PM orders probe into alleged corruption in school lunch program

webfact

Werachon.jpg

(Photo) Thai government’s website

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered the Education and Interior ministries to look into the free lunch program for kindergarten and primary school children after allegations of corruption have re-surfaced at some of the schools.

Deputy government spokesman Lt-Gen Werachon Sukondhapatipak said today that the Prime Minister has received a report from the National Anti-Corruption Commission about alleged corruption concerning the program in the northeastern province of Nakhon Ratchasima.

He said the Prime Minister places importance on the quality of the food provided to school children because he regards the students as the future of the country.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-orders-probe-into-alleged-corruption-in-school-lunch-program/

Here is a creative solution... randomly (and secretly) choose a school each week to have its lunches delivered to Parliament House for our politicians to eat. And send the politician's lunches to the school! Might make an interesting comparison.

58 minutes ago, webfact said:

The micro manager is at it again. A watery soup investigation on top of the fluffy toy machines is a bit much in one week. What would the country do without him!

When was the last time anyone heard him comment about the tragedy that is the country's road toll? 

44 minutes ago, bangkokfrog said:

Here is a creative solution... randomly (and secretly) choose a school each week to have its lunches delivered to Parliament House for our politicians to eat. And send the politician's lunches to the school! Might make an interesting comparison.

And an even better idea would to send the politicians back to school and allow the children to run the country.  There will be a zero delta in the level of maturity and the children in their innocence will not yet be corrupted.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

allegations of corruption have re-surfaced at some of the schools.

Which showed the efficiency of the first 'probe' and gives an indication of how the second will do. Another couple of scapegoats will be found and then it will be back to business as usual. The corruption is endemic.

3 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I like Cadbury's comment above; 'micro-manager.' Uncle Tu does appear to occupy himself with petty problems whilst ignoring the elephant in the room called Prawit.

Perhaps he knows the limit of his knowledge! 

Alleged corruption in schools lunch program, yes possibly.

Focus peoples attention on minor issues, i.e. cuddly toy machines, school meals, helps divert attention away from the MASSIVE corruption going on around me.

34 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Focus peoples attention on minor issues, i.e. cuddly toy machines, school meals, helps divert attention away from the MASSIVE corruption going on around me.

Yeah. it's a trait of politicians worldwide to divert attention like that.

"...he regards the students as the future of the country."

Then this is the perfect training ground. What better place to learn how to be a future corrupt official than in your own school?

Could Thailand get any lower in the corruption stakes,

I seen a photo of the meals for this school,bit of rice

with some soup poured over,no veg,no meat,its a real

disgrace .

regards Worgeordie

What about a probe into why all Thai students have to pay about 6000 baht when they finish high school and also when they graduate from college. No pay?  No papers!!

And no pretty framed photo.

I won't mention where the billions of baht end up but I am sure farang expats can guess.

2 hours ago, Cadbury said:

The micro manager is at it again. A watery soup investigation on top of the fluffy toy machines is a bit much in one week. What would the country do without him!

When was the last time anyone heard him comment about the tragedy that is the country's road toll? 

Your memory! He's done that one already. Banned people riding in the back of pickups, then the next day cancelled it due to public outcry.

One of the very few times he's taken any notice of the public - and there wasn't even an election on the horizon.

6 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Your memory! He's done that one already. Banned people riding in the back of pickups, then the next day cancelled it due to public outcry.

One of the very few times he's taken any notice of the public - and there wasn't even an election on the horizon.

Yea he realized it was very silly idea.

2 hours ago, Cadbury said:

He is a worried man his junta is dying, known as the Queens guard is going.

the King's Guard looks set to hold sway over the military for the coming decade. Defense analysts say the monarch's choice of trusted lieutenants stems from his own military record. As crown prince, he entered the King's Guard in the 1970s, going on to serve in counterinsurgency operations. He subsequently ventured into the air force, another source of loyalists, headed by former Air Chief Marshall Sathitpong Sukwimol -- now the king's private secretary.

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

going on around me.??? having another ME day are we ??

Archived