Rich Indians to the Rescue as Chinese Tourists Shun Thailand

webfact

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/14/2019 at 4:06 AM, DrTuner said:

I can prove my DNA lineage makes me an ascendant of Genkhis Khan. Bow yeee peasants!

Genghis Khan had as many women as he could in every city he went. The test for his DNA along the silk road found a lot of people were related to him. All the ruling Khans in the area were his children. Kublai Khan grandson of Genghis Khan had established the Yuan dynasty in China. You are part royal, your majesty.

3 hours ago, mogandave said:

It wasn’t gross, it was adjusted for “buying power”, so I’m guessing it’s something less than tha.

Not sure what they mean but PPP seems to be 14x in US compared to India: https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/India/United-States/Economy

If they used that, then the one percenter would be making a mere 5800 US$/y gross. Barely enough for a coke between eight of them. 

In any case, you'll need about 10x average Indians to bring in the same as one average westie. Better start building a new ghetto next to airport to put them into. I think they already started on some fleecing station mall for the Chinese.

Not sure what they mean but PPP seems to be 14x in US compared to India: https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/India/United-States/Economy

If they used that, then the one percenter would be making a mere 5800 US$/y gross. Barely enough for a coke between eight of them. 

In any case, you'll need about 10x average Indians to bring in the same as one average westie. Better start building a new ghetto next to airport to put them into. I think they already started on some fleecing station mall for the Chinese.

Average Indians aren’t coming...

18 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I think it a sad the way people here (generally Europeans) look down on people that are in a lower economic situation than they are.

Check the title of the OP. "Rich Indians". And then the reality on the ground is one coke and four straws. People are tired of the BS from TAT.

On 7/8/2019 at 1:56 AM, Gecko123 said:

Suggest extra prayers to Hindu God of Road Safety be made part of any trip plan.

Hinduism and Thai Buddhism is inextricably interwined. Driving standards in Delhi and Bombay BTW are far worse than anywhere in Thailand. It seems some Thai bashers just never give up being negative about Thailand usually based on what they have read,  heard or misunderstood.  Im sure urban Indians will have no problems with Thai city traffic. 

On 7/15/2019 at 7:30 PM, ThomasThBKK said:

Nah you don't get it man, we don't make fun of those nationalities. Ok maybe we do, to make our points clearer but in reality we don't give a damn about them.

We make fun of the thai government trying to sell us, the thais, and everyone else crap 24/7.

Thinking we are stupid enough to believe whatever they come up with next, instead of just recognizing their mistakes and fixing them.

They are living in a bubble. Bubbles blast.

I doubt TAT is targetting you with their information but either way the mockery and naysaying is tedious and less credible than the Thai organisations and information being mocked. Its all rather unoriginal like a cracked record and mediocre.  But many governments around the world the world put out information which is then filtered and distorted by the media and is misrepresented by its readers to suit their own world view. There is definitely wave of middle class indians around Pattaya who were not here a couple of years ago. Maybe they are Bangcockians,  very wealthy Thai Indians, or upper middle class Thai indian tourists who contrast with the one beer, 4 straws and one whore type.  I have no proof or evidence that the TAT info is wrong but feel the headlines are designed to engage the interests of low IQ cynical, joyless, jaundiced foreigners who have lost their zest for live. Try to be happy. Try to have fun. Good luck.

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you think hiso Thais don't look down on poor people you haven't been paying attention.

Rich Indians look down on poor people too. But as with all nationalities its ignorant wealthy people, snobs who lack empathy.

18 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Check the title of the OP. "Rich Indians". And then the reality on the ground is one coke and four straws. People are tired of the BS from TAT.

one coke and four straws is the usual thaivisa BS presented by the wanna-be Sahibs who are moving to Cambodia because they are lacking the THB 800k pot to piss in.

3 hours ago, Naam said:

one coke and four straws is the usual thaivisa BS presented by the wanna-be Sahibs who are moving to Cambodia because they are lacking the THB 800k pot to piss in.

It's the perfect balancer for the TAT BS of rich Indians flocking to Pattaya five star resorts in their thousands to have multi billion dollar bollywood wedding parties. Gotta have that yin to the yang.

One advantage of the new inflow of Indians is the growth of Desi food stalls and restaurants. A new phenomenon in Pattaya

And from the franchise owner’s position, selling one Coke with four straws is still better than sell in no Coke with no straws.

