Polish tourist rescued from forest on Koh Pha-ngan

webfact

Polish tourist rescued from forest on Koh Pha-ngan

By The Nation

pt.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A Polish tourist was rescued from the forest on a mountain in Koh Pha-ngan in Surat Thani Monday night after getting lost earlier in the day, a senior tourist police officer said.

Pol Maj Gen Angkoon Klaiklueng, commander of Tourist Police Division 3, said the search for Tomasz Andrzej Sliwinski started at 5.30pm after the tourist police on the island were alerted that he had become lost on the mountain between Haad Rin beach and Haad Yuan beach in Moo 6 village in Tambon Ban Tai.

The tourist police sought help from local troops, district officials, the tambon chief, village headman, and park officials to assemble search teams to look for him.

The tourist was located at 9pm and led to the tourist police booth on Haad Rin beach. The authorities then contacted the Than Sadet Hotel in Moo 5 village of Tambon Ban Tai to collect him.

Source: http://www.nationthailand.com/news/30372614

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-07-09

23 hours ago, Lenny Jones said:

How in the Hell do you get lost on a small island?

You cannot go anywhere without running into the ocean - especially if you walk downhill!

PMSL !

Just what I was thinking . You walked uphill for a hour or two then think your lost so just start walking downhill and keep going <deleted> !!

God help him in an airport !!

8 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

Just what I was thinking . You walked uphill for a hour or two then think your lost so just start walking downhill and keep going <deleted> !!

God help him in an airport !!

There's lot's of ravines on the islands, if you fall you're in problem. 

Also there's more than one mountain. 

Jungle view Koh Phangan. 

images (1).jpeg

1 minute ago, PoorSucker said:

No sh1t Sherlock! - I guess some people shouldn't wander too far from the resort front gate if there is more than one mountain on a little island

2 minutes ago, Lenny Jones said:

No sh1t Sherlock! - I guess some people shouldn't wander too far from the resort front gate if there is more than one mountain on a little island

Koh Phangan is 125 km² 

On 7/11/2019 at 6:27 PM, PoorSucker said:

Jungle view Koh Phangan. 

images (1).jpeg

On 7/10/2019 at 10:38 AM, Lenny Jones said:

You cannot go anywhere without running into the ocean - especially if you walk downhill!

PMSL !

Lenny Jones!have you been there at all?May be you mix it up with another island? I think the only island you know is....may be Phuket?

37 minutes ago, vanillalatte said:

Lenny Jones!have you been there at all?May be you mix it up with another island? I think the only island you know is....may be Phuket?

Listen sport - I spent a year in the Solomon islands - over 1000 islands! - in a peace-keeping job.  Many of them uninhabited and un-mapped.. Prior to that I grew up in the bush in Australia. A place like Phangan is a joke.  A couple of ignorant, uneducated tourists get "lost" and a whole lot of people think it's a bit of a problem

Then you come along and make a silly statement about me and Phuket?

And Yes.  I live on Samui and I've been on and around Phangan once or twice - - - - - -

On 7/10/2019 at 8:38 AM, Lenny Jones said:

PMSL !

Not when you're on Magic Mushrooms and you're lost in time and do not see the forest because of too many trees! 

On 7/14/2019 at 1:19 AM, Mikisteel said:

Stories a bit light on info.

Is that 3 of the 4 in bandages or just some odd clothing on 2 of them?

Who out of this pack of poles actually got lost. If it was one of the kids fan good job.

Calling people a pack shows a lot about your sweet character. 

On 7/14/2019 at 2:19 AM, Mikisteel said:

Stories a bit light on info.

Is that 3 of the 4 in bandages or just some odd clothing on 2 of them?

Who out of this pack of poles actually got lost. If it was one of the kids fan good job.

What problem you have with your eyes?!there is only one guy with

bandages on his leg,this guy was lost,others - lady and kids most likely not.

Archived