Learn vocabulary through a song

IrynaSh

Hi,

I am new to this forum and to Thai language but hope to get your support in my learning process. I would like to learn Thai vocabulary through a song. I do learn grammar and have some vocabulary apps, but want to have more fun in learning.

I would really appreciate, if someone could help me with a literal translation of a song I like, so that I know what I am singing. I have a text in Thai with transliteration as well as a nice English translation, but a nice translation is not helpful, as I cannot attribute it to specific words. Please help! The song is in the attachment.

Thank you all in advance!!!

ความเงียบดังที่สุด.docx

I think that if you look up the words and substitute the meanings, then come up with questions on how the interpretation is arrived at we might learn some vocabulary. 

eg. ความเงียบดังที่สุด story quiet=silence,  loud the most =loudest .

Reverse it= (The) loudest silence. 

เพลง ความเงียบดังที่สุด

ศิลปิน GETSUNOVA

( Word to word meaning )

=======================================

มี  คำ บางคำ  ที่  เก็บ เงียบงัน  
have  word   some words   which  keep silence

คอย  เฝ้ารอ  วันที่  ควร  บอก คำนั้น 
wait  longing for   the day   should   tell  that  words

ให้  เธอ  ได้รับ  ฟัง
give / for   you   receive    listen

ยัง   พยายาม  ยัง  ทำ  ทุกทาง  ผ่านมา  แสนนาน 
yet  trying   yet  do   everyway   have passed   very long time

เพื่อ   จะสื่อ   ไปหา   ให้เธอ  ได้ รู้สึก
for    will communicate    go to   for you   to feel

แต่  ยิ่งทำ   เท่าไร  กลับ  เหมือนว่า  เธอ  ไม่สน 
but   more doing   how much   become   like   you   not   interested

ยิ่ง  ทำ  แค่ไหน   ยิ่งเกิด  คำถาม  ใน  ใจ 
more  doing  how much    more happen   question words   in   heart

เป็น   ความเงียบ  ที่  ดัง  ข้างใน
is   silence  which   loud   inside

เธอ    เคย  รู้สึก  ไหม   ได้ยิน  บ้าง ไหม 
you   ever   felt   ?    heard   some  ?    
( ไหม / มั้ย  is a tag word used to create a question )

เสียง   ข้างใน  ที่   ดัง   ตะโกน  ฉัน  รัก  เธอ
sound/voice  inside  which  loud  shouting  I  love  you

เก็บ  เอาไว้   ข้างใน   เรื่อยมา   ตลอด 
keep   to place   inside   always    all

รู้สึก   ไหม   ได้ยิน   บ้าง  ไหม
feel   ?     heard   some   ?

รัก   ที่   ฉัน   นั้น   ยัง   ไม่เคย   ได้  พูด  ไป 
love   whch   I   that   yet   never   did   speak   go/out

เก็บ  เอาไว้   ข้างใน  หัวใจ  ตลอดมา
keep   to place   inside   heart  always

เป็น   ความเงียบ  ที่  ดัง  ที่สุด  ใน  ใจฉัน
is  silence    which  loud   the most   in   my heart

เป็น   ความเงียบ   ที่   ดัง   ที่สุด  ใน   ใจฉัน
is    silence  which   loud  the most  in   my heart

ควร  ทำ  ยังไง   ต้อง  นาน  เท่าไร 
should   do   how   long time   how much

เธอ  จะ   เข้าใจ  ว่า  ทุกสิ่ง  ที่  ฉัน  ทุ่มเท  เพราะ  รัก  เธอ
you  will  understand   that  everything  which   I   throw in   because  love  you

แต่   ยิ่งทำ  เท่าไร  กลับ  เหมือน  ว่า  เธอ  ไม่ สน 
but  more do   how much   become  like  that   you   not  interested

ยิ่งทำ   แค่ไหน    ยิ่งเกิด  คำถาม   ใน  ใจ 
more do   how much   more happen   question words  in heart

เป็น  ความเงียบ  ที่  ดัง  ข้างใน
is   silence  which  loud  inside

เธอ   เคย   รู้สึก  ไหม   ได้ยิน   บ้าง  ไหม
you   ever   felt  ?    heard    some  ?

