras quite clearly to seen on Soi Cowboy, been there for several years and operated by the Bangkok Municipality (like the cameras on streets / ay intersections etc). So, yes, there would be footage of the OP if the bar decided to pursue it.

Most likely an RFID device was implanted on you, and even now you are being followed, either by Thai police, or the Mafia. Make for the airport, and head to the nearest country that you think you can get away with running out of a bar while drunk and not paying your bill if you are prone to such behaviors. You got lucky this time, as the manager must have been using the restroom, and something must have changed the girl's mind, maybe a better option, that she really "hit it off" with. Imagine if even one Thai chased you out of the bar screaming you stiffed them, and trying to pull you back...oh lordy! Lucky lucky lucky!

Almost all posters are writing about "there will be retribution".

OP - You didn't write that you had to fight your way out.

Did anyone try to block your exit?

Did anyone put hands on you to get you to stop walking out?

Was anyone screaming at you?

Did anyone chase after you?

If none of the above - it sounds like the bar felt they were caught in a scam and didn't get the reaction they expected - the sucker paying - and they let it slide.

Also - as far as the police getting involved - you told the bar to keep the bar fine and you weren't paying the bar tab.

If no one said or did anything, I'd say they accepted your offer.

You racked up a sizable bill at a place of business and walked out without paying. That makes you a thief.  The prattle about the price of the prostitute is irrelevant.
I would suggest you return as soon as possible, apologize citing drunkenness and pay what you owe.

Couldn’t agree more, return ASAP and pay the tab. You were drunk, it was a mistake, say you’re very sorry and pay up. If you’re paying money, all will be big smiles. Learn from it and chalk it up to experience.

Just for the record, not paying your bill is theft.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I am on PR status and think I flashed my pink PR card (not the actual booklet), but not sure.

Is there CCTV camera footage that might have my image?

So, the moral of this story is: Do not flash your pink bits if you suspect there may be a CCTV close by!

14 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

I've had bar girls recognize me after 4-5 years

20 years for me, surprised the heck out of me, she even remembered the fake name I was using the time. O/p better watch his back imho. Never walk out without paying the drinks bill, not worth it.

So, the customer chose to order more drinks.  The girl changed her mind and offered a refund, this happens sometimes.  What's the scam?  The OP freely chose to defraud the business.

BTW, I happened to be in the same bar last night.

If you've got PR status and you're still shagging bar girls you need to be asking yourself questions

As for the incident you're lucky you didn't get a good kicking - I've seen people get hurt for arguing over the price for 1 drink

If you have really got PR status i'm surprised you are asking these kind of questions

9 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Almost all posters are writing about "there will be retribution".

OP - You didn't write that you had to fight your way out.

Did anyone try to block your exit?

Did anyone put hands on you to get you to stop walking out?

Was anyone screaming at you?

Did anyone chase after you?

If none of the above - it sounds like the bar felt they were caught in a scam and didn't get the reaction they expected - the sucker paying - and they let it slide.

Also - as far as the police getting involved - you told the bar to keep the bar fine and you weren't paying.

If no one said or did anything, I'd say they accepted your offer.

You obviously don't know much about Thais and their reaction after they feel a foreigner has ripped them off?

The OP should pay his bill without the bar fine and live a happy life after all. I had the "good luck" to get knocked down by five guys.

And there's no reason for. How can you suggest that the OP should not do what's needed? The bar has lost money on that night and that's what the OP had ordered. 

Nobody really cares if the girl decided not to go with him, don't you think? 

44 minutes ago, Eleutherios said:

I did like it was a scam.  And the bar should bear responsibility.  I don't see this as black and white.  I get the practicalities, but I don't understand why I should pay if I have no plans to go back. 

This is more about your morality.

8 minutes ago, camble said:

So, the customer chose to order more drinks.  The girl changed her mind and offered a refund, this happens sometimes.  What's the scam?  The OP freely chose to defraud the business.

I think he should go back and settle and have another crack at the girl, did you see her when you were there last night, was she hot?

7 minutes ago, camble said:

You didn’t happen to have on make-up and a short skirt and have this guy barfine you and then he ran off without paying....did you ????

9 minutes ago, camble said:

"Scam" may be the wrong description (I think I used it in an earlier comment). Their "game" may be a little more accurate. "Ploy" fits well too.

32 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:
   51 minutes ago, Eleutherios said:

I did like it was a scam.  And the bar should bear responsibility.  I don't see this as black and white.  I get the practicalities, but I don't understand why I should pay if I have no plans to go back. 

There's a hole in the Cambodian border fence about 15kms south east of Sakeao, I would give it serious thought!

TIP OF THE DAY, dont go near cowboy again if you dont want to end up in hospital, (i had a girl remember me from 5 years ago) lol yes you are totally in the wrong, and as said before, once barfined the girl should leave with you, she will have to pay that bill,

3 hours ago, Eleutherios said:

Not looking for sympathy, and appreciate, but not sure if I agree with your views.  I  On a more practical level, how will they track me down?

With one of these .. And as there's loads of flying creatures 'ere you'll be hard pressed to spot the difference .. And if you find one in you're room .. Too late .. expect an airstrike .. 

IMG_20190707_060318.jpg

Sorry mate

refund of bar-fine was offered you should have taken it then paid the bill 

As it happens you didn't that makes you thief! you posted on here so you have a troubled conscious   .

Go back straight to bar say you were drunk pay bill end of matter! whatever it cost is the price of "peace" of mind

If not avoid cowboy for a long long time

IMHO the OP was very lucky not to be beaten up.

The waitress dealt with him honestly by offering to refund the barfine. He acted dishonestly by walking out.

He has a choice. Go back to the bar forthwith, and pay the bar bill. Every bar owner will accept the excuse of being drunk or forgetting.

Or spend the rest of his time in Thailand looking back over his shoulder. It's a no-brainer.

1 hour ago, neeray said:

"Scam" may be the wrong description (I think I used it in an earlier comment). Their "game" may be a little more accurate. "Ploy" fits well too.

Perhaps the customer was acting like such a c*** the girl decided she didn't want to go with him?

Archived