Strange Incident Last Night at Soi Cowboy

Eleutherios

Do not go back to that bar and you problem is solved, if they didn't chase you down the street should be done. Just do not go back nosey around or you maybe paying the fine. I will be honest for someone on PR status you sound like a nubby. I had a similar thing happen several years back and the girl has dumb struck when I told her give me back the bar fine. She tried to set with me later on when I was back in town and just told her to beat it.

That’s the attitude ! All these suggesting crawling back and waiing .ignore them

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

Most likely an RFID device was implanted on you, and even now you are being followed, either by Thai police, or the Mafia. 

Soi dogs are also linked into this network and are part of the taa saparot 4.0 measures to hunt down errant foreigners.

On 7/7/2019 at 8:45 AM, Eleutherios said:

I am on PR status

Since she accepted a barfine, she was obviously also on PR status. Best looking at it that you didn't lose your girl, you just lost your turn... 

15 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:
23 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

Most likely an RFID device was implanted on you, and even now you are being followed, either by Thai police, or the Mafia. 

Soi dogs are also linked into this network and are part of the taa saparot 4.0 measures to hunt down errant foreigners.

Q: How can you tell they're errant?

A: They're foreign.

If I was you, I'd make sure I replaced my front door with a heavy metal one that has at least three locks and a loud alarm you can set at night. And when I say a "heavy metal door", I don't mean one where the doorbell plays Black Sabbath. If you don't want to spend on a heavy metal door, move to a different apartment and preferably to a different city, grow a beard, dye or shave off your hair, etc.

It's all been said, go back, walk in with smile like you always intended to go back, ask for the bill, probably be in her hand already, order a beer to show no hard feelings, pay for both, maybe one for the manager, then decide how the land lies and go or stay.

Reason for doing this - you are worrying, and, the concern you are displaying will not improve, until you sort this out

I think they will hunt you down and at least give you good hiding,

you should know nothing is free in Thailand ????, keep looking over

your shoulder,you don't know when it's going to happen !

take care ,worgeordie

So you stole a couple of Erdingers and a few bottles of water and are even proud and bragging about it? I guess the girl sensed you are not a nice guy and wanted to dump you politely. 

Don't be a jerk, just go back, say sorry and pay the bill. 

Well, 2 nights have now passed, giving Mr E... ample time to reflect upon his heinous crime and right his mortal wrongs. Come on pal, end our agony - DID YOU GO BACK AND PAY YOUR BLOODY BILL?

????????????????????

To me it looks like the OP left this thread, or just don´t wnat to answer the real question. Did you pay your ber bill at the end?

If he is not coming back and tell us, why give him more undeserved attention? Just close the thread instead.

1 hour ago, camble said:

If he's not coming back to the forum he won't be going back to the bar.  The waitress is responsible for unpaid drinks.

Yep, Just that kind of bad behaviour we don´t need from forigners in this country.

6 hours ago, camble said:

If he's not coming back to the forum he won't be going back to the bar.  The waitress is responsible for unpaid drinks.

Could be a more sinister reason why he didn't come back to the forum... Did he post anywhere else on this site since then? Oh dear, I don't want to tempt fate, but... You know, "accidents" happen! I regularly check the "Farang Deaths" website, but sadly they don't update it anywhere near often enough. I imagine it covers only a small fraction of those who succumb for various reasons unfortunate or foul...

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:45 AM, Eleutherios said:

OK, really appreciated that you can see where I am coming from.  I don't think its black and white, but I appreciate everyone's practical comments about avoiding Soi Cowboy for awhile.

I was pissed off.  I think it was neeray (did I get that name right?) who said it was/may have been a scam from the out set.  That is how I felt.  

If it was, and the bar girl ended paying, how am in the wrong?  Shouldn't the person (the BG) responsible for the scam have to bear the costs of the scam?  

If you and the girls had all the drinks and they were normal price it wasn't a scam, you didn't pay for anything!   