เสียง   ข้างใน   ที่   ดัง    ตะโกน  ฉัน  รัก  เธอ   เก็บ  เอาไว้  ข้างใน  เรื่อยมา  ตลอด
sound/voice   inside  which  loud  shouting  I   love   you  kept   to place   inside  always  always

รู้สึก  ไหม  ได้ยิน  บ้าง  ไหม   รัก  ที่  ฉัน  นั้น    ยัง  ไม่เคย  ได้พูด  ไป
feel   ?   heard   ?   some   ?  love  which   I   that  yet  never  spoke  go/out

เก็บ  เอาไว้   ข้างใน  หัวใจ  ตลอดมา  เป็น  ความเงียบ  ที่  ดัง  ที่สุด  ใน   ใจฉัน
keep   to place   inside  heart  always  is  silence  which  loud   the most in  my heart

เป็น  ความเงียบ   ที่   ดัง   ที่สุด   ใน  ใจฉัน
is   silence  which   loud   the most   in   my heart

เธอ   เคยรู้สึก  ไหม   ได้ยิน   บ้าง   ไหม
you    felt   ?    heard    some   ?

เสียง  ข้างใน  ที่  ดัง ตะโกน  ฉัน  รัก  เธอ เก็บ  เอาไว้  ข้างใน  เรื่อยมา  ตลอด
sound   inside   which  loud  shouting  I  love  you  keep  inside  always  always

รู้สึก  ไหม ได้ยิน  บ้าง  ไหม  รัก  ที่  ฉัน  นั้น  ยัง  ไม่เคย ได้พูด  ไป
feel  ?   herd  some  ?   love  which  I  that  yet  never  spoke  go/out

เก็บ  เอาไว้   ข้างใน  หัวใจ  ตลอดมา  เป็น  ความเงียบ  ที่  ดัง  ที่สุด  ใน  ใจฉัน
keep  to place  inside  heart  always   is  silence  which  loud   the most  in  my heart

เป็น  ความเงียบ  ที่  ดัง   ที่สุด  ใน  ใจฉัน
is   silence  which  loud   the most   in   my heart

- - - - - - - -

On 7/15/2019 at 12:56 PM, Perhaps2more said:

เพลง ความเงียบดังที่สุด

ศิลปิน GETSUNOVA

Title: the most intense silence 

( Word to word meaning )

=======================================

มี  คำ บางคำ  ที่  เก็บ เงียบงัน  
have  word   some words   which  keep silence

There are some words which I keep to myself 

คอย  เฝ้ารอ  วันที่  ควร  บอก คำนั้น 
wait  longing for   the day   should   tell  that  words

Awaiting the day for you  

ให้  เธอ  ได้รับ  ฟัง
give / for   you   receive    listen

to hear them 

ยัง   พยายาม  ยัง  ทำ  ทุกทาง  ผ่านมา  แสนนาน 
yet  trying   yet  do   everyway   have passed   very long time

it has been so long that I have been trying everything  

เพื่อ   จะสื่อ   ไปหา   ให้เธอ  ได้ รู้สึก
for    will communicate    go to   for you   to feel

to meet you and tell you and make you have feelings for me

แต่  ยิ่งทำ   เท่าไร  กลับ  เหมือนว่า  เธอ  ไม่สน 
but   more doing   how much   become   like   you   not   interested

but however much I try nothing changes , you don’t care 

ยิ่ง  ทำ  แค่ไหน   ยิ่งเกิด  คำถาม  ใน  ใจ 
more  doing  how much    more happen   question words   in   heart

The more I do the more questions I have in my heart 

เป็น   ความเงียบ  ที่  ดัง  ข้างใน
is   silence  which   loud   inside

it’s a loud silence within 

เธอ    เคย  รู้สึก  ไหม   ได้ยิน  บ้าง ไหม 
you   ever   felt   ?    heard   some  ?    
( ไหม / มั้ย  is a tag word used to create a question )

Have you ever felt anything ever heard anything of the 

เสียง   ข้างใน  ที่   ดัง   ตะโกน  ฉัน  รัก  เธอ
sound/voice  inside  which  loud  shouting  I  love  you

Shouting inside me saying I love you? 

เก็บ  เอาไว้   ข้างใน   เรื่อยมา   ตลอด 
keep   to place   inside   always    all

Kept there continuously for a long time 

รู้สึก   ไหม   ได้ยิน   บ้าง  ไหม
feel   ?     heard   some   ?

