What Would You Like To Eat Right Now?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually substitute full fat small curd cottage cheese fer the ricotta, try it sumtime...haveta think about the italian sausage fer the sauce; would haveta be bulk ground widdout casings fer a good mixture but sounds like a good idea...gonna haveta fire up de 1.2 kW Sanyo power meat grinder an' investigate...

Is there anyplace in Thailand where you can even buy cottage cheese? Never seen it except in some of the expensive hotel restaurants, but don't know where they get it from.

At the food hall at Siam Patagon.

probly bought 'em down de 7-11 wid Vermeer's pearl earring girl as the alluring shop assistant...

Ah, that is a beautiful painting. It captures the essence of a purity and sweetness of life to me. I read a book called that recently.

I'm more of an abstract kinda gal, but that painting is special.

Austhaied, quit showing pictures of food like that unless you can produce it through the ethernet. :o

Ok Jet, stand by your ethernet port I'm sending it through now..

post-31110-1174120534_thumb.jpg

Edited by Austhaied

probly bought 'em down de 7-11 wid Vermeer's pearl earring girl as the alluring shop assistant...

Ah, that is a beautiful painting. It captures the essence of a purity and sweetness of life to me. I read a book called that recently.

I'm more of an abstract kinda gal, but that painting is special.

Austhaied, quit showing pictures of food like that unless you can produce it through the ethernet. :o

Ok Jet, stand by your ethernet port I'm sending it through now..

Austy, they're breaking up, they're breaking up...awwww...but thank you kindly for your generous offer. Sigh. :D

November Rain, you are EVIL !

How about ...

a slice of red Leister cheese on a Carr's water biscuit

tender, crumbly corned beef with mustard or horse radish, boiled potatoes and cabbage

avocado with a dash of French dressing and black pepper

baguette with brie

chorizo

leek and potato soup (Vichysoisse)

slice of pizza made by an Italian friend's aunty

salad Nicoise

souvlaki at midnight

hearty Italian meatballs baked with tomatoes and heaps of garlic

wholewheat toast with Vegemite

Calabrese salami

pastrami on rye

Polski Orgorki dill pickles with cheddar cheese

chilled cucumber soup

Kalamata olives

moussaka

Lebanese bread with assorted dips

Vietnamese noodles (pho)

and

a great big bag of TWISTIES !

(not all at once, of course)

Beef Stew and Dumplings (with a few drops of Tabasco sauce) ..... gawd I miss dumplings.
Beef Stew and Dumplings (with a few drops of Tabasco sauce) ..... gawd I miss dumplings.

I would make you dumplings, Thaddy. :o

Where can you get suet for dumplings in Pattaya?????

yeah...sumone should post a thailand friendly recipie fer dumplings...never knew that suet was a vital ingredient; couldn't ye just use vegetable oil instead?

November Rain, you are EVIL !

How about ...

a slice of red Leister cheese on a Carr's water biscuit

tender, crumbly corned beef with mustard or horse radish, boiled potatoes and cabbage

avocado with a dash of French dressing and black pepper

baguette with brie

chorizo

leek and potato soup (Vichysoisse)

slice of pizza made by an Italian friend's aunty

salad Nicoise

souvlaki at midnight

hearty Italian meatballs baked with tomatoes and heaps of garlic

wholewheat toast with Vegemite

Calabrese salami

pastrami on rye

Polski Orgorki dill pickles with cheddar cheese

chilled cucumber soup

Kalamata olives

moussaka

Lebanese bread with assorted dips

Vietnamese noodles (pho)

and

a great big bag of TWISTIES !

(not all at once, of course)

dis poster has good taste...I particularly miss the pho bo noodles fer breakfast at the noodle places opposite my flat in HCMC...hook in dem fresh mint leaves an' mmmm, mmmm good...served up by cute waitresses in pyjamas...

TWISTIES...yes!!!!!! im off to aust in a month or so and plan on eating twisties. not like the thai ones.

but what i would love right this minute? ooh...a toffee banoffee from the bkk baking co in the marriot in bkk.

