"What about my brand new car!?" Thai lady fusses as Frenchman lies in pool of blood

webfact

21 minutes ago, Lionrock2312 said:

tbh if he hit my new car and had possibly been drinking too, I'd be tempted to give him a shoeing while he was down, people in here blaming her for parking on the street? Laughable, either drunk when posting or trying to get a reaction

Wow a guy laying prostrate and you give him a kicking, keyboard warrior much

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Look, Thai lady, you parked your car, it was hit by the French guy, who will probably pay for the damages. That's good.

If your car was hit by the average non-licensed, uninsured Thai motorcycle guy, chances are you get nothing, or your premium goes up. That would be bad, wouldn't it?

Further, your brand new car got it's first battle scar - it was just a matter of time. All the subsequent dings and bumps and scratches will hurt a lot less. You should celebrate, with alcohol and then drive home (with a taxi)

Yes, sure. That´s the way to go. Everybody under the same stone, and then you step on it.

I am kicking 75 in the ass, selling my scooter, I do have a truck but as much as I go to town, I would use grab or a baht bus. Good luck to the injured fellow, hope he is Ok.

5 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I think everyone"s missing the point here, it doesn't matter who's at fault. The guy's on the ground in a pool of blood. Beggar the festering car, worry about it later. Cheez, some people.

Good to know that you would care about a totally unknown person more than your 1 week old car. I actually do not belive you, it a very normal reaction to say something quick without giving much thought about it.

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Can't see the lines there, but could easily be she was parked on the street, therefor illegally. If that is the case she is responsible.

I do not think you are right, but I am unsure about Thai law but in my first year of driving I bumped into a van illegally parked, when the police arrived I pointed out that it was illegally parked, bad mistake I was told in no uncertain terms it was my fault, doesn't matter where he parked I bumped into him, suppose only defence would be if the car was parked in a dangerous place but even then basically one should never drive any faster than being able to stop for or maneuver around obstacles ahead.

Never buy a black car. Barely visible at night and a heat sink in the daytime. Oh, and smallest fleck of dirt shows up, moreso than white cars.

Yellow is said to be the safest color as far as visibility goes.

I suppose if blind drunk color doesn't matter much at night, however

So, now you say that a parked car in the road is risking to be schratched, damaged or worse, and that is her fault? She was too lazy, so she deserved it, right? 

Really we have a WHITE wagon parked correctly on the road in the CBD , twice in a year some Thai on a motor scooter has just run into the back of it. If not for CCTV we would never catch the runner. So we need to be careful about fault.

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Thats right lady get your priorities in the correct order... Sod the French man... What about my car.????

Sod him?  Did you not notice that the French man was been very well attended to by the rescue services?  What could she have done to help more?

Being a local, maybe she knew something about his financial and insurance situation that gave her cause for concern!

32 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I think everyone"s missing the point here, it doesn't matter who's at fault. The guy's on the ground in a pool of blood. Beggar the festering car, worry about it later. Cheez, some people.

He's on the ground being treated and taken care for by the rescue services, he's not being left there with no attention while the car is being fussed about.  Geez...some people.

24 minutes ago, Emdog said:

Never buy a black car. Barely visible at night and a heat sink in the daytime. Oh, and smallest fleck of dirt shows up, moreso than white cars.

Yellow is said to be the safest color as far as visibility goes.

I suppose if blind drunk color doesn't matter much at night, however

To be fair it looks (from the photo) like the car cover is bright yellow!

3 hours ago, BTB1958 said:

Some dumb@$$ who can't see a car.  I would be mad also.  How do you hit a parked car? 

Happens many time on the emergency lane on the express way. Last week man driving a BMW ploughed into a car parked on the emergency lane killing the man standing by it.

32 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Do you have a Thai driving licence??? I thought a colour blindness test was mandatory? :whistling:

I do belive it is, so the answer would be that he didn´t have that either. He could have an international license or a thai driver license that is still valid after he got his problem with sight.

19 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

On the back in the normal position reserved for a number plate.

If you don't know how lights at night can change color perception you clearly weren't in 'Nam.

Rooster

You're right but it's not necessary to have been in "Nam" to know that.

2 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Lets talk in depth about the damage of her car while the tourist that she just drove into looks like about to die on the dirty street.

Let's read the OP in depth, eh?  The Frenchman drove into her car!

13 minutes ago, hellohello123 said:

She clearly does not know that in the USA people can sue for very minor things for millions of dollars,

imagine her priorities change if some lawyer said she can sue someone for the damages to her car and life

What's US law got to do with this and why are you suggesting that it is notable that she doesn't know anything about it?

6 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Wait, so her car was parked, and he ran into it?? Damn right she has a right to be upset. Shitty journalism as usual.

Perhaps it's your reading ability that's not up to par?  There was no journalistic confusion about the events reported, it said her car was parked.

Archived