BANGKOK 18 July 2019 07:46
webfact

No more! Crackdown in Pattaya as new police chief lays down the law

Bar owners, keep making your secret records of who you pay your bribes to. Could be very useful. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Delusional sabre rattling

Without the corruption coffers swelled by the seedy shenanigans of 'his' city

just how on Gods earth does he see himself making the payments on his position???!!

Living in denial is a tough existence. But it sure makes a lot of money. 

What's the old metal band title?  Peace sells but whose Buying.

Here.... Piece sells...

5 hours ago, webfact said:

At a meeting ahead of the weekend 100 operators were told:

No patrons under 20 were allowed inside.

No weapons or drugs were allowed on their premises.

No human trafficking was allowed.

No opening outside of scheduled hours was permitted. 

As the 100 operators nodded sagely among themselves - yes, we are aware of that since many years - one particular offense must have slipped the new Col's mind:

he did not tell those operators to stop paying bribes and protection money to the police. 

This will help him:

imageproxy.png.8aac38017fc6adae169b8194c4b450e5.png

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Who made the translation of the Thai article ?? Ok, my Thai is not that good, but it's not how I understand this Thai article. Mainly this part :

"ห้ามยินยอมปล่อยปละละเลยให้มีผู้อายุต่ำกว่า 20 ปีบริบูรณ์เข้าใช้บริการโดยเด็ดขาด"

For me it means that employees must be at least 20yo, not customers...

I may be wrong of course, so if someone can check and confirm, thanks.

If true, it could be a serious problem for the many 18yo & 19yo ladies...

There is always Beach Rd for them to go and ply their trade. That is what usually happens for any of the tarts who for what ever reason can not work in a bar.

Edited by Kim J

Posted (edited)

deleted

Edited by jobsworth
delete

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, onera1961 said:

All the brothels are allowed  to continue as usual as long as they pretend to be bars. And pimping bar managers (including farang pimps) can continue their business of pimping as long as they don't allow poor Africans a shot at the Thai prosperity. 

Maybe not so much in Thailand, but in my experience, many Africans are already very well versed in the art of pimping.

I can indeed fully understand how frustrating this situation might be for them seeing a practice that they are so experienced at being so prevalent whilst being unable to get their foot in the door.

Edited by Kim J
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bushdoctor said:

I’m all for the clean police reports. Technically there probably is very little actual prostitution in the bars. It may take place outside of the bars, but there would usually not be witnesses since it would only be between the two adults in a private location. 

We also know a bar fine is to compensate the bar for taking the girl out of the bar, since she could be getting drinks bought, and that the payment is not for sex. 

Anyway, I’m hopefully Pattaya won’t change in that regard, I like it just how it is. 

What other job accepts a fine for leaving the job like that?

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

New police chief lays down the law.:cheesy:

Didnt the last 1 do the same?

His reign will probably be as short lived as the last ones.

These inspirational address are for one purpose alone, and its nothing to do with the law!

Its...

To ensure the brown envelopes are received on time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaivisa notes that the wording of the report suggests that Pattaya will be allowed to be Pattaya but that underage prostitution will not tolerated. 

Explain to me if I understand correctly, prostitution is not forbidden, only minors cannot exercise it!

• Like 1

" No opening outside of scheduled hours was permitted".

Exactly what are these hours as has been reported on many an occasion there are numerous Thai bars on Third Road playing very loud music with drunken Thais coming & leaving at all hours up to & including 06:30hrs with three & four people on a motorcycle. This of course does not fall under the crackdown...!!!

Well none of the above 'laws' concern me overly. Even the closing on schedule would be welcomed by me, by that time I do need to be told to go home.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, elgenon said:

What I find interesting is that an 18 year old girl can dance nude in a bar but she can't gain admittance to a bar until 20.

I'm not sure if it's still correct, but it was the case a few years ago.

We had the silly situation my GoGo that a nineteen year-old dancer could be bar fined, but not go into another GoGo as a customer with the guy who bar fined her.

Edited by bluesofa
grammar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fhickson said:

there are guys there who go for the beach in jomtein and international food. they cant afford nightlife stuff.

But in general those that come to Pattaya can afford it. Or used to be able to.

I honestly don't know any visitors who come to Pattaya for its beach. There are big diameter pipes spewing brown water into the sea at the start of Walking St.

It's said to be sewage and certainly looks like it. You see blokes fishing off the beach and the pier, they rarely catch anything.