Thai driver flees the scene after refusing to pay compensation

webfact

Thai driver flees the scene after refusing to pay compensation

10.jpg
Picture: Thai Rath

A house owner posted a video on Facebook to shame a Thai driver after he did a U-turn next to her property and crushed a bucket. 

Maliwan Homsiang told Thai Rath said she confronted the driver and asked him to step out and pay her compensation for the damage to her bucket.

Instead he just wound down the window of his Nissan Almera and gave her a quick "wai" before saying:

"Why do I have to pay you?"

He then drove off. 

Maliwan said there was a proper U-turn nearby and he didn't need to use the passageway leading to a rental property next to her building. 

She wants an apology from the driver. 

But at least there was public shame - 58,000 people viewed the footage. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-09

Now there`s a hole in my bucket......dear???? dear????

a hole in my bucket......dear???? today

so mend it dear????.....dear????

so mend it dear???......dear???? today :thumbsup:

I ran over and killed a dog in Hua Hin right in front of the owners.  It was in the street gutter and I did not see it while parking.

I offered them 5000 b and very surprised they said No. They said it is just a dog do not pay anything.

I left and they were just staring at it's lifeless body.

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

I ran over and killed a dog in Hua Hin right in front of the owners.  It was in the street gutter and I did not see it while parking.

I offered them 5000 b and very surprised they said No. They said it is just a dog do not pay anything.

I left and they were just staring at it's lifeless body.

goes to show it wasn't a bucket.

1 hour ago, MiNombreEsFicticious said:

There went 30 seconds of my life I will never get back. 'eff the cunningly unethical bucket and the bystander bucket, too. Damn the both of you.  

You're quite the cunning linguist...or so I hear.

I'd insert an emoji, but they take to long to load.

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I am sure the filthy old thing would be a 200,000 baht family heirloom if the owner had been a farang

It is the same all over asean countries. I remembered a newspaper story about an incident in Malaysia in a rural village where the main highway ( before the new multi lane north south highway was built) ran thru the village. Some driver ran over a village chicken and offered to pay for the damage, suddenly the lowly chicken became the village prized fighting cock worth some serious money. 

17 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I am sure the filthy old thing would be a 200,000 baht family heirloom if the owner had been a farang

Its a family heirloom was handed down from the Ming Dynasty 

Who gives an efff about the bucket? Tilting my head 90 degrees to watch a boring video was really not worth the crick in my neck. Flees the scene? Flees the effin' scene? He just tootled off.    

Archived