Do you not feel it, hear anything of the 

รัก   ที่   ฉัน   นั้น   ยัง   ไม่เคย   ได้  พูด  ไป 
love   whch   I   that   yet   never   did   speak   go/out

Love which I have never spoken 

เก็บ  เอาไว้   ข้างใน  หัวใจ  ตลอดมา
keep   to place   inside   heart  always
  kept in my heart up to now it is 
เป็น   ความเงียบ  ที่  ดัง  ที่สุด  ใน  ใจฉัน
is  silence    which  loud   the most   in   my heart

the loudest silence in my heart 

เป็น   ความเงียบ   ที่   ดัง   ที่สุด  ใน   ใจฉัน
is    silence  which   loud  the most  in   my heart

ควร  ทำ  ยังไง   ต้อง  นาน  เท่าไร 
should   do   how   long time   how much

What must I do how long will it be 

เธอ  จะ   เข้าใจ  ว่า  ทุกสิ่ง  ที่  ฉัน  ทุ่มเท  เพราะ  รัก  เธอ
you  will  understand   that  everything  which   I   throw in   because  love  you

Until you will understand everything I have committed to because I love you? 

แต่   ยิ่งทำ  เท่าไร  กลับ  เหมือน  ว่า  เธอ  ไม่ สน 
but  more do   how much   become  like  that   you   not  interested

ยิ่งทำ   แค่ไหน    ยิ่งเกิด  คำถาม   ใน  ใจ 
more do   how much   more happen   question words  in heart

เป็น  ความเงียบ  ที่  ดัง  ข้างใน
is   silence  which  loud  inside

เธอ   เคย   รู้สึก  ไหม   ได้ยิน   บ้าง  ไหม
you   ever   felt  ?    heard    some  ?

เสียง   ข้างใน   ที่   ดัง    ตะโกน  ฉัน  รัก  เธอ   เก็บ  เอาไว้  ข้างใน  เรื่อยมา  ตลอด
sound/voice   inside  which  loud  shouting  I   love   you  kept   to place   inside  always  always

รู้สึก  ไหม  ได้ยิน  บ้าง  ไหม   รัก  ที่  ฉัน  นั้น    ยัง  ไม่เคย  ได้พูด  ไป
feel   ?   heard   ?   some   ?  love  which   I   that  yet  never  spoke  go/out

เก็บ  เอาไว้   ข้างใน  หัวใจ  ตลอดมา  เป็น  ความเงียบ  ที่  ดัง  ที่สุด  ใน   ใจฉัน
keep   to place   inside  heart  always  is  silence  which  loud   the most in  my heart

เป็น  ความเงียบ   ที่   ดัง   ที่สุด   ใน  ใจฉัน
is   silence  which   loud   the most   in   my heart

เธอ   เคยรู้สึก  ไหม   ได้ยิน   บ้าง   ไหม
you    felt   ?    heard    some   ?

เสียง  ข้างใน  ที่  ดัง ตะโกน  ฉัน  รัก  เธอ เก็บ  เอาไว้  ข้างใน  เรื่อยมา  ตลอด
sound   inside   which  loud  shouting  I  love  you  keep  inside  always  always

รู้สึก  ไหม ได้ยิน  บ้าง  ไหม  รัก  ที่  ฉัน  นั้น  ยัง  ไม่เคย ได้พูด  ไป
feel  ?   herd  some  ?   love  which  I  that  yet  never  spoke  go/out

เก็บ  เอาไว้   ข้างใน  หัวใจ  ตลอดมา  เป็น  ความเงียบ  ที่  ดัง  ที่สุด  ใน  ใจฉัน
keep  to place  inside  heart  always   is  silence  which  loud   the most  in  my heart

เป็น  ความเงียบ  ที่  ดัง   ที่สุด  ใน  ใจฉัน
is   silence  which  loud   the most   in   my heart

- - - - - - - -

I have tried to translate the substitution but I am on an iPhone and got lost. I found ‘bold’ but then got screwed up when italics appeared so gave up. Also it seems imordinatley long, and seems to be repeating itself, have I doubled up through the magic of technology?  

I am not a poet either but it is s start. 

