How do you feel about getting a tattoo in Thailand?

Inked In Asia

3 hours ago, faraday said:

That's a broad statement, don't you think?

Appearance does matter, & despite what we might think, we are influenced by it.

Btw, my comment about Tattooed types was actually a joke...

Some Japanese people have ' body suits' - I take it you're familiar with this?

I don't understand why they do this; surely Tatoos are a work in progress, to a greater or lesser degree, & achieving near 100% coverage somehow defeats this...?

What's your hourly rate, or is that dependant on the design - if that's the correct word, detail?

Yes my comment was very broad and in a public forum it should be much clearer. I guess you understood what i meant.........

I agree also, to walk in to a studio and get 1 tattoo, all over seems a bit of stretch. I am aware this happens and we have actually added to a Korean clients full body tattoo by adding colour. In my own opinion i feel it is a bit on the extreme side however, when you consider people get eyeball tattoos or the roof of their mouth tattooed it seems less extreme. Just for the record we will not be tattooing eyeballs.

We price per job and not hourly as that could possibly lead to disagreements

• Haha 1

Just had a look at your website, it's very interesting & professionally constructed.

Somewhat impressed with the French Tattooist.

I can't even draw a stick man; what he achieves with his prosthetic arm is remarkable.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, faraday said:

Just had a look at your website, it's very interesting & professionally constructed.

Somewhat impressed with the French Tattooist.

I can't even draw a stick man; what he achieves with his prosthetic arm is remarkable.

Thanks for the feedback. I must stress the Frenchmen is not part of our team, however, i couldn't agree more on your thoughts of him. 

On 7/9/2019 at 2:51 PM, Inked In Asia said:

The problem is with society and not with the potential employee

I don't believe it is a problem of society, per se. If the masses still don't find being served or otherwise dealing with employees in what is generally accepted as conservative businesses, then it is the business's problem if they choose to hire tattooed people. Whereas if people are offended by people in businesses that are traditionally more extroverted and / or non mainstream, then it is the customer who chooses to do business with that company that has the problem if they are offended.

As an anecdote, when I was studying some time ago we spent a little time on psychology. I still recall the lecturer bringing to light numerous studies that showed a direct correlation to western people who chose neck/face tattoos and being in the psychiatric disorders spectrum.

It would be interesting on whether that is slowly changing now. I know rightly or wrongly I am more weary around people with facial or neck tattoos due to those lectures.

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with men with tattoos. Their life, their choice. Women obviously don't think of what a tattoo on their boobs or butt will look like later in life.

Having said that, I come from a generation where having a tattoo was a very clear indicator of one's socio-economic class, and not in a good way.

On 7/12/2019 at 9:41 AM, faraday said:

OP, do you have any interesting Tattoo stories to post?

For example, what was the longest time, in one appointment you spent on a customer?

What is your favourite design?

The length of time people spend in the chair varies depending on the size or details of the tattoo. One guy recently spent 5 days getting a full back tattoo. It was so intricate and the back is such a sensitive part of the body to get done. Generally tattoos are less painful on parts of the body where the sun would hit i.e top of the arm, forearm, lower leg. 

My favourite design changes week on week, i guess its like my music taste, constantly changing, evolving.

Your suggestion of interesting tattoo stories are a great idea. It is not something i have pursued on this platform, we mainly do that kind of thing through other social channels.  

• Thanks 1

Anyone stupid enough to get a tramp stamp in the first place should at least read the research in to the damage the inks will do to your body in the long run. More so if you insist on a plethora of colors in your tramp stamp. There are numerous toxins in the inks and over time these toxins are absorbed into your skin and will cause cancer. It's not a matter of if but when the damage you have inflicted on yourself will manifest itself. And for these idiots who come to Thailand and take a chance in the numerous Tat parlors that seem to spring up on every corner are you brain dead? At least in Western countries there are needle standards and health standards attatced to these places.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

I think they look awful which only deteriorates year by year. For the life of me I don't understand why people have a need to put big, ugly, dark tattoos on their bodies - no matter where in the world the stain is applied.

Darwin award indicator. Highly intelligent people do not have tattoos. How clean are needles in a third world tattoo shop? Guess you'll find out.

I knew a guy claimed he got Hep B from a dentist in Pattaya. Give it a go.

Ugly, childish, self absorbed and narcissistic. Tattoos on women just scream tramp especially in Thailand.