Renting one room to four people is better than renting no room to no people.

Prices can be adjusted as long as you have a market.

7 minutes ago, mogandave said:

And from the franchise owner’s position, selling one Coke with four straws is still better than sell in no Coke with no straws.

Renting one room to four people is better than renting no room to no people.

Prices can be adjusted as long as you have a market.

I did see some Indians the other day that had 1 coke and 3 straws so I think a higher class of Indians are coming to Pattaya now.... 

On 7/8/2019 at 1:04 AM, ChipButty said:

Just recently Ive seen groups of Indians around Rawai I can tell they are not rich Indians cheap charlie tour groups 1 coke and 4 straws 

Indians dont usually travel in tour groups as do the Chinese. Many Indians are economy travellers and travel independently in small groups. Nevertheless,  other wealthier Indians are visiting but I doubt you would find around Rawai. The ones I have seen in Pattaya have been in expensive restaurants.  The plethora of Indian clubs in WS is notable and are popular with Arabs also. Indian clubs are famous for providing dance and music entertainment throughout the Middle East. Many Indians are not impressed by western farang and want their own places to avoid them. The bar girls, contrary to farang myths, often prefer Indian and Arab guys. They are younger, wealthier and more handsome than the tatooed, pot bellies slurping tinnies grimly, eye fixed blankly at sporting events in the bars.

On 7/19/2019 at 5:46 AM, fforest1 said:

I did see some Indians the other day that had 1 coke and 3 straws so I think a higher class of Indians are coming to Pattaya now.... 

True but they have been coming for years. The point of this article is that a a new wealthier class of Indians are arriving which is true. These wealthy, well spoken, cultured Indians wont be on the Radar of many TV readers as they would not be able to avoid the places these wealthy Indians visit. Whilst the TV contributor slowly nurses his happy hour draught beer sneering at Indians in his bar the wealthy Hi So indians are drinking champagne cocktails with light skinned hostesses in 5 star locations and high end bars and clubs and restaurants. 

Indians dont usually travel in tour groups as do the Chinese. Many Indians are economy travellers and travel independently in small groups. Nevertheless,  other wealthier Indians are visiting but I doubt you would find around Rawai. The ones I have seen in Pattaya have been in expensive restaurants.  The plethora of Indian clubs in WS is notable and are popular with Arabs also. Indian clubs are famous for providing dance and music entertainment throughout the Middle East. Many Indians are not impressed by western farang and want their own places to avoid them. The bar girls, contrary to farang myths, often prefer Indian and Arab guys. They are younger, wealthier and more handsome than the tatooed, pot bellies slurping tinnies grimly, eye fixed blankly at sporting events in the bars.

Indians that travel typically speak English. Chinese travelers? Not so much. I think this has much more to do with the group tours than level of income.

It’s been my experience that Indians almost always want Indian food, while I think the Chinese are more adventurous food wise.

1 hour ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

more handsome than the tatooed, pot bellies slurping tinnies grimly, eye fixed blankly at sporting events in the bars.

My friend there is not a more sexy man alive than a older,pot bellied, balding, farang ,who wear wife beaters, and sandals and knows how to make one Chang or Leo beer last for hours in a beer bar.......Thai women dream of hooking up with a prime catch like this........

Thirty pages of, at times interesting, debate. Really no need for delving into history, economics, etc of Indians since the only bone of contention is whether they are a good tourist segment to be tapped by TAT. As far as the bar and club scene is concerned, in a free market the venues will decide what kind of clients they want to keep out. At present there's not enough crowds in the bars, shops, malls, restaurants, so for the Thai vendor all kinds of Indians are welcome. All your racist arguments are meaningless. Economics prevails. There's just too much supply of goods and services in Bangkok, Pats, Phuket, and all the wellknown hotspots and so every tourist counts. Period. 

Last week I was in a couple of high-end clubs and the bulk of their patrons were well-heeled Indians. No, it wasn't 1 coke 4 straws, but 1 table 4 drinks, Don't take my word for it. Just get into Sukhumvit Soi 11 clubs on weekends and see for yourself. Of course, you'll eat your heart out. And hey Sugar let me in too. No "members only" crap. Not that a great revolution is happening. Just Economics, stupid.    

• 2 weeks later...

Archived