Thanks darlin' ... I have a supply chain of Attora Shredded Beef Suet starting up soon.... the shear pleasure of making something from scratch is almost as good as eating the end product...... err.. no it isn't.... I need some stodge and I need it now.... I may make a placard :D

Where can you get suet for dumplings in Pattaya?????

yeah...sumone should post a thailand friendly recipie fer dumplings...never knew that suet was a vital ingredient; couldn't ye just use vegetable oil instead?

A guide to dumplings........

Two cups of the old self raising flower...... one cup of beef suet..... one cup of water..... and then you need it, knead it, nead it.... the more time you spend on that the better...... roll into a sausage shape and chop... roll into small balls, coat with flour and add to the stew after it has been simmering for at least 3 hours ... cook for another twenty minutes at full heat.

Crisp on top, soggy at the bottom...... bliss :D

P.S.

Tuts, you can't use vegetable oil.... no fat content (well, not the right sort)

Suet comes from one place on the animal, it's the fat surrounding the kidneys, it's pure, it's white and will eventually kill you in sufficient quantities..... I've tried to make my own but the quality of Thai butchering leaves a bit to be desired.

Why do you want that bit?...... etc etc

(six days in BKK and I'm stuck in a cholesterol rut :o )

TWISTIES...yes!!!!!! im off to aust in a month or so and plan on eating twisties.

Food of the gods. The plain ones.

OK, the chicken, too. :D

And had not even thought of them until the evil November Rain's question. :o

Twisties ...

Edited by WaiWai

And had not even thought of them until the evil November Rain's question. :o

Heee! Heee! My evil plan to spread dissatisfaction & longing amongst the masses on TV is working!! :D:D:D

Actually, instead of feeling better about not getting my ploughman's, I now feel worse, because I've seen or thought of so many other things I want... :D

I've thought about this for a couple of days, without reading the replies. I would like to be home in Texas, with an empty stomach, and walk into an all-you-can-eat buffet. Mashed potatoes with brown gravy, roast beef, pizza, turkey with dressing, fried chicken, hamburger patties with cheese, macaroni and cheese, Diet Dr. Pepper, hot rolls with butter, fresh steamed broccoli, chicken fried rice, chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream cones, German chocolate cake, pecan pie, lemon cream pie, cookies...have I forgotten anything?

I've thought about this for a couple of days, without reading the replies. I would like to be home in Texas, with an empty stomach, and walk into an all-you-can-eat buffet. Mashed potatoes with brown gravy, roast beef, pizza, turkey with dressing, fried chicken, hamburger patties with cheese, macaroni and cheese, Diet Dr. Pepper, hot rolls with butter, fresh steamed broccoli, chicken fried rice, chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream cones, German chocolate cake, pecan pie, lemon cream pie, cookies...have I forgotten anything?

nice one, PB...sigh, dem all you can eat buffets in de US are now just a vague memory...hotel lunch/supper buffets just ain't de same thing...

nice one, PB...sigh, dem all you can eat buffets in de US are now just a vague memory...hotel lunch/supper buffets just ain't de same thing...

They still have them, and they're about $8 for lunch, $10 for dinner, but the evening is more likely to feature shrimp. Chinese buffets are popular, too, with lots of fried rice dishes, fish, etc. And did I mention the baked potatos, French fries, green beans, peas, corn, and iced tea?

They still have them, and they're about $8 for lunch, $10 for dinner, but the evening is more likely to feature shrimp. Chinese buffets are popular, too, with lots of fried rice dishes, fish, etc. And did I mention the baked potatos, French fries, green beans, peas, corn, and iced tea?

You missed chicken fried steak with gravy. Biscuits, ham and gravy. Pumpkin pie. Waffles with strawberries

I usually substitute full fat small curd cottage cheese fer the ricotta, try it sumtime...haveta think about the italian sausage fer the sauce; would haveta be bulk ground widdout casings fer a good mixture but sounds like a good idea...gonna haveta fire up de 1.2 kW Sanyo power meat grinder an' investigate...

Is there anyplace in Thailand where you can even buy cottage cheese? Never seen it except in some of the expensive hotel restaurants, but don't know where they get it from.

The Rim Ping Supermarket in Chaing Mai has a great selection of cheeses including cottage. The only place I have found here where I can get good ole English stilton.