Edited by Number 6

On 7/16/2019 at 11:02 AM, lipflipper said:

Anyone stupid enough to get a tramp stamp in the first place should at least read the research in to the damage the inks will do to your body in the long run. More so if you insist on a plethora of colors in your tramp stamp. There are numerous toxins in the inks and over time these toxins are absorbed into your skin and will cause cancer. It's not a matter of if but when the damage you have inflicted on yourself will manifest itself. And for these idiots who come to Thailand and take a chance in the numerous Tat parlors that seem to spring up on every corner are you brain dead? At least in Western countries there are needle standards and health standards attatced to these places.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Standards are always being raised when it comes to quality of inks and i dont feel your comment is 100%. 

People across the world love to get tattooed in the various places they visit as a keepsake of sorts. 

Patong Municipality makes it a rule for studios to have a certain level of hygiene for those in doubt. In our our case we are Western owned and abide by western standards and all inks and needles are manufactured in the highest possibly standards. I appreciate your feedback although it is a little harsh.

20 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I think they look awful which only deteriorates year by year. For the life of me I don't understand why people have a need to put big, ugly, dark tattoos on their bodies - no matter where in the world the stain is applied.

Darwin award indicator. Highly intelligent people do not have tattoos. How clean are needles in a third world tattoo shop? Guess you'll find out.

I knew a guy claimed he got Hep B from a dentist in Pattaya. Give it a go.

Ugly, childish, self absorbed and narcissistic. Tattoos on women just scream tramp especially in Thailand.

Hello, let me help you understand a little why people choose to get tattoos. Many have religious beliefs and choose tattoos to symbolize their faith, namely the Sak Yant Thai protection tattoos. We get a huge number of Maoris at our studio and they opt for their traditional tribal designs which their own tribe has had for centuries. Other people that have unsightly scars choose to cover up which helps with confidence and sometimes pulls them out of depression. Many females choose to add natural skin colour to stretch marks from pregnancy of being over weight. Balding men can have scalp micro pigmentation to help with the appearance of baldness. 'Ugly, childish, self absorbed and narcissistic' i find this very harsh to rule everyone with these comments. 

There are so many reason for people to choose to get tattoos and i hope i have helped you a little with your opinions on the matter. 

We always stress that people should do their own research on their chosen studios and be certain that hygiene is the main factor in choosing.

Also many, many highly intelligent people have tattoos. It is crazy to dictate otherwise

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Inked In Asia said:

Hello, let me help you understand a little why people choose to get tattoos. Many have religious beliefs and choose tattoos to symbolize their faith, namely the Sak Yant Thai protection tattoos. We get a huge number of Maoris at our studio and they opt for their traditional tribal designs which their own tribe has had for centuries. Other people that have unsightly scars choose to cover up which helps with confidence and sometimes pulls them out of depression. Many females choose to add natural skin colour to stretch marks from pregnancy of being over weight. Balding men can have scalp micro pigmentation to help with the appearance of baldness. 'Ugly, childish, self absorbed and narcissistic' i find this very harsh to rule everyone with these comments. 

There are so many reason for people to choose to get tattoos and i hope i have helped you a little with your opinions on the matter. 

We always stress that people should do their own research on their chosen studios and be certain that hygiene is the main factor in choosing.

Also many, many highly intelligent people have tattoos. It is crazy to dictate otherwise

My comments are not about people such as Maori. Nor about women with some scarring issue post pregnancy. While the Maori are a bit different kettle of fish, I still find such tattoos repulsive. If they want to step into the modern world they might want to rethink face tattoos at the very least.

The vast majority of tattoos are some flash from a wall. Generic tribal tattoo, Thai religious tattoo they can't read and placed below the waist, mickey mouse, mom. Whatever. I will absolutely guarantee that for all intents and purposes you won't find tattoos on people with higher IQs. I would absolutely love to see a chart of 2000 people based on IQ, education or income and tattoo or no. Then another chart percent of tattoo covering the body. But whatever.

It's just fashion. Unfortunately, clothing trends change but dark, faded, fuzzy tattoos do not. Time was only sailors, criminals and prostitutes had tattoos. The crowd remains the same. It's low brow.

That's my opinion. You're welcome to yours.

Edited by Number 6

On 7/8/2019 at 1:05 PM, CGW said:

Many I have seen were done while either drunk or moments of stupidity! :crazy:

Reminds me of when i got married . 

Think i need a tattoo on my butt , stupid farlang , again.. 555

• Like 2

I feel the same was as I would about getting a tattoo anywhere.  It is a barbaric cave man primitive thing that accomplishes nothing except expose one to risk of infection, incurring some pain, and getting something that does not improve with age and typically looks like crap in later years.  But that is just my feeling. To each their own

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

But that is just my feeling. To each their own

Reckon you summed it up well, seems to be common for people to have their kids "pictures" tattooed on them these days, why? don't they have camera's? 

A lot think differently, not sure they will in 30 years time?

images.jpg

• Like 1