Two tourists injured as "awake all night" baht bus driver falls asleep at the wheel

webfact

Two tourists injured as "awake all night" baht bus driver falls asleep at the wheel

10pm.jpg

Source: 77Kaoded

Two foreign tourists were taken to hospital with bloodied head wounds early this morning after a song thaew (baht bus) mounted the footpath on Pattaya Sai 2 road. 

They were passengers in the back of the vehicle driven by 38 year old Surasak Narkthae.

Witnesses said that the baht bus hit two parked cars and collided with a parked motorcycle that was propelled into a tailor's shop smashing the front window. 

The accident happened about 6 am this morning.

Surasak said that he had been awake all night and was tired and drowsy. He said he fell asleep at the wheel (a micro-sleep known as 'lap nai' in Thai).

He was detained by police for further questioning. 

Source: 77Kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-08

Hope theres a follow up to this post informing us of how this pans out for the 2 foreign tourists. Pretty obvious where the blame lies but will the tourists be re imbursed all it has cost them. I very much doubt it!

18 minutes ago, LoS itaint said:

Hope theres a follow up to this post informing us of how this pans out for the 2 foreign tourists. Pretty obvious where the blame lies but will the tourists be re imbursed all it has cost them. I very much doubt it!

The songthaew driver might give them their 20 Baht back, if they ask nicely...

32 minutes ago, Kim J said:

No brake failures or plethora of other excuses we constantly hear? That is a refreshing change.

Falling asleep is an excuse in Thailand and absolves him of all responsibility,

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Witnesses said that the baht bus hit two parked cars and collided with a parked motorcycle that was propelled into a tailor's shop smashing the front window.

Presuming the tailor's shop was owned by an Indian, it was obviously just a practice for the oncoming culling season, now that the Chinese numbers have been reduced.

2 hours ago, Kim J said:

Well that is a surprise. He actually admits falling asleep!! Does that mean for once we have a Thai man involved in a road accident that would appear to be admitting he was at fault?

No brake failures or plethora of other excuses we constantly hear? That is a refreshing change.

No, when he comes out of shock he will remember the 3 eyed 12 legged monster who ran into the road naked and breathing fire from its belly button 

Questioning...

I hope their investigations included a alcohol and drugs tests. 

As for compensation, my crystal ball showing me images of another PR presentation with a very large cheque for a small amount of loose change this time by the BB Maffia Co-op to the unluck tourists.

Archived