2 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

I have tried to translate the substitution but I am on an iPhone and got lost. I found ‘bold’ but then got screwed up when italics appeared so gave up. Also it seems imordinatley long, and seems to be repeating itself, have I doubled up through the magic of technology?  

I am not a poet either but it is s start. 

Get a printout ? It's easier to read on paper and you can take notes. I got the lyrics from the youtube page shown previously here. 

11 hours ago, Perhaps2more said:

Get a printout ? It's easier to read on paper and you can take notes. I got the lyrics from the youtube page shown previously here. 

I Thanks but I can not print anything, I usually write longhand if I need to. 

I looked at the original when the topic was first posted but used your substituted words. I have just had another look and see some differences. 

eg. The first line  I don’t think ‘things’ ,  the Thai says words and my parlance says ‘words’. I am thinking that ‘things’ are taken romantically by the song These Things Remind Me of You. 

For the poster, who we will probably never hear from again, wants to sing it and I can not really see why the original is not enough which is why I did not bother with anything but the title.  

You are probably right there but the forum aspect has died a death probably because like me, people realise that they are not qualified to translate. 

There is plenty there which I do not agree with but I have never found anyone confident enough to discuss my dissension. 

Have you found anything there which helps with this topic? 

15 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

I Thanks but I can not print anything, I usually write longhand if I need to. 

I looked at the original when the topic was first posted but used your substituted words. I have just had another look and see some differences. 

eg. The first line  I don’t think ‘things’ ,  the Thai says words and my parlance says ‘words’. I am thinking that ‘things’ are taken romantically by the song These Things Remind Me of You. 

For the poster, who we will probably never hear from again, wants to sing it and I can not really see why the original is not enough which is why I did not bother with anything but the title.  

You can not get a printout from your iPhone ?  Go to any computer shop to do that.

The lyrics I used are from the YouTube official site for this song which was also posted here, should be correct.

The original post asked people to open a .doc attachment, that is bad etiquette. 

think and things in Thai word are completely different words and sounds.

Learning a foreign language needs effort and routine.

But you can learn only the title, if that is what you want. 

I would not suggest to people to learn from titles because like news headlines they are nonsensical grammatically.

I can not see in the first line, the word "things" .... I hope we are talking about the same song.

It says มีคำบางคำ if I remember correctly and the translation doesn’t mention ‘words’. 

edit, Oh there is some etiquette is there? I simply licked the link and have just done that again. Things is how they translated คำบางคำ 

edit again, I just searched for it on You Tube, thanks it is quite interesting listening to a song to which one knows the words already, much easier to understand. 

1 hour ago, tgeezer said:

It says มีคำบางคำ if I remember correctly and the translation doesn’t mention ‘words’. 

edit, Oh there is some etiquette is there? I simply licked the link and have just done that again. Things is how they translated คำบางคำ 

edit again, I just searched for it on You Tube, thanks it is quite interesting listening to a song to which one knows the words already, much easier to understand. 

First line :     มี        คำ       บางคำ            ที่         เก็บ       เงียบงัน  
                  have  word   some words   which   keep      silence     

Go back on my original and read carefully. Can you see "word",  "words" ?

Etiquette? Yes, it is silly to expect people to open a .doc file from a stranger. One can paste whatever.

I posted YouTube page from the official site for this song with lyrics on screen, expecting people to look at it before commenting.

Also on the page details, they put on the whole lyrics for you if you want to read.

The person who posted this request asked for a word to word translation, not a nice translation as he said he could not learn from a nice translation. 

You misunderstand me. 

My reaction to the post was brief because the poster was able to do what he wanted for himself. I glanced at the site he linked and noticed that the title was not done so used it as an example and showed my willingness to help if he had questions. 

Your post turned up after the topic was ‘dead’ as far as I was concerned so I made an interpretation for the benefit of any lurkers who might be interested, the OP being long gone.  

When I opened the link again I realised that it was the ‘nice translation’ and that my intervention on your post was superfluous.  

I do not use computers, my questions are sincerely asked. 

While we we are at it we might discuss whether I see คำบางคำ as “word some word” or “word some words”. I really don’t think about it, in fact I don’t translate it, neither do you I expect but substitution demands the former don’t you think? 

1 hour ago, tgeezer said:

You misunderstand me. 

My reaction to the post was brief because the poster was able to do what he wanted for himself. I glanced at the site he linked and noticed that the title was not done so used it as an example and showed my willingness to help if he had questions. 

