BANGKOK
webfact

Rich Indians to the Rescue as Chinese Tourists Shun Thailand

38 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

rarely with an indian, in CM I saw a mama san exhorting the girls to sit with two Indian males who had been sitting by themselves for an hour, nobody took any notice, I had two sitting with me.

That's becuz you're so  special.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, piewarmer said:

The Thai exchange rate gives poor value to tourists, once the rich Indians have had their one visit they will move on to greener pastures, just like the Chinese. I don't know any Thai who has nice things to say about Indian people, they will feel unwelcome, so I don't expect any long term boom.

100% ..... I’m left wondering if these articles are just Daily Mail style writings or True ... The Baht needs to be devalued ... if not then it’s only a matter of time... It’s the Rise and fall 

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

Running a GoGo Bar years ago, we too had a sign, which the girls calling customers in held up when appropriate. It said, 'Members only' The reality was it was only shown to Arabs and Indians.

Why? We had a lot of customers who said things like, "If she's been with an Indian or and Arab, I'm not interested in bar fining her."

As 95% of our customers were ferangs, it was purely a business decision.

OK, I'm waiting for the flak...

Don’t think your wrong in anyway

• Like 1

Arrrgghh, lovely. The slight aroma of curry will be wafting around the beaches of Thailand for the foreseeable future. 

41 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Just a couple of photos of the big Indian nightclubs in Pattaya. Makes you wonder how they make money being full of 4 guys sharing one drink.

"OR", just maybe its just a myth.

Related image

Image result for nashaa indian nightclub

So in your expert opinion because it’s full it means everyone is drinking and spending money ? Or your wife also owns this club so you can confirm as a fact all drinking and all spending money 

• Thanks 2

Numerous posts removed for a variety of reasons.

10 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Because you can't just go in Wikipedia? Because the tourist numbers don't get published here like once a week? Do you even know anything about the country you live in?

japanese expats.PNG

Inkedthailand tourism_LI.jpg

Wikipedia goes on to say that there are 250,000 long-term mainland Chinese; 105,000 Indians, most of them Sikhs and of which 80% hold dual Thai citizenship; 44,000 Japanese, 25,000 Americans; 75,000 Europeans not broken down by nationality; 15,000 Taiwanese; 20,000 South Koreans; 7,500 Australians; 12,000 Arabs; 20,000 Malaysians; 4,000 Singaporeans; 5,000 Filipinos; and 800 New Zealanders. 

https://www.dougsrepublic.com/thailand/foreigners.php

The other number I hear quoted is 7 million foreigners living in Thailand.  36,000 does not seem like a big number.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Running a GoGo Bar years ago, we too had a sign, which the girls calling customers in held up when appropriate. It said, 'Members only' The reality was it was only shown to Arabs and Indians.

Why? We had a lot of customers who said things like, "If she's been with an Indian or an Arab, I'm not interested in bar fining her."

As 95% of our customers were ferangs, it was purely a business decision.

OK, I'm waiting for the flak...

It was not a business decision, it was the translation of bigotry of your farang customers and you made it a decision because you believe in same thing.   You said it clearly.  

1 minute ago, BestB said:

So in your expert opinion because it’s full it means everyone is drinking and spending money ? Or your wife also owns this club so you can confirm as a fact all drinking and all spending money 

They are somehow making money, so yes, I would presume someone is drinking. Like any business they would be shut if not making money.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

rarely with an indian, in CM I saw a mama san exhorting the girls to sit with two Indian males who had been sitting by themselves for an hour, nobody took any notice, I had two sitting with me.

Indians are not well regarded by Thais due to their dark skin. Nearly all Thais make the assumption dark skin = working in the rice fields = poor. I know one Indian guy who is filthy rich, but he still gets the same attitude from light-skinned Thai women. Funnily enough, when I suggested he should try an Issan girl, his reaction was the same.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Just recently Ive seen groups of Indians around Rawai I can tell they are not rich Indians cheap charlie tour groups 1 coke and 4 straws 

Even rich Indians do that

• Like 1