How do you feel about getting a tattoo in Thailand?

Inked In Asia

3 minutes ago, Anythingleft? said:

Infection, of any type

Whether the parlour has verification or not of clean and sterilized equipment it really is easier to not walk in the shop than take the risks......

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Really appreciate the feedback. Would it put people's mind at ease if the studio really made a hardcore effort in educating and practicing super hygiene in the studio or do you feel the 'infection' risk is just always there?

Really appreciate the feedback. Would it put people's mind at ease if the studio really made a hardcore effort in educating and practicing super hygiene in the studio or do you feel the 'infection' risk is just always there?
Education of artists and them relaying that to customers is key...
Sadly there are still kiosks that will have an effect on the brand, they still come up in the news as spreading infections even recently..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Surely if you willing wish to disfigure your body it does not matter which country you choose ?

Many people choose to 'enhance' their bodies appearance. If you set aside the art work and look at procedures that help with issues like stretch mark cover tattoos that blend the skin to its natural colour again or scalp micro pigmentation that assists people with baldness. Not all tattoos serve the same purpose

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SweatySock said:

I've had tattoos in both Thailand and the UK. I chose my Thai artist based on reputation not only in skill but also in hygiene. Thankfully no issues and I would recommend him to anyone.

That is awesome to hear, very positive for the tattoo community here. I takes very little effort to do things in a correct manor. Good to hear you have had positive experiences here. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, petermik said:

"enhance"......are you serious :whistling:

Yes, 100% serious, many suffer with depression due to unsightly scars, loss of hair of deep coloured stretch marks so a solution is to use tattooing as a remedy to fix an issue

• Sad 2

Tattoos. Personality you can buy. Or, at least it used to be before everyone and their dog got them.

I'm sure there are some good reasons to get a tattoo, such as disguising an unsightly birthmark, covering up scars etc.

Edited by Joe Mcseismic

4 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Tattoos. Personality you can buy. Or, at least it used to be before everyone and their dog got them.

I'm sure there are some good reasons to get a tattoo, such as disguising an unsightly birthmark, covering up scars etc.

I agree, cover ups for peace of mind, art, tribal, religious reasons, memories. So many reasons people choose to have them done.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, fishtank said:

Good grief. :sick:

A great number of people suffer daily with depression and a scar cover, scalp micro pigmentation etc can free them from depression and give them much needed confidence

• Thanks 1

Just now, SweatySock said:

My wife was involved in a bad car crash when she was in her late teens which left her with a very unsightly scar covering a large part of her thigh. She was never comfortable wearing dresses or skirts as she was extremely self conscious of the scar. A few years back she had a tattoo to cover the scar, self confidence restored and now happily wears short shorts. Makes me happy as well.

This is a perfect example of tattoos helping people

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Isaanbiker said:

A great way to make birth marks disappear! Same was done by a friend who had pretty big birthmarks, now covered with a huge tattoo.

I bet a huge confidence boost came with it also

I've had some tattoo's done in Patt's and have no complaints about the hygiene at the studio , quality of art or the cost .. The artist I chose was on the recommendation of another farang/friend .. One thing I would say is research the studio you're thinking of using and ask all the necessary questions about hygiene and cleanliness .. and decline the beach operators and touters .. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Do you mean a bald man can have 'hair' tattooed on his pate.

I had a pal do exactly that...he was delighted at first until someone told him it looked more like pubic hair :clap2:

p.s. he wears a baseball cap now.

• Like 1