how to get Google Chrome back to English?

mitebbots

trying to help a friend get his Chrome in English. 

his google account is set to English. for some reason all the menus are still in Thai even after logging in with his account. 

I am sort of stumped. 

thanks for any ideas. 

I have the same problem. I think it is because Google is so dumb it can't understand that someone living in Thailand doesn't read Thai. I went to Yahoo on Firefox. Made it my homepage on firefox. If I open Firefox I get all English via yahoo. If I use the Google search bar I get Thai so I don't use it. I think before Google tries to take over the world like they are trying they should get some better programmers.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 minutes ago, Chrisdoc said:

I think it is because Google is so dumb it can't understand that someone living in Thailand doesn't read Thai.

Yes we could be sat in Starbuck's at the airport. 

Just because the IP address is in Thailand doesn't mean the person can read/write Thai.

Yes we could be sat in Starbuck's at the airport. 

Just because the IP address is in Thailand doesn't mean the person can read/write Thai.
They are trying to control everything. You used to be able to have a Google account with a Hotmail address but they are trying to force everyone to use Gmail so not anymore. It would be ok if they are competent but if you have a business and want to have a Google maps listing it is a nightmare. If you want to tether one device to another you find the second device will continually update using your data because it thinks it is on wifi. I tell Google not to update and it does anyway. I need to continually remove their account. If you buy an android phone you need to have large memory for all their bloat ware. This situation is another example of their stupidity. They are the worst company in the world apart from Facebook.

under Language settings only English is installed, but all menus are in Thai. 
Yes mine is exactly the same. I did get it on Lazada so deserve what I get I suppose. On mine though it is only Google. If I use another search engine it remains on the language I have in settings which is English.

On 7/9/2019 at 2:51 PM, Chrisdoc said:

Yes could be possible but they are all in Thai.

Okay, I thought you'd be able to see where to click? If I were you, ask a Thai to change it for you. If that's not possible, delete Chrome and make a setup in English:

https://chrome.en.softonic.com/download

Here's a youtube video how to do it:

On 7/9/2019 at 4:54 PM, mitebbots said:

under Language settings only English is installed, but all menus are in Thai. 

But what's your problem? Please ask a Thai citizen who's got a little bit an idea about computers to change the language for you.

The alternative is to delete Google Chrome and download the English version of it.

When people make this setup, they're using software that suits most other users. It takes a minute to change the language. 

Archived