BANGKOK 24 July 2019 01:02
webfact

Rich Indians to the Rescue as Chinese Tourists Shun Thailand

12 hours ago, SoulKid said:

My decision for calling all westerners as oppressors, criminals, pedophiles, thieves, killers, and beggars was based on the very same logic that all westerners use to describe all Indians and other Asians as rapists, poor, unhygienic, smelly, cheap, etc. like you see all over the comments on this topic. How are my comments any different from them. It doesn't really makes sense to the culprit until it hits them in their face. That was my whole purpose to generalize the entire population of westerners the same way they generalize the asians.

Everybody can make a distinction between say Indians and Japanese, both Asians but couldn't be culturally further apart. However for Indians it seems to be Indians and others. Some sort of faux entitlement based on distant, glorified history. Little maharajas sipping their 4-to-1 coke. It's annoying.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 8:24 AM, AJBangkok said:

I dont know if Pattaya and Phuket are the same but Hua Hin gets huge business from the Indian wedding industry, its big money and centered on the 5 star hotels.

I dont think 5 of them could marry 1 Thai woman in Pattaya, so not many marriages here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Off topic removed

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I was in queue to buy a ticket once the guy at the window gave the cashier his money,the cashier gave him his ticket then took a pack of about one hundred tickets and counted them then went into a back room a got a cup of chai came back and then gave the guy his change then said next please.One needs to set a whole day aside to buy a train ticket or post a parcel!

The results of colonialism.  

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, dootmah said:

stinky...

That's mean.  I've heard the Europeans were taking more showers now a days.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

You have no idea,look at the guy starting the Adanni coal mine in Australia!

Haha ... although not  a particularly edifying example.

My wife has a guesthouse out of town. The only FIT Chinese guest this high season paid to use our kitchen to cook her own food cause the restaurant next door was too expensive at 60 baht. I caught the bus today from Bkk to Pty with 3 older, well dressed and well spoken Bangladeshi guys. They wanted a hotel so I asked them their budget. It was 3 to a room for 500 b a night.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

On 7/11/2019 at 8:21 AM, BritManToo said:

If India is such a great place, why do they all want to move to Bradford?

And why are you posting on a Thai expat forum?

Do you think those are Indians in Bradford?

I think it very unlikely. Possibly Bangladeshi or Pakistani.

14 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

The results of colonialism.  

And here's me thinking that it was pride.So proud to have the job of a ticket cashier,or any gov job,they seize on any opportunity to exercise their power over the customer daring to require them to perform their duties.  

• Like 1

Greetings, 
In Pattaya, 3 out of 5 tourists are middle class Indians!  In other words, too many Indians, majority of my friends from USA will not be visiting Thailand this year due to strength of Thai bhat!

Your friends aren’t coming because the Baht is 5-10% stronger this year than last?
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Your friends aren’t coming because the Baht is 5-10% stronger this year than last?

Fewer falang coming due to strong baht but more Chinese and Indians are coming when the baht is stronger yet it is the Indians that get ridiculed for being cheap.Looks like the playing field is levelling out and one day wages will be fairly even throughout the world!Maybe a day will come when peoples feelings of superiority will also disappear,but that will only occur when there are less than two people left.