Drinking competitions: Man died after Cha-Am hotel company function

webfact

Drinking competitions: Man died after Cha-Am hotel company function

4pm.jpg

Picture: Phum Hot News

It has emerged that the Chiang Mai man who died after drinking a whole jug of beer in one go was at a company function at a hotel in the resort town of Cha-Am.

The practice of drinking competitions was criticized after the man died in hospital at the end of last month. 

The hotel was not named but Petchphoom Hot News said on Facebook that a team of police, health and local officials had visited the hotel to remind them of the law. 

4pm1.jpg

Picture: Phum Hot News

The hotel said that they had accepted a booking from 150 guests who were using a function room for activities associated with a company outing. 

Those activities were never specified to the hotel. 

Police reminded the hotel of the law relating to promotion of alcohol but no charges were made. 

Suwatpong, 35, passed out after consuming a jug of beer on June 29th. He later died in a Cha-Am hospital. 

Source: Phum Hot News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-08

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Petchphoom Hot News said on Facebook that a team of police, health and local officials had visited the hotel to remind them of the law. 

What law is that I wonder?

The law on how much beer a customer is allowed to drink, or if staff have to intercept and prevent anyone drinking more than one glass of beer at a time?

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

The law on how much beer a customer is allowed to drink, or if staff have to intercept and prevent anyone drinking more than one glass of beer at a time?

The law in Thailand is whatever they say it is. Whether it is or not. It's all about control.

When drinking with Thais, everything is "Mott kaew", bottom up. 

No worries me admits to bring drunk.

Heck most don't even consider themselves drunk until they throw up or pass out.

I hated company outings because of it.

On 7/8/2019 at 12:33 AM, bluesofa said:

Exactly......<deleted>? Amazing comment considering  how many Thais imbibe regularly. I'll retire to bedlam.

I remember the good old days in OZ when every friday the company would provide free slabs of beer to get drunk on and at 10 pm watch you drive out in your company car . Yes it was stupid from both sides but if a first world can do it do not be surprised 3rd world still do

Archived