TM30 online headaches

Has anyone else successfully completed the TM30 online?

I have entered all the information, but there's no way of saving or 'submitting' that I can see.

Top right corner of the pop-out page it gives options 'record' 'cancelled' & 'out' but they don't appear to do much other than clearing all the fields or giving me a message in bad English.

It has save my data in its system, but do I need to do more? Or do I just close? You would think that there would be a box to say submit or anything.

I have attached a screenshot.

All useful comments gratefully appreciated. No need for loads of bitter comments about the system, people, etc.

Screenshot (401)_LI.jpg

After entering the data, click on the disk ("Record") icon.

After that, exit to the main screen, then do a "Search" to display your "record". Do a screen capture, save and print.

You can also check to Sec. 38 mobile app, where you can view your record and capture that screen.

We've been using the Excel spreadsheet option, which makes repeated data entry a breeze. 

Thanks MTLS

I have entered and imported and tried to save several times, but get this message.

Import data in sequence (1) is incorrect.

Please correct the information before saving.

NB. I had all the info entered and still got that message.

Screenshot (402).png

Edited by 2long

I got that error message when I tried to use the primary screen data entry path. I couldn't figure out what the error was, but assume it was some format (date?) issue.

I ended up using the Excel import option which worked fine. The nice thing about the Excel sheet is that you don't have to re-enter data, other than the new TM6 number.

We have it filled in for everyone, then they message the TM6 after they land and we make the filing.

• Thanks 1

Yes, the blue button says something like "Add data to table", then press Record. Sorry.

But if you're getting that error message you've made some sort of data entry error, I think?

The Sec 38 Mobile App appears easier to use, although I haven't used it yet, only to view records submitted online.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I got that error message when I tried to use the primary screen data entry path. I couldn't figure out what the error was, but assume it was some format (date?) issue.

I ended up using the Excel import option which worked fine. The nice thing about the Excel sheet is that you don't have to re-enter data, other than the new TM6 number.

We have it filled in for everyone, then they message the TM6 after they land and we make the filing.

Thanks again (all of you).

I imported the data and entered all the details and checked them and it imports our address (which we can't change) and the new info is 'already in the table' but alas it still gives me the same message.

Luckily, we live very near the newly-moved immigration office and will pop up there. I just hate wasting time, and their ignorant stubbornness not to get some Western IT guys to help things work easily or at least have messages in understandable English.

38 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

We've been using the Excel spreadsheet option, which makes repeated data entry a breeze. 

Is there a template or format to use for the Excel spreadsheet please? Would like to give it a try if easier than typing in the data manually.

Thanks everyone and a special BIG shout out to mtls2005 ????

I went onto the mobile app that my wife already had, but I hate iPhones and the drop-down list of 'point of entries' was in Thai, and the help icon thing said refer to the stamp in your passport.

On this list (on PC and app) there appears to be no DMK Don Meaung, which seems very weird. My wife told me to select our local immigration office, which I did, but that's not my point of entry or listed in the stamp.

Anyway, long story short, I appear to have done it successfully on the iPhone app, and then did the 'search' as advised and it's showing my record!

Yes, the app seems to be easier... but I'm surprised they don't have it working on Line with Hello Kitty stickers!

So, big thanks again!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

Is there a template or format to use for the Excel spreadsheet please? Would like to give it a try if easier than typing in the data manually.

I believe it gets the info when you login / register and add it there in the first place.

Then for the notification of an alien, you click on 'import excel template' and the info you entered online appears.

Good luck!

17 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

The spreadsheet is on the main page. Lower right corner, 3rd link down, soemthing like "download hotel form V.3", this is what hotels use.

You have to fill it in yourself. Save it. Then import it. At least that's what worked for me.

TM30_FORM (2).xls

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 2long said:

On this list (on PC and app) there appears to be no DMK Don Meaung, which seems very weird. My wife told me to select our local immigration office, which I did, but that's not my point of entry or listed in the stamp.

While immigration stamps from Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) do say Suvarnabhumi Airport, stamps from Don Mueang Airport (DMK) say Bangkok.

• Thanks 1

Tip: after making the report, go back to home page and click on the second folder option and then do a search for your entry and screenshot when it shows.

This is the only sort of receipt you can get.

I just did my extension and they wanted this. Luckily I had it already printed out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

So they officially want screenshots when its already on their system? Good to know.

I don't know about "officially" but they wanted a piece of paper to attach, yes. And were satisfied with the screenshot.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 11:25 AM, Sheryl said:

I don't know about "officially" but they wanted a piece of paper to attach, yes. And were satisfied with the screenshot.

I asked about this recently at my TM30 office in Chiang Mai. The lady was adamant that a copy of the screenshot was not enough, and that if I need to apply for extension I must obtain the usual paper slip from them first. Not an issue because as long as I have done the online reporting at the right time, I can get the paper slip anytime later as convenient.

Maybe this is one of those "requirements" that change from office to office, or from officer to officer.

4 hours ago, arithai12 said:

I asked about this recently at my TM30 office in Chiang Mai. The lady was adamant that a copy of the screenshot was not enough, and that if I need to apply for extension I must obtain the usual paper slip from them first. Not an issue because as long as I have done the online reporting at the right time, I can get the paper slip anytime later as convenient.

Maybe this is one of those "requirements" that change from office to office, or from officer to officer.

Sure you need a paper printout no matter what it is - that shouldn't surprise anyone - also you need to sign that "copy" for their records - just showing on any screen won't be accepted anywhere ????

3 hours ago, jabis said:

Sure you need a paper printout no matter what it is - that shouldn't surprise anyone - also you need to sign that "copy" for their records - just showing on any screen won't be accepted anywhere ????

You need to read my post together with the post I was replying to.

When I say "paper slip" it's not a print out, it's the long, narrow piece of paper that they fill out by hand with details of name, address, entry date, and put a rubber stamp on. As I made clear, that's what my particular Immigration wants, not a screen print out.

• 1 month later...

can anyone confirm that once you hit the 'record' button, which I presume is the same as 'save', then immigration will be notified/, as I cant see any 'send' button. Also, is there any reply service from immigration to say they have received a guests details?

I just had to scream SUCCESS!! Did the TM-30 House Registration online on June 20 and have finally received my user name and password on August 20. Then signed in using the app, changed my password as directed and proceeded to register myself being here... YEA!!!!

23 minutes ago, paulbrow said:

I just had to scream SUCCESS!! Did the TM-30 House Registration online on June 20 and have finally received my user name and password on August 20. Then signed in using the app, changed my password as directed and proceeded to register myself being here... YEA!!!!

Congrats! I applied for login/pw on 23rd of June so MAYBE I will be in the next batch! One can only hope! ???? CHeers!

• 2 weeks later...

I initially registered 8 months ago and was refused username and password by Prachinburi, re registered myself 4 weeks ago, checked status and for 2 weeks it sated waiting for confirmation email, which I never got so could not reply. Called help line, they said they will resend. Checked status this week, systems said not found !! I dissapeared, so called them again, they could not find either. I told them I spoke to you last week !! Next bit amazed me, they asked my name, address, passport number then added me and gave me username and password on the phone !! So I just did my first tm30 lol