"What about my brand new car!?" Thai lady fusses as Frenchman lies in pool of blood

webfact

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

And that was your subtile way of saying that all Thais live like cave people, animals or at least that you are standing high above that woman and her family?

Well Matzzon, he's British, so don't expect anything but nastiness from him

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Lets talk in depth about the damage of her car while the tourist that she just drove into looks like about to die on the dirty street.

Umm she was parked>> He ran into her

No worries he must be totally legal and his insurance will pay for the damage to the car . after all he is french and must be all squeaky clean within the road laws of Thailand   ????????????

The guy should not have been riding a motorcycle, its fortunate he didn't hurt anyone else... I hope he's ok. 

The woman who cared more for her car than for an injured person is a despicable character. Unfortunately there are a few around, these 'aunties' are generally push and have a sense of entitlement beyond social norms, even the Thai's comment negatively on such self centered me, me me behavior... Fortunately the majority of the population in Thailand is not like this and this lady is not an example of Thai people, she is just an example of a self-centered cow. 

37 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Lets talk in depth about the damage of her car while the tourist that she just drove into looks like about to die on the dirty street.

The car was stationary, did you actually read the OP? Must do better 

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The guy should not have been riding a motorcycle, its fortunate he didn't hurt anyone else... I hope he's ok. 

The woman who cared more for her car than for an injured person is a despicable character. Unfortunately there are a few around, these 'aunties' are generally push and have a sense of entitlement beyond social norms, even the Thai's comment negatively on such self centered me, me me behavior... Fortunately the majority of the population in Thailand is not like this and this lady is not an example of Thai people, she is just an example of a self-centered cow. 

Fair comment i assume you would not at all a little angry about your brand new car then 

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

I do not think you are right, but I am unsure about Thai law but in my first year of driving I bumped into a van illegally parked, when the police arrived I pointed out that it was illegally parked, bad mistake I was told in no uncertain terms it was my fault, doesn't matter where he parked I bumped into him, suppose only defence would be if the car was parked in a dangerous place but even then basically one should never drive any faster than being able to stop for or maneuver around obstacles ahead.

Anyone who crashes into a parked car is a plum and therefore guilty.

2 hours ago, jesimps said:

I think everyone"s missing the point here, it doesn't matter who's at fault. The guy's on the ground in a pool of blood. Beggar the festering car, worry about it later. Cheez, some people.

No,he is not in a pool of blood.

Jean Paul, 67, was taken to Pattaya Memorial hospital after first aid was administered at the scene. this according to the op.

5 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Where are the red plates?

It’s a red plate, you can tell by the format of one letter followed by four numbers. 

It looks yellow because it’s reflective and there’s a bright yellow light shining on it. 

That’s also why the woman’s crotch area looks yellow. Or it could be because she pissed herself when she saw the damage. 

If you actually knew where this place was, you'd know that almost everyone parks in the lane. Chokchai 4 is kind of segregated from the area around it and there is one way in/out of the village (https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9301691,100.9146122,3a,27.4y,195.56h,88.7t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1soN7Ukw3BEfUUf68QsaV6uw!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DoN7Ukw3BEfUUf68QsaV6uw%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D21.63312%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100?hl=en).

Even the Googlecar didn't go into there ! All of the lanes are very narrow, just like they are in many similar "villages". However, one can normally zip around easily on a scooter without problem. 

Assuming one is not "blind drunk" of course.

Looking at the photos, the woman's car is parked tight against the wall on one side of the lane. In most cases you would probably be able to get by that vehicle even with another car/small truck. The photo showing the ambulance in the lane shows you could go around either side it it (the ambulance) on a scooter with ease). 

Also, many of those villages are responsible for their own street lighting and it's up to the pooyai baan to replace the lights (and pay the electricity bill). Possibly there are some lights there that need replacing. Even still, it should not have been that hard to see the car and avoid it (assuming you can see and your lights were on and you were in control of your faculties).

Kind of wonder if they did a blood test at the hospital.

5 hours ago, mercman24 said:

totally agree with her, some silly old <deleted> blind as a bat riding a scooter, he is lucky he is not just a mangled heap in the road, its bad enough here and these sods can see. seems they all knew this guy cant see bugger all yet riding a scooter.

another pommie  aaaas h, why dont you just shut up, agree with me !

12 minutes ago, myjawe said:

Old men should not drive motorbikes. I feel pity for them.

Thanks for that. I would lose 80% of my city mobility if I gave up my scooter. I have not had an accident in ten years driving here. Any other intelligent observations to make?

French guy should not have been on the road with bad eyesight - accident waiting to happen. 

This time only a car and himself injured next time he could kill somebody -  Lady has every right to be unhappy about her vehicle being damaged by this idiot

Archived