No more! Crackdown in Pattaya as new police chief lays down the law

webfact

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/8/2019 at 8:26 AM, webfact said:

No patrons under 20 were allowed inside.

as I understand it, 18 years is the legal age to provide consensual services.

imho NOT a good idea to drive the 18 - 20 year olds out from the relative protection of a bar to walk the street,
and be pimped by whoever is in charge outside.

1 hour ago, KKr said:

imho NOT a good idea to drive the 18 - 20 year olds out from the relative protection of a bar to walk the street,

Especially after the police completely destroyed the safe environment along Beach-Road with their constant daily raids, harassing, locking up and fining the women there (with the false pretend its for tourist protection).

It was one place women could work freely without the need of pimps or any other middleman.

Absolutely shameful !

14 hours ago, Mac98 said:

About time! I'm fed up and going somewhere nice, without prostitution, like Shanghai, or Calcutta, Tokyo, Moscow, or maybe Rome, Paris, or London. Wait! I know, prudish America is safe. New Orleans, New York, Miami, Dallas, Vegas, Frisco, or L.A. No, better in Rio, Sydney, or Cape Town. Montreal? Stuttgart? Madrid? Budapest? Surely Bristol!

you left out Atlanta used to be a couple of good spots when I left 2 years ago????

On 7/8/2019 at 9:26 AM, colinneil said:

New police chief lays down the law.:cheesy:

Didnt the last 1 do the same?

His reign will probably be as short lived as the last ones.

Or all the previous other good intentioned Police Chiefs that have invested heavily into their futures 

12 hours ago, KKr said:

No patrons under 20 were allowed inside.

and translated from Thai:

Do not allow people under the age of 20 years to use the service

Wait ... how is he driving the 18-20 year olds out from the bar to work in the street????

He says PATRONS; and that has always been the law.

Where does it say employees??

On 7/8/2019 at 4:55 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

Actually dancing nude is not legal. Most bars have a system of lights or buzzers to warn the girls to put something on quickly if the police are on their way!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes, you are correct but my point was a 19 year old is able to work in a bar she is not allowed to enter.

10 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Yes, you are correct but my point was a 19 year old is able to work in a bar she is not allowed to enter.

Your point is well made.  It must be pretty common to barfine an 18/19 year old from a gogo, and then find you're not allowed to take her into a discotheque or nightclub!  

No human trafficking allowed..... [and]... underage prostitution will not tolerated

Wait, what? Why does that need mentioning? It wasn't self-evident?

Was it expressly allowed previously?

I'm confused.

No human trafficking allowed..... [and]... underage prostitution will not tolerated
I'm confused.

I don't see any harm in warning people. It's never been allowed, but that doesn't stop people from doing it.

20 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm confused.

I don't see any harm in warning people. It's never been allowed, but that doesn't stop people from doing it.

I get it..... Similar to putting a sign "no armed robberies allowed" at the entrance to a bank.

In case someone was not aware that it is not a legal thing.

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:57 PM, Dexlowe said:

Wow! A serious police chief. Action man.

If he actually does make the place "lawful", he just shot it in the head.

Pattaya is just too disgusting outside the big hotels and shopping malls to attract big spending tourists. The big spending tourists of yester year were the sort that inhabited the shadows that made Pattaya such a fun place. No prizes for guessing who they were.

I can see the main focus of Pattaya moving away from Pattaya Beach to the coastal strip to the east of Jomptien. The canny investors have been building big projects along that strip for years, and they are about to cash in. The up market marina is just one example. That's where the money is going to be found.

Down town Pattaya? a rather sad and derelict place with a second rate bar scene, IMO. Like that big bar complex built behind the Made in Thailand market many years ago. Mostly deserted with a few bored bar girls hanging on in hope.

However, the upside will be that hotel prices for poor retirees will become really cheap.

38 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Pattaya is just too disgusting outside the big hotels and shopping malls to attract big spending tourists.

You don't know what you are talking about.

Have you seen the price of a beer and a ladydrink in Pattaya?

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

That would depend on where one was paying for a beer and a lady drink. I rarely bought ladydrinks anyway- I just gave them a large tip instead, but still less than paying for ladydrinks.

I get it..... Similar to putting a sign "no armed robberies allowed" at the entrance to a bank.

In case someone was not aware that it is not a legal thing.
You'd surprised. Quite a few people posting on this thread seem to think that because the age of consent in Thailand is 15, they can go with girls under 18.

On 7/11/2019 at 12:35 PM, jacko45k said:
On 7/11/2019 at 11:56 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Pattaya is just too disgusting outside the big hotels and shopping malls to attract big spending tourists.

Tourists and ladydrinks ??

I doubt many tourists pay ladydrinks. It's just sex tourists, a minority.

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Tourists and ladydrinks ??

I doubt many tourists pay ladydrinks. It's just sex tourists, a minority.

Tourists are tourist, so I have no idea what you talk of. There certainly tourists buying LDs in Pattaya GGBs... they sure ain't Burmese labourers!

Archived