Serious Teachers website???

Anyone else use this website?  Some Thai jobs, but tons of jobs in China. I activated my resume, and received about ten vague offers.  I know this forum is about teaching in LOS, but who, in their right mind, doesn't have an interest in teaching jobs in the entire region?  How can it be worse than most jobs here?  

38 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

Employers pay quite a lot to advertise on that site. 

Looks like a cesspool of recruiters, too.  The other day, I was looking through a well known teaching website here.  A new low.  The add came right out and stated the employee would manage his own visa... 

46 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

Manage, as in the paperwork?

It seemed to imply that it would be understood that the person hired would be illegal. I will pm you a link.  It is a temp job, but still... 

1 hour ago, moontang said:

It seemed to imply that it would be understood that the person hired would be illegal. I will pm you a link.  It is a temp job, but still... 

23k a month, no agreed contact hours, and a list of extra freebee duties to take care of. That is the worst job offer i have seen in a long time.

9 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

23k a month, no agreed contact hours, and a list of extra freebee duties to take care of. That is the worst job offer i have seen in a long time.

I want really planning on applying, but it is a new, new low for job ads at well known sites, publicly acknowledging the employee will be working illegally. Sorry to see that some of the more experienced people in the business are part of a horrible quid pro quo, where the teacher is always set up to take the fall. 

Archived