Amazon firestick - Kodi or other apps?

toast1

I bought a cracked amazon firestick off Ebay, and used it in the past to watch foreign TV live when abroad.

What apps should I download to watch UK/US and other foreign TV live, or just TV shows?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

The add-ons and apps come and go, as one gets shut down another starts up. Set up Kodi and be prepared to change add-ons every now and then.

For live TV maybe look into a VPN or proxy server to get around geo blocking.

People cannot give to much advice as its against forum rules to pass on illeagal stuff.

There are lots of youtube videos on how to download/set-up Kodi and the more recent ones will have recommendations for the (current) best repositories to install.

I gave up on Kodi 3-4 years ago and bough a box (1-off fee of 5,000 THB though they do have ones at 3,000 THB) which included a large number of apps that are head & shoulders better than Kodi (Titanium & Morpheus being just 2) - Same guys offer a live TV streaming service for 1,750 THB per year that has thousands of channels (including every sports channel I can think off), both come with a support forum where you can download the latest version of tons off apps - Including Thai TV channels... 

Not sure if it's ok to give out their details here so PM me if you'd like their email address... 

There is no such thing as cracked, chipped, jail broken or any other term in regards to a firestick. They are just simply side loaded. This is something than can be done easily so no need to pay for anything more than the price of the item. I used to run Kodi but I find apps far simpler to add. Sometimes, but rarely, these apps do go down but always an alternative out there. Everything can be found on YouTube.

On 7/9/2019 at 12:49 PM, Mike Teavee said:

There are lots of youtube videos on how to download/set-up Kodi and the more recent ones will have recommendations for the (current) best repositories to install.

I gave up on Kodi 3-4 years ago and bough a box (1-off fee of 5,000 THB though they do have ones at 3,000 THB) which included a large number of apps that are head & shoulders better than Kodi (Titanium & Morpheus being just 2)

Just go to YouTube and use their search feature, e.g., apps for firestick.  There are many videos on how to download and install apps, not only for Kodi but many others as well. I no longer use kodi and to sideload apps for movies, tv shows, etc. is a bit complex.  However, there are several other apps including the two mentioned.  Most of these will not be live shows; but many TV shows are available within a day of their airing in US, UK, or wherever.  For live TV shows, you can also select an IPTV app, but this will most likely involve registering and paying a monthly fee for the service.  Again, go to YouTube and search for iptv apps or something similar - and again, you will find many videos recommending these apps and explaining how to install them.

On 7/9/2019 at 12:32 PM, toast1 said:

OK thanks

How do you set up Kodi?

I don't see it on the Firestick.

Perhaps I could PM you?

Thanks

Try YouTube and search for Peter Carcione. He has an interesting channel that covers many electronic things (including Kodi). 

I have BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, My5, All4,UKTV Player which cover all of my U.K. requirements. For all sports and international TV channels I use Mobdro and Livenet TV and for movies and every TV show ever made I use Morph TV. Google how to download these and use Troypoints instructions, very simple. When installing Morph go into settings and make sure you switch off subtitles,also,instal Trakt TV when it advises you to,this is not another channel but ensures that if you are watching a TV series you automatically go to the next episode. You will need a decent VPN and I use Browsec,USD 39.99 per annum and it’s brilliant. You must sideload it from an Android phone. Hope this is helpful.

20 hours ago, kensisaket said:

Download Filelinked

Several of the YouTube presenters mention Filelinked.  It can be downloaded easily, go to www.filelinked.com in your browser and click to download the APK then install.  When you click on the App, it will have a place to enter a "code" -- several of the YouTube presenters will include the "code" to use - enter the code and continue -- a listing will come up showing several apps for apps that have movies, TV shows, video players including VLC, VPNs - I use IPVanish which works well but does have an annual fee, etc.  - if you want a particular app, you can click on the down arrow to the right - a green line will fill to show it is downloading and when finished, the arrow turns into a "play" type button - click on the button and a screen will come up to install the app. 

If you want to download several of the apps, when one is downloading, go on to another and download it - continue until finished with all you want to download.  Then you can return to those downloaded and click on the "play" type button - when the first is installed, click on "done", return to the filelinked app and continue to install the others that have been downloaded.

In some cases, after entering a code, it may ask for a PIN number -- if one is required, the YouTube presenter will usually include that number as well.

On 7/16/2019 at 10:18 AM, Scottie12 said:

I have BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, My5, All4,UKTV Player which cover all of my U.K. requirements. For all sports and international TV channels I use Mobdro and Livenet TV and for movies and every TV show ever made I use Morph TV. Google how to download these and use Troypoints instructions, very simple. When installing Morph go into settings and make sure you switch off subtitles,also,instal Trakt TV when it advises you to,this is not another channel but ensures that if you are watching a TV series you automatically go to the next episode. You will need a decent VPN and I use Browsec,USD 39.99 per annum and it’s brilliant. You must sideload it from an Android phone. Hope this is helpful.

How do you get BBC iPlayer etc as I've tried and it won't work abroad

On 7/19/2019 at 7:15 PM, KevinYah said:

I have recently downloaded these Kodi repositories  to maximize my experience of Kodi. These repos have amazing and entertaining addons which keep me hooked for hours. All the options mentioned in the list are working at the time of posting this post . 

I can't see the repos. Can you PM them please?

Archived