Rich Indians to the Rescue as Chinese Tourists Shun Thailand

webfact

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

How do you know this? I have been to India albeit 30 years ago.  People rotting & dying right in front of you.

Population then about 800 million.Now its 1.4 billion and racing upward to 2 billion.

Middle class Indians dominate the demographic  in LOS?

Middle class Indians are actually people earning more than US$ 2/ hour.

Bring it on TAT!!!!

I agree and I visited India last year. Take a pair of sh*t kickers because you'll be stepping in plenty of it as you watch the people rotting & dying before your eyes especially in Delhi. I won't be returning ever. 

8 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Unacceptable to whom? 

My wife doesn't like Indians or Indian food. 

my wife is same.  a long list of issues with various groups.

russians, 'arabs', indians, isan, burmese at petrol stations, 'thai ladies in england'... i bet she'd enjoy alf garnett ????

7 hours ago, BestB said:

Oh so you did say all of the above . Now to explain to you how and why it’s true. Because all those Chinese package tours are hungry , so they go to 7-11 nearest to where they stay to buy mama and junk as eating wherever they are taken is double the normal price as restaurants double their prices to pay tour companies up to 50% for bringing tour groups.

Now happy trolling ????

Well, I went to Phuket stayed at expat Hotel. There a 7/11 across the main street. Groups of Chinese would go in and buy mama and snacks. The smart ones would go into the Big C center inside the mall near McDonald's. Next to McDonald's is a big seafood restaurant with a bunch of tiger decorations. It stayed empty of Chinese. Chinese bargain everything and I bet they tried to bargain their Mama from 7/11. This is how Chinese stay rich and Indians too by bargaining. 

1 minute ago, Smokegreynblues said:

An Indian from India would rather hustle his way into getting money beforehand rather than come to a foreign country and start beg-packing. Begging is seen as the lowest of lows for any class of Indian with a passport. 

Whilst defecating in the open is held in high esteem by 460 million of them ????

1 minute ago, geoffbezoz said:

Whilst defecating in the open is held in high esteem by 460 million of them ????

Yup, and don't shake hands because its used to wipe their bung. Maybe some posters experience with Indians is limited to seeing them in Thailand. But maybe you'll think different when you visit their country. Same with China when I visited Shanghai to meet a friend. When I was taken to the countryside I was shocked how nasty people are. Wai is a good practice with the rich or poor. 

31 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

Only indians i ever saw was when one picks up a prostitute, takes her back to room and 4 more friends hiding in the closet  rape her and maybe give her 500 bhat total if anything at all

So you were watching in the room too ?

4 minutes ago, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

Well, I went to Phuket stayed at expat Hotel. There a 7/11 across the main street. Groups of Chinese would go in and buy mama and snacks. The smart ones would go into the Big C center inside the mall near McDonald's. Next to McDonald's is a big seafood restaurant with a bunch of tiger decorations. It stayed empty of Chinese. Chinese bargain everything and I bet they tried to bargain their Mama from 7/11. This is how Chinese stay rich and Indians too by bargaining. 

Pretty clever those Chinese, and the 7/11 assistants, being able to bargain in English, Hindi, Bengali, Mandarin, Cantonese and Thai. How did they pick all that up in the rubbish Thai education system?

I tell you, they dont pay those kids enough.

By the way, assuming you're talking about Patong, if you'd gone across the road you would have found legions of Chinese wolfing down plate after plate of seafood in the night market.

4 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Pretty clever those Chinese, and the 7/11 assistants, being able to bargain in English, Hindi, Bengali, Mandarin, Cantonese and Thai. How did they pick all that up in the rubbish Thai education system?

I tell you, they dont pay those kids enough.

By the way, assuming you're talking about Patong, if you'd gone across the road you would have found legions of Chinese wolfing down plate after plate of seafood in the night market.

Went there and and the Chinese I saw were bargaining before wolfing down their overly high prices. Just like the overly high transportation being bargained down. We all have different experiences. So we can agree to disagree. 

6 minutes ago, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

Went there and and the Chinese I saw were bargaining before wolfing down their overly high prices. Just like the overly high transportation being bargained down. We all have different experiences. So we can agree to disagree. 

Multi-lingual food stall holders too?

What a thriving, cosmopolitan, melting pot Phuket is nowadays.

In fairness, quite a few people in the tourist trade have picked up some simple Mandarin, but Chinese don't try to bargain in shelf priced supermarkets or convenience stores. They have bar codes in China too you know.

2 minutes ago, ttrd said:

The end of tourism will be when they welcome Nigerians ...

Lol! They feel they don't need whites and Nigerians. Cambodia's and Vietnam's tourism is good and they welcome everyone. There are just wannabe racist in Thai visa forum. Because a so called 'pure blood' would not be with any minority. And the last time I looked a Thai doesn't have "pure" Nordic qualities. As a matter of fact most most whites are minorities too to a purist. 

2 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Multi-lingual food stall holders too?

What a thriving, cosmopolitan, melting pot Phuket is nowadays.

In fairness, quite a few people in the tourist trade have picked up some simple Mandarin, but Chinese don't try to bargain in shelf priced supermarkets or convenience stores. They have bar codes in China too you know.

You are stuck on multilingual. Most socalled rich Chinese use English just like I do when I go to 7/11.

Ain't no rich folks in Pattaya....the really rich ones prefer Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles,

Gold Coast, the Mediterranean etc.

It's just run of the mill horny males who take holidays in Pattaya.

True for all nationalities.

Just now, JHolmesJr said:

Ain't no rich folks in Pattaya....the really rich ones prefer Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles,

Gold Coast, the Mediterranean etc.

It's just run of the mill horny males who take holidays in Pattaya.

True for all nationalities.

You do know that members of the "family we cannot mention" live and shop and exist in Pattaya?  I was in Foodland one day when they closed the store so they could shop.  

10 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Just recently Ive seen groups of Indians around Rawai I can tell they are not rich Indians cheap charlie tour groups 1 coke and 4 straws 

Only 4 straws?

Quality end of the market...

This topic has required alot of moderation thus far, and repeated racist comments/responses removed.

PLEASE desist with racial comments and derogatory remarks as per forum rules ANY further such posts will be dealt with harshly and without any further warnings !

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

7 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Just a couple of photos of the big Indian nightclubs in Pattaya. Makes you wonder how they make money being full of 4 guys sharing one drink.

"OR", just maybe its just a myth.

Related image

Image result for nashaa indian nightclub

Yes can see so many drinks in the first photo......NOT.

3 tables to right have no drinks on at all, and no one holding drinks in hands apart from a few girls.

Rich Indians Where ? i have never ever seen any in bkk or pattaya they buy a bottle of beer and share for 3 of them . Is this another Walter Mitty Story to cover how their Tourism is Crashing Now ? As what i have seen in pattaya and bkk no one there in pattaya as beach is Low on Chinese and Indians and Asking All White guys please sit down i Saw it With my own eyes. The working people in these places must be struggling to keep afloat with no white tourists there as i have seen over the last 1 1/2 years tourism all round is down for sure they cant lie forever the people see it there .

5 hours ago, anexpat said:

How long before the Indians ‘extraordinary racism in Thailand towards Indian people’ makes them want to go elsewhere? It’s not hard to find better places in Southeast Asia.

If tourism gets so bad, Thais will bite their tongue and welcome the Indians, money is money. Lets not kid ourselves, they did the same thing for the farangs.

Archived