What Would You Like To Eat Right Now?

If location & money were no object, what would you like to be dished up to you? Something you haven't eaten for years? Something you eat all the time?

For me, at this moment it would be an authentic British Ploughman's lunch. Fresh, crusty bread, a slab of mature cheddar cheese, salad, salted butter, a huge mouth watering pickled onion & loads of Branston pickle. Maybe a bit of apple... not like you get it in Brit pubs in BKK :o Like you get it in canalside pubs in the Midlands.

What about you?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A double-double at In-N-Out burger

French fries

a strawberry shake or a chocolate shake.

Darn, Can't find picture of it to post here.

Mmmmmmm!

I'll do it for you.. We have rumors here in Chiang Mai one may have opened up incognito..the plot thickens (and so will my waistline)..

post-31110-1173894581_thumb.jpg

post-31110-1173894592_thumb.jpg

Hoi

Is this what you are trying to say alf witt ??post-31110-1173894110_thumb.jpg I lived on these for 6 weeks while studying in Marseille, France.. Oh i miss them so...

Just a few minutes up the road from my home in the U.S.

My wife and I enjoy "Wellfleet" oysters, the best in the world.

We pick them ourselves at low tide, open them right there on the beach.

mmmmmmmmm.

Hoi

Is this what you are trying to say alf witt ??post-31110-1173894110_thumb.jpg I lived on these for 6 weeks while studying in Marseille, France.. Oh i miss them so...

Mais Oui!

Same Same, but different.

I find the Thai ones more chewy (sorry, no pic.!!)

Have you visited the Oyster "beds" in Marennes, near Royan?

The Walrus and the Carpenter knew a thing or two!

Beats and "In and out Burger" for sure but it takes all types.

French fries

Mmmmmmm!

yeah, an In-N-Out burger would've been my second choice...best burgers in southern California. But, a 'double-double'?...de menu must've changed but I haven't been around fer 20 years an' most things change given enuf time...

when growin' up in Pasadena in de 50s useta go down the original location on Foothill Blvd wid me auntie an' cousin, dey had better taste in things than me parents who preferred the MacDonalds down in Alhambra...de place looked like a gas/petrol station widda cubicle where the pumps would be wid 4 guys squeezed in frantically makin' up de burgers, fries and milkshakes...hence, In-N-Out Burger...Stanley Kubrick in A Clockwork Orange helped to popularise de terminology when he had de anti-hero Alex describe nights of ultraviolence wid helpless wimmin an' 'a bit ob de old in-an-out...'

Hoi

Mais Oui!

Same Same, but different.

I find the Thai ones more chewy (sorry, no pic.!!)

Have you visited the Oyster "beds" in Marennes, near Royan?

The Walrus and the Carpenter knew a thing or two!

Beats and "In and out Burger" for sure but it takes all types.

I found the pic I had in mind !!

post-36713-1173897943_thumb.jpg

Champ. An Irish dish of mashed potato finely chopped spring onion and some finely chopped Kurly Kale (spelling???). All mashed together with some butter, a little salt and a 'crack'of black pepper.

I miss some of those old Irish favourites...

Champ. An Irish dish of mashed potato finely chopped spring onion and some finely chopped Kurly Kale (spelling???). All mashed together with some butter, a little salt and a 'crack'of black pepper.

Just for you..Mind you the bowls a bit small...post-31110-1173899434.jpg

Baked mac and cheese, or a caesar's salad with lots of Cheeky's croutons, or a tender steak sandwich with a baked potato drowned in butter, sour cream and chives and a fat slice of garlic toast, or an end cut of prime rib, or a pick of the sushi from a little sushiya near Tsukiji market (fish off the boats) in Tokyo at 4am, or escargot, or a slice of hot pecan pie with a dab of vanilla ice cream on top, with a bowl of espresso cafe au lait... Never give me choices: a thousand things come to mind... :o

Baked mac and cheese, or a caesar's salad with lots of Cheeky's croutons, or a tender steak sandwich with a baked potato drowned in butter, sour cream and chives and a fat slice of garlic toast, or an end cut of prime rib, or a pick of the sushi from a little sushiya near Tsukiji market (fish off the boats) in Tokyo at 4am, or escargot, or a slice of hot pecan pie with a dab of vanilla ice cream on top, with a bowl of espresso cafe au lait... Never give me choices: a thousand things come to mind... :o

You're a classy chick Jet! I'd love to go on an eating spree with you some time...

Thats a hard one because I have thousands of food memories.

But, right now, I could go for

Mexican cabrito (grilled baby goat) served with homemade tortillas, spicy salsa fresca, charro beans, and guacamole.

OR

A black squid ink paella (after you eat it your mouth is jet black) as I once had at a fine Spanish restaurant in Manila

there is a popular irish pub in Manama in Bahrain that does bangers an' champ (both pork and beef sausage available), very tasty, wid nice gravy...only 5 mins walk from our flat an' used to go down onna Friday lunchtime widde local paper an' partake. Even de wife would order sum in preference to de pepper steak on de menu, also quite nice...an' she don't even like falang food that much...one ob life's small pleasures in de Arabian Gulf...

Well I've already had the two eggs easy over and the baked beans (unfortunately not Heinz :D ) but what was missing was the Cumberland sausages, pork bacon (smoked) and good ole black pudding :o .

Now you've done it, I've just had breakfast and I'm hungry again!

For dinner:

- crab soup (chinese style) rich and creamy made with fresh crab and some rice.......kinda almost like a congee type soup.....found only in one of the Macau island mmmmmmmm deliciously yummy

- foie gras on toast the one at Le Bouchon will do....but best is the one my friend in Malaysia makes......mmmm

- iced chocolate from Sydney's numerous cafes. try as I have.....yet to find anywhere in thailand that does anything close to the iced chocolates to be found in Sydney.....rich in chocolate, with a scoop of icecream and topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with chocolate powder mmmmmmmm

- chocolate cakes from Le Notre for dessert

- choccocino drink from the Chocolate Bar by the Bald Man Max Brenner (closest one is in Manila!!!0

- and some chocolate pieces from same shop for after dinner snack (their white choc with coffee bits are yummy!)

that should do for me :D

PS. will someone find and post the pics for me? :o cant upload pics on the forum for whatever reason.

French fries

Mmmmmmm!

Yummmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In-N-Outmenu.jpg

aw, trip...why did ye haveta go an' do that (tutsi weeps wid homesickness :D:D:o )

mmmm...iced tea? a nice addition to de menu...