You were in the wrong for doing a runner (if it really happened as you described it and that is very doubtful).

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:48 AM, Eleutherios said:

I did like it was a scam.  And the bar should bear responsibility.  I don't see this as black and white.  I get the practicalities, but I don't understand why I should pay if I have no plans to go back. 

"...I don't understand why I should pay if I have no plans to go back". 

You don't understand that you ordered drinks from the bar and that drinks in a bar are not free?  You have no conscience and you're happy acting like a thief?

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:48 AM, Eleutherios said:

I get the practicalities, but I don't understand why I should pay if I have no plans to go back. 

So why bother posting the so concerned for your own safety OP if you have no plans to return?  The entire story in that case, if it's true, is irrelevant.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:17 AM, JimmyJ said:

Almost all posters are writing about "there will be retribution".

OP - You didn't write that you had to fight your way out.

Did anyone try to block your exit?

Did anyone put hands on you to get you to stop walking out?

Was anyone screaming at you?

Did anyone chase after you?

If none of the above - it sounds like the bar felt they were caught in a scam and didn't get the reaction they expected - the sucker paying - and they let it slide.

Also - as far as the police getting involved - you told the bar to keep the bar fine and you weren't paying the bar tab.

If no one said or did anything, I'd say they accepted your offer.

"If none of the above - it sounds like the bar felt they were caught in a scam".

It sounds much more likely that the story didn't happen the way he reported it, if at all.  No bar will let a customer leave without paying what would have been a not inconsiderable bill.

"If no one said or did anything, I'd say they accepted your offer".

If no one said or did anything, I'd say the OP was make believe.

The Op has run away from his bar bill, and is a person not to be trusted. 

He's now a thief and a criminal. I agree with others who has said go back, pay the bill, leave a few extras for the mamasan and the bar, and get the conscience cleared...

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:40 PM, wreckingcountry said:

Interesting how all these Thai pandering foreigners suggest the OP goes back, grovels and pays, after he was the victim of the attempted scam !

"...after he was the victim of the attempted scam !"

He wasn't!

3 hours ago, Thainess said:

Could be a more sinister reason why he didn't come back to the forum... 

I know the reason ... this whole thing is made up and yet another 'newbie' fanciful tale to increase activity, version #429

Everyone knows they're nonsense but there's bugger all else going on on the forum so everyone chips in anyway.

I for one just can't get my head around why anyone would pay for sex in Bangkok when there are so many girls (both local and farang) giving it away for free. When you pay one for it, you disrespect both her and yourself.

12 minutes ago, Thainess said:

I for one just can't get my head around why anyone would pay for sex in Bangkok when there are so many girls (both local and farang) giving it away for free. When you pay one for it, you disrespect both her and yourself.

Not all are as sexy man as you are and some including myself prefer to pay nightly instead of monthly.

But whatever rocks your boat ????

My honest advice here is to call the bar or get on line app with one of the bar girls there and get in touch with whoever the bar manager is, if thats the mamasan, then so be it.

Arrange to pay what you owe.  Negotiate carefully and ask to see the actual check when you come back to the bar, if you can.  They may try to gouge you in exchange for not filing with the cops.  Don't let them do this.

This is why in my opinion its better these days just to meet someone online and take THEM to the bar YOU want to go to if you want to head out and drink.  These bars just aren't worth the hassle anymore.  Yes there was bad customer service there.  But you shouldn't have left.  Just like I shouldn't have gotten married.  My mistake was probably a lot bigger.  Take care of yourself.

What is it with all the new troll posters lately ?

Surely Thaivisa can hire better writers than this ?

I volunteer and can give you something much better. 

Why doesn't somebody from this thread go to the bar and enquire about the incident and report back what actually happened and if the OP returned to pay his bill?

Better yet, some of the more appalled and disturbed people replying could go to the bar and pay the bill for him rather than just preaching about it. That would go a long way to restore the horrific reputation the OP has created for all falangs.

Archived