BANGKOK
ahddub

I want to retire as a beach bum in southern thailand

On 8/14/2019 at 5:44 PM, garyk said:

You are going to bored out of your mind after the honeymoon period.

You're absolutely right!  I'm already getting bored just thinking about it.  Actually retiring is going to be traumatic, but at 68 and with the children fully grown and on their own, it's time to get back to the wife.  I guess all new Empty-Nesters go through the same trauma.  They say they'll visit, but that's what they all say.  At least with modern-day social media, they're only a text message away.  Still, we're gonna miss them.

On 7/10/2019 at 12:45 AM, ThomasThBKK said:

Check out Koh Chang, Koh Mak, Koh Kood area - i prefer the gulf of Thailand over the Andaman sea any day.

Nakon si Thamarat is not on the Andaman Sea.

Impossible to go to Thungsong from Koh Chang, Mak or Kood within 2-3 hours. So he don’t want to go there. 

Maybe you should buy a map.

• Like 1

Ahddub,

Thung Song is a great little town and has really developed since I first went there in 1999. However, it still has a lot of charm, with friendly locals so definitely worth staying there for part of the year.

For me I would consider Kanom, as it's not too far from Thung Song or for somewhere with more going on then Krabi.

Some the islands mentioned previously - Lipe, Kood, Chang, Mak, etc are really nice, but lack hospitals and some of the necessities for long term stay, especially as you get older.

Anyway, good luck and let us know what you decide and how you get on.

JS 

• Like 1