BANGKOK 18 July 2019 08:09
webfact

No more! Crackdown in Pattaya as new police chief lays down the law

All the brothels are allowed  to continue as usual as long as they pretend to be bars. And pimping bar managers (including farang pimps) can continue their business of pimping as long as they don't allow poor Africans a shot at the Thai prosperity. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaivisa notes that the wording of the report suggests that Pattaya will be allowed to be Pattaya

Couldn't be anything else could it .. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kim J said:

I think in the coming days and weeks bars etc had better tow the line as you can rest assured there will be some high profile policing in the Pattaya area and maybe a series of raids as we have seen before. However once the new faces have established their place in the food chain it will all be back to business as usual. Well at least until the next time.

Low season again, business back to normal by the time high season kicks in...

Edited by Basil B

3 hours ago, yogi100 said:

It's what men have been coming to Pattaya for decades. It's got little more going for it than its nightlife.

there are guys there who go for the beach in jomtein and international food. they cant afford nightlife stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaidream said:

Pattaya is and will continue to die a natural death.  The Immigration crackdown for long stayers as well as the continuous turning away of people at the airports has  taken its toll on those who would come to the resort and spend alot of money on the drinks and the available 'entertainment'.

The police have harassed both the bars and the entertainment for years; but now they also harass the punters. Add in the filthy water' the foul air' and the lack of any entertainment that is fun based as opposed to money-money and people are turned off by the whole show.

The Germans came and went; the Americans gave up on the place; The Brits  are worried about the exchange rates as well as the Aussies; the Russians come in lesser numbers and apparently the Chinese have found out what all those before them have found out.  It's all smoke and mirrors. Oh that's right- the Indians will save the day!!

The constabulary and those in power might want to think about why so many Nationalities used to come in droves but don't anymore.  

It won't happen- the truth hurts!

y did the germans leave. i wanted to enjoy a bratworst a german and a cop (all the guys at the hot dog stand turned around and just stared at me along with the cook. i guess they though i was making some sort of sex joke).

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

So normal prostitution (hard to find as we all know it is :cheesy:), is OK now then is it?

Of course.  Prostitution is embedded in Thai culture and has never been illegal in itself.  As long as bars and gogos don't openly allow prostitution to take place on their premises, they are operating within the law.

4 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

12 o'clock closing?

Depends on their licence.

The new "chief" will soon have one of those very attractive "inactive posts" 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

No patrons under 20 were allowed inside.

Who made the translation of the Thai article ?? Ok, my Thai is not that good, but it's not how I understand this Thai article. Mainly this part :

"ห้ามยินยอมปล่อยปละละเลยให้มีผู้อายุต่ำกว่า 20 ปีบริบูรณ์เข้าใช้บริการโดยเด็ดขาด"

For me it means that employees must be at least 20yo, not customers...

I may be wrong of course, so if someone can check and confirm, thanks.

If true, it could be a serious problem for the many 18yo & 19yo ladies...

3 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

// For me it means that employees must be at least 20yo, not customers... //

Me again. With Google's help I found this English article :

thepattayanews.com: Pattaya Police meet with local entertainment owners after raids

and inside you can read :

"3. No staff under the age of twenty may work in a venue that sells liquor."

5 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

Wow! A serious police chief. Action man.

Sabre rattling to speed up the envelope delivery schedule. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

Wow! A serious police chief. Action man.

Give it a week before everything goes back to normal.

What I find interesting is that an 18 year old girl can dance nude in a bar but she can't gain admittance to a bar until 20.