Jump to content
BANGKOK 18 July 2019 08:07
koolaukid

Problem with Landlord and TM30

Recommended Posts

I have a bad situation and would like some advice how to remedy. I live in an apartment in Bangkok. Immigration has refused my visa extension because the landlord has not filed a TM30. Contacted the landlord but they refuse to provide the documentation necessary to file a TM30 because they are concerned they may be subject to fines and taxes. Current visa expires July 27. What are my options to get the landlord to file a TM30? Also, if I need to leave early, the landlord will keep the apartment deposit. Suggestions?

 
 
 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could try to do the TM30 yourself as the possessor of your residence.

Do you have a rental agreement? Or anything else you are living in the apartment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a rental agreement as well as a hard copy of our conversation on Line where the agent (acting as a go between) has refused to provide necessary documentation and has invited me to move out early.  Immigration has told me we need a copy of their ID or House Registration for the TM30.  Those are the documents they refuse to provide.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll go to Immigration tomorrow to try to self file the TM30.  Failing that I'll be reporting the landlord.  I don't have much time either way.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, koolaukid said:

I'll go to Immigration tomorrow to try to self file the TM30.  Failing that I'll be reporting the landlord.  I don't have much time either way.

Since time is issue....just file tm30 as ubonjoe outlined in person at immigration. You do this as "possessor". You will need a lease. Your identity page pp. Copy last entry stamp to los. I would also copy tm6 and reentry permit if you have one. From reports you may be fined 800baht so have it with you. File it first same visit as doing the extension. 

Good luck.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jackdd said:

Do you live in an apartment (the whole building is owned by one company) or a condo (the units are owned by individual owners)?

If it's an apartment i think you can't submit your own TM30, because you are not the possessor of the whole house, you just inhabit one room of many rooms in the house and your room is not really seperated from the other rooms (all share the same house number and there is only one house book)

A condo unit is like a house (each unit has an own house number and house book), so in this case as a tenant you are the possessor.

But i don't know if immigration actually makes a difference.

 

With such an uncooperative owner i would notify the police of their unlawful behaviour and also the revenue department, so that they can make sure the owner actually pays taxes on the rental income.

He can do it as possessor. I don't support your take on his ability to file his own tm30. 

Also causing conflict with owner/manager will not end up well. The op can pursue that path but that will in turn lead to problems ongoing and he would most likely feel a need to move. 

Sometimes best to walk around a problem. The easy route. Also sounds like he needs to do tm30 for imminent extension. Time the enemy. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Since time is issue....just file tm30 as ubonjoe outlined in person at immigration. You do this as "possessor". You will need a lease. Your identity page pp. Copy last entry stamp to los. I would also copy tm6 and reentry permit if you have one. From reports you may be fined 800baht so have it with you. File it first same visit as doing the extension. 

Good luck.

your also going to need a signed copy of ur landlords id card & House paper>

seems he does not want pay tax on ur rent..

I feel this might start happening more and more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

your also going to need a signed copy of ur landlords id card & House paper>

seems he does not want pay tax on ur rent..

I feel this might start happening more and more

You sure about needing landlord id and house paper. Because they were not included in couple of reports I have read on TVF.

Perhaps a member might be along to list what they included for tm30 doing as possessor having done it successfully.

The two sections requiring name etc is the same person.

Often the first section would be owner the second section name tenant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, koolaukid said:

I have a rental agreement as well as a hard copy of our conversation on Line where the agent (acting as a go between) has refused to provide necessary documentation and has invited me to move out early.  Immigration has told me we need a copy of their ID or House Registration for the TM30.  Those are the documents they refuse to provide.

 

You could try, I wouldn’t bother, reporting yourself but it’s unlikely to work as they specifically want the Owner/landlord to complete the form.

 

CW seem to be enforcing the law based on its intention which is clearly for a third party to confirm your arrival/stay.

 

If you can’t get CW to accept a report from you, and your landlord won’t budge, I’m afraid you’re out of options and will need to exit and re-enter.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well CW accepted mine and may others report as a possessor, but that was some weeks ago so who knows what changed.

 

I would do it via postal service or send a messenger there and then see if it worked.

Passport, Visa, Visa stamp, rental contract, tm30 form - copies of all that, signed.

To the tm30 division, line messenger works. Postal service takes forever...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Well CW accepted mine and may others report as a possessor, but that was some weeks ago so who knows what changed.

 

I would do it via postal service or send a messenger there and then see if it worked.

Passport, Visa, Visa stamp, rental contract, tm30 form - copies of all that, signed.

To the tm30 division, line messenger works. Postal service takes forever...

 

 

I will also be doing it by mail and including photocopies I listed in my first thread. That post was based on reports of doing exactly that and receiving receipt, all be it 3 weeks later. 

The op does not have that time. Wondering if anyone has gone straight to B line (?) trying to file as possessor then with receipt obtain L ticket for extension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Well CW accepted mine and may others report as a possessor, but that was some weeks ago so who knows what changed.

 

I would do it via postal service or send a messenger there and then see if it worked.

Passport, Visa, Visa stamp, rental contract, tm30 form - copies of all that, signed.

To the tm30 division, line messenger works. Postal service takes forever...

 

 

Submitting the the TM.30 as possessor is likely to be accepted, but that isn’t the issue. When applying for an extension of stay they seem to be wanting a TM.30 completed by the owner, even if one was completed by someone else when you moved in.

 

The reason for the increasing enforcement of TM.30’s stems from security risks, which is why they want the owner to confirm the applicant actually lives at the address given.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Move into a cheap hotel for a few days, do your extension , give a months notice, and move somewhere with an honest landlord.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...