Your post turned up after the topic was ‘dead’ as far as I was concerned so I made an interpretation for the benefit of any lurkers who might be interested, the OP being long gone.  

When I opened the link again I realised that it was the ‘nice translation’ and that my intervention on your post was superfluous.  

I do not use computers, my questions are sincerely asked. 

While we we are at it we might discuss whether I see คำบางคำ as “word some word” or “word some words”. I really don’t think about it, in fact I don’t translate it, neither do you I expect but substitution demands the former don’t you think? 

IrynaSh,  the original poster has never come back to this ever.

All these are on only one page and you can not miss anything, but you did.

You posted second to the original request.

I posted 4th with youtube page.

When did it say the topic was dead?

You said, "It says มีคำบางคำ if I remember correctly and the translation doesn’t mention ‘words’."

So I told you where the word, words are because I have translated them. 

First line :       มี        คำ       บางคำ            ที่         เก็บ        เงียบงัน  
                  have  word   some words   which     keep        silence      

Go back on my original and read carefully.  Can you see "word",  "words" ?

คำ = word   

บาง คำ = some words

But you still say I did not translate it.

If you can not see them in your iPhone then something is wrong with your phone. 

I can not see how I misunderstood you.

I really wish people would read carefully before making any comment.

7 hours ago, Perhaps2more said:

IrynaSh,  the original poster has never come back to this ever.

All these are on only one page and you can not miss anything, but you did.

You posted second to the original request.

I posted 4th with youtube page.

When did it say the topic was dead?

You said, "It says มีคำบางคำ if I remember correctly and the translation doesn’t mention ‘words’."

So I told you where the word, words are because I have translated them. 

First line :       มี        คำ       บางคำ            ที่         เก็บ        เงียบงัน  
                  have  word   some words   which     keep        silence      

Go back on my original and read carefully.  Can you see "word",  "words" ?

คำ = word   

บาง คำ = some words

But you still say I did not translate it.

If you can not see them in your iPhone then something is wrong with your phone. 

I can not see how I misunderstood you.

I really wish people would read carefully before making any comment.

Why are you being so confrontational, it is obvious that we have different parlance. 

Here:  "It says มีคำบางคำ if I remember correctly and the translation doesn’t mention ‘words’.

I am referring to the translation in the link because I assumed that you had seen it. 

You said yourself that yours was not a translation and I think that I have consistently made the distinction between substitution and translation, which of us is not reading carefully? 

4 hours ago, tgeezer said:

Why are you being so confrontational, it is obvious that we have different parlance. 

Here:  "It says มีคำบางคำ if I remember correctly and the translation doesn’t mention ‘words’.

I am referring to the translation in the link because I assumed that you had seen it. 

You said yourself that yours was not a translation and I think that I have consistently made the distinction between substitution and translation, which of us is not reading carefully? 

What translation are you talking about that you assumed I had seen it?

The original translation word to word was done by me because that was the request. (no one else did the full translation here.)

You added your version to it. I kept saying to you that the "word" and "words" were there. I did not miss them, but you kept saying that they were not there.

It is not the parlance but more of you kept saying I missed some words when I said to you I did not and told you where to look but you still came back to say the same thing again, as if I'd been talking to a wall.

To translate one language to another is translate, not substitute. I did not do from Thai to Thai.

Whether you call it substitute or translate, I did not miss any word because I took time to check everything.

When did I say mine was not a translation?  Do you always assume things without checking?

I did not miss anything but you said I did. I find it a waste of my time trying to help the original post but someone else come to say words are missing or couldn't see them when they were there. Even when I said to you where they were you still said I did not translate words.

I am fluent in Thai both speaking and writing and have been using it for a long time.

Really, I should not bother and I will not do this again.

I hope you will in the future read carefully before comment.

It does not make sense to keep saying other person missing something even when you were told where to look to correct yourself.

If using the iPhone is not easy to see everything then I really think you should rethink about these type of forums.

26 minutes ago, Perhaps2more said:

If you are referring to the attachment .doc file. most internet users will not be stupid enough to open it because you could get the worst virus possible."

It would be extremely stupid if the translator did not use the word "word" to translate "คำ" because there is no other word to use in that context.

