TAT: "Thai brand of tourism" all about "responsibility and quality" - 10% rise in 2020

webfact

TAT: "Thai brand of tourism" all about "responsibility and quality" - 10% rise in 2020

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The head of Thailand's Tourism Authority expects a 10% rise in tourist revenue next year despite global economic uncertainty. 

Yuthasak Suphasorn still thinks that tourists will be flooding into Thailand keeping the country in the top 6 of most visited nations on earth. 

His targets to maintain this? 

Quality tourists who are responsible. 

In a report by Daily News the TAT chief said it was important that Thailand's natural resources were maintained.

Responsible tourists were needed to help with this. 

He said the country was looking to the tourism industry to bolster the Thai economy. 

He said the "Thai Brand" was all about "responsibility" and "quality".

He expects revenue to increase in 2020 by 37.1 million million baht. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-09

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Quality and responsibility'. What a joke. These are two of the many concepts that Thais in general have ZERO conception of - let alone eagerness to practise and implement themselves (while demanding it from others).

This place gets more and more reality-detached with each passing day!

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

Someone should stop him smoking weed. It's a serious mental challenge to think about reality and then try to make his comment even remotely fit in with it. Thailand is from my experience exactly the opposite of this bizarre statement.

And what about responsible hosts? People who look after their own environment, waterways, lakes, rivers and seas? People who care about their air quality. People who refuse diesel vehicles due to the environmental devastation they cause when not properly maintained. People who take responsibility for their own stuff? Come on now. Let's man up!

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And what about responsible hosts? People who look after their own environment, waterways, lakes, rivers and seas? People who care about their air quality. People who refuse diesel vehicles due to the environmental devastation they cause when not properly maintained. People who take responsibility for their own stuff? Come on now. Let's man up!

The environment is nice but probably just stop killing people on rides and in boats first.  

11 minutes ago, nickstav said:

Read carefully what he said. The quality and responsibility is expected to come from the tourists, not the other way around.

You are right. But the silly TAT guy does say that the 'Thai Brand' is 'quality and responsibility'. Normally when one speaks of a country's 'brand', it refers to what the country is offering to its visitors (not what is demanded of those hapless visitors who are 'lured' across its borders!). 

And of course it is TOTALLY in line with official Thailand's psychopathological self-delusion to believe that it offers 'Quality and Responsibility'!

This is just click bait with a paraphrased text that misses out what he actually said. Read the original, he clearly states that quality and responsibility is aimed at the whole sector of tourism especially tourism services providers. He also says he is talking about both the Thai and foreign sectors of tourists.

The OP is just designed so we get rattled, post and therefore refresh page ads more. Like so many of the so called articles on TV of late.

37 minutes ago, webfact said:

That's the funniest thing I've read for days, I like your comedy khun Yuthasak!

Does this mean that we should expect only premium grade plastic trash all over the beaches and along roadsides seen through the window of a top heavy tour coach as it hurtles down the highway in the charge of a total somchai who doesn’t understand what brake fade is and that low gears are only for pulling out in front of oncoming traffic at the last minute.... Thai friend just called, can’t meet me at the bus station as he’s too worried that he’ll be surrounded by taxi goons wielding machetes in the belief that he’s a grabcar

4 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

This is just click bait with a paraphrased text that misses out what he actually said. Read the original, he clearly states that quality and responsibility is aimed at the whole sector of tourism especially tourism services providers. He also says he is talking about both the Thai and foreign sectors of tourists.

The OP is just designed so we get rattled, post and therefore refresh page ads more. Like so many of the so called articles on TV of late.

Good call.

But it works every time with the TVFOB. (Thai Visa Forum Outrage Brigade).

Let's see them have some responsibility and get quality air to breathe in the north next dry season!

Let's face it quality tourists got scared away when high numbers of every other tourists started to arrive.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Uncontrolled building, haphazard infrastructure, miles of "suburbs" and row after row of ugly shophouses. Ugly superstores, a penchant for cheap style Western consumerism, a sharp drop in food quality and a systemic disrespect from the levels above for the quality of the lifestyle of the general populace.

These are just a few things from the list.

21 minutes ago, nickstav said:

Read carefully what he said. The quality and responsibility is expected to come from the tourists, not the other way around.

But of course, that's the only way they can blame the tourists/expats when things go south.

5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Where are they going to lure and tout these type of

tourists from ?

regards worgeordie

Come on "worgeordie", you know where from. I read your comments and know that you are following the latest tourist booms and busts. The decreasing one and the increasing one (the 5 on 1 group).

I****

and

C****.

9 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Where are they going to lure and tout these type of

tourists from ?

regards worgeordie

Come on Geordie, put your thinking cap on..... They will produced out of T.A,T.s magic hat.????️‍♀️????

Obviously the Chinese peasants who have just discovered wealth, that’s the quality they must mean but the responsible bit must refer to tourists that are not going to visit bars and hook up with innocent Thai ladies. The Issan economy would be ruined by the TAT.

1 hour ago, cmsally said:

Let's see them have some responsibility and get quality air to breathe in the north next dry season!

Let's face it quality tourists got scared away when high numbers of every other tourists started to arrive.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Uncontrolled building, haphazard infrastructure, miles of "suburbs" and row after row of ugly shophouses. Ugly superstores, a penchant for cheap style Western consumerism, a sharp drop in food quality and a systemic disrespect from the levels above for the quality of the lifestyle of the general populace.

These are just a few things from the list.

Perhaps I'm wrong but I've been led to believe that even if Thailand stopped the burning the problem would still exist from other countries.  Strikes me it's an ASEAN problem and should be add dressed in that forum. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

His targets to maintain this? 

Quality tourists who are responsible. 

In a report by Daily News the TAT chief said it was important that Thailand's natural resources were maintained.

Responsible tourists were needed to help with this

And who better to assist in this noble vision .. 

IMG_20190709_054932.jpg

9 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Perhaps I'm wrong but I've been led to believe that even if Thailand stopped the burning the problem would still exist from other countries.  Strikes me it's an ASEAN problem and should be add dressed in that forum. 

If you sit back and pick apart the structure of companies and business; it becomes clear it is mostly a Thai and Chinese problem. The other countries (Myanmar/Laos) taking the role of only "top level benefit receivers". Just dealing with it on a Thai level , if you take into account Thai business and not just national borders would deal with enough to create vastly better air quality.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He said the "Thai Brand" was all about "responsibility" and "quality"

Could he say that with a straight face? "Responsibility" ??? Is he talking about all the Thai drivers who use to flee the scene after accidents? "Quality" The girls used to be good quality, have to admit that, but don't know what else that I would say is quality in Thailand these days.

Archived