Problem with Landlord and TM30

34 minutes ago, zhangxifu said:

Anybody's opinion is a terrible advice. By experience can we gain knowledge.

What a ridiculous comment. Based on that Thaivisa might as well close down!!

I have stated two known facts and am opining on what is likely to happen based on those facts and my knowledge and experience.

• Haha 1

Yesterday I went down to Cheng Wattana with my lease and passport with departure card.  Made copies of everything and waited for Counter B.  There were about 130 ahead of me and it took about 3 hours but they took my documents and 800 baht and accepted my TM30.  With the receipts they gave me (again had to make copies) went to Desk N and was issued the last 60 days of the visa extension.  So it is accurate that Immigration will allow someone to self register a TM30 without documents from the landlord.  I don't know if I'll ever get used to the way policies and rules are issued and administered here.

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2019 at 8:19 PM, phka said:

You could threaten to report him to the inland revenue 

Might not get your problem sorted but it a good way of getting even make him p... s his pants a bit

Also a good way for you to "fall" off your balcony.

Remember, he has keys to your property. 

On 7/10/2019 at 6:12 PM, zhangxifu said:

The point was that it is common custom to include id and tb in the rental contract. As with out id it's not legally binding. So now you have another reason to ask for these docs, TM30 and make sure you get them while making a rental contract. Or if not available, choose another property, yes. Easy!

Ummm, I think that's what I said.

No documents for a TM30 = no tenant.   

14 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I often agree with you Lever. Not on this one.

Just sideways for a sec. I have been same condo now 7 years. Leaving condo owners aside. I previously never needed tm30 at cw. 

Have made friends this area. Know the cleaning staff, security etc.

I'm perhaps only farang in building. I like it here. 

Your solution is way to simplistic.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I often agree with you Lever. Not on this one.

Just sideways for a sec. I have been same condo now 7 years. Leaving condo owners aside. I previously never needed tm30 at cw. 

Have made friends this area. Know the cleaning staff, security etc.

I'm perhaps only farang in building. I like it here. 

Your solution is way to simplistic.

But will all of that "fly" with immigration?

We are in different times to 7 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

But will all of that "fly" with immigration?

We are in different times to 7 years ago. 

I intend use tm30 report as possessor. Can file myself with only lease and minor other stuff. Do it by mail. Not need anything from owner, well apart from lease which I have.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

I intend use tm30 report as possessor. Can file myself with only lease and minor other stuff. Do it by mail. Not need anything from owner, well apart from lease which I have.

Sure, but is your situation a good example of what the majority are now facing here?

12 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Sure, but is your situation a good example of what the majority are now facing here?

I don't know about majority situation. The TM30 in the main concerns xpats living here. Some in my boat. Some living with their wife of 99 years, living in the sticks. Some own own condo, house etc. Fact is my guess is for VAST majority, moving residence is major gig. If there is an obstacle just drive around it. These suggestions remind me of other posts in threads that talk about move to neighbouring countries due to such crap rules from Thai imm. Some are from guys with Thai partners. Good luck with that.

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

A quick question.

I might not understand this TM30 correct but I thought they wanted to know within 24 hours?

How would that fly if you are sending in TM30 by mail?

5 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

A quick question.

I might not understand this TM30 correct but I thought they wanted to know within 24 hours?

Send it ems. The postal date is on record. You may not receive receipt for 3 weeks (some current posts mention long wait) 

My problem is at most I would only have couple weeks after returning from o/s to attend imm for my extension. I will take with me photocopy of my tm30 that I sent and ems tracking..  Note I will also take money for possible fine for the blood suckers.

5 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

A quick question.

No fine possible. I know of people who send the letter at the airport, immediately after arriving.

Edited by zhangxifu

10 hours ago, Leaver said:
On 7/10/2019 at 3:12 PM, zhangxifu said:

The point was that it is common custom to include id and tb in the rental contract. As with out id it's not legally binding. So now you have another reason to ask for these docs, TM30 and make sure you get them while making a rental contract. Or if not available, choose another property, yes. Easy!

That's right! That's what you said. And that's why I said yes. I also said that this is another new and good reason for everyone to inquire why the copies of ID and TB are not attached with the lease, if the case. To begin with, if you are in any kind of contract without ID copy your contract might be just full of made up data. Please notice I said it might, there is a possibility. Also, when inquired and refused the docs in question, that would be know too, so no confusion.

9 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

A quick question.

The law states 24 hours, but immigration do not, generally, strictly enforce that time frame. Although no doubt it happens on occasion.