15 hours ago, tgeezer said:

Why did you say " neither do you" after I had explained to you in details?

4 hours ago, Perhaps2more said:

If you are referring to the attachment .doc file. most internet users will not be stupid enough to open it because you could get the worst virus possible."

It would be extremely stupid if the translator did not use the word "word" to translate "คำ" because there is no other word to use in that context.

You seem to have realised the problem.  “the translation” is not “your translation”.  

There are terms which are not well defined and I admit that I have ascribed meanings to words with which not everybody would agree.  I have heard ‘word for word’ used to describe substituting words while maintaining the syntax of the original language but I hoped that you might understand substitution.  Whether it is ‘substitution’ is ‘translation’ which is being done is moot; I will refrain from suggesting that you agree with me. 

When I said “neither do you” I added “I expect” which means that I am making an assumption not a statement. I was referring to thinking in Thai rather than English, it might be called mental fluency.  

In the link which you are unable to see, the translation or interpretation says, ”There are things I’ve kept silent about”.  nothing at all stupid in that,  

Does one need to be fluent in order to look up ‘equivalent words’ which is an essential step in learning another language and which I would have expected the poster to do for himself.  Had ‘lrynaSh’ done as I had advised they would have learned both some vocabulary and Thai. 

I am sorry if my inability to “read carefully” or to see your point of view has caused you to think that I impugn your ability in Thai, I assure you that I had no such intention. We have not had what I call ‘a pissing match’ on the forum for some time. I am an old man and concede defeat. 

4 hours ago, tgeezer said:

(1)  I have heard ‘word for word’ used to describe substituting words while maintaining the syntax of the original language but I hoped that you might understand substitution. 

(2)  In the link which you are unable to see, the translation or interpretation says, ”There are things I’ve kept silent about”.  nothing at all stupid in that,  

(1)  When you substitute words from one language with words from another language, you are translating, because you are doing more than substituting. You can also  substitute words within the same language, without translating them. That is how I see it.

(2)  ”There are things I’ve kept silent about”.

It was a bad translation because the meaning changed from words to things

Using  "words" described some words he wants to say but kept silence. This is the correct meaning of this part of the song.  One says/speaks words.

Using "things"  described objects or thought/ideas (abstract), which can not be silenced.  One can not silence a box or thought or an idea. 

Unfortunately the one who wants to learn vocabulary is gone but I think that they are on to a good thing because songs are usually not stories but lists of things which evoke feelings and when taken together paint a picture. They often form the basis for everyday language once the concept is accepted.  

ความเงียบดังที่สุด could well become shorthand for love unrequited.   

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 12:46 PM, IrynaSh said:

I have a text in Thai with transliteration as well as a nice English translation, but a nice translation is not helpful, as I cannot attribute it to specific words.

You can not attribute it to specific words?  That will be a problem you will be dealing with for a long time as in many cases there simply is not a clean, clear one-to-one word translation between Thai and English in many cases.  Often you need to understand context.  You can develop that skill by reading Thai with English translations made by an individual proficient in both Thai and English.  After awhile the Thai language structure starts to make more sense and you develop the skill needed to understand the context and meaning of Thai sentences and phrase.  It's not easy, it's definitely not straight forward, and it's time consuming.

23 hours ago, CALSinCM said:

You can not attribute it to specific words?  That will be a problem you will be dealing with for a long time as in many cases there simply is not a clean, clear one-to-one word translation between Thai and English in many cases.  Often you need to understand context.  You can develop that skill by reading Thai with English translations made by an individual proficient in both Thai and English.  After awhile the Thai language structure starts to make more sense and you develop the skill needed to understand the context and meaning of Thai sentences and phrase.  It's not easy, it's definitely not straight forward, and it's time consuming.

I agree with you and think that this forum could be a good place to discuss specific interpretations.  The only problem I see is that Thai grammar is based on English grammar so the temptation to substitute is difficult to resist.  Take คำบางคำ the translation is ‘some words’ and this is so easily translated back into Thai as บ่างคำ that it becomes the grammar. 

In itself of course this doesn’t matter, we read what is there it could be more or less without changing the meaning. 

I like to use the Longdo dictionary app. and often would like to discuss how the translations are arrived at with the members here. 

Another good site for this is the ‘bulk lookup’ in Thai-language.com where some translations appear to me to be quite wrong. 

Archived