Retirement extension (800k) at Prachinburi Imm: new requirements

49 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

How would I know if the money is in a subaccount 01? No "01" in the account number.

I have a fixed Deposit Passbook, and there are different columns.

- Date

- Code

- SUB (This Indicate which subaccount the money is in)

- WITHDrawal

- Deposit

- Balance

- TELLER No

37 minutes ago, Pib said:

Are these subaccounts "fixed savings accounts ", repeat, fixed accounts or just regular current/savings accounts?

It's written Fixed Deposit Passbook. Where you choose something between 3 months and I guess 3 years...

With a Interest rate of 1.2 - 1.8%

Edited by HampiK

You can't add to the existing FD, but you could buy another one of any tenor, usually a 50,000 minimum, and it will be in the same book, and it will show the cumulative balance... Then you could withdraw the 50k the next day, if you really needed too.  Most cops have never had FD, so they are not familiar with the rules.  Getting the interest paid monthly creates a good paper trail, too, but that needs to be established when you buy the FD. 

Edited by moontang

On 7/9/2019 at 7:38 PM, Sheryl said:

Great tip Sophon, Thanks!

Now if any of you could PM me the instruction to do a zero credit transaction written in Thai I'll be evermore in your debt.

For me too, because I am also in this immigration, and I must say that I don't like them very much ...last year I have noticed they were very " pernickety" ; pictures in front of the house, they accept taken with a smartphone and kept in the smartphone ? they still want pictures less than 6 months ? for me, it will be next october ; don't speak of medical insurance ? 

Thanks ; I am always little anxious for the extension in this IO 

I go tomorrow to do my 90 days in Prachinburi, and after, I go and see them to discuss all these things… last year, a statement of my bank ( scb ) for the saving deposit and my FD book were enough, and the map I did myself was enough, too … but they wanted that my girlfriend comes with me ( not for the 90 days, for the extension ) 

middle age immigration, I must say, pity because living here is nice !

10 minutes ago, Aforek said:

Statement for the FD, not saving account 

scb doesn't make update for FD and last year this immigration didn't make any problem, the statement was enough 

Edited by Aforek

12 minutes ago, Aforek said:

I go tomorrow to do my 90 days in Prachinburi, and after, I go and see them to discuss all these things… last year, a statement of my bank ( scb ) for the saving deposit and my FD book were enough, and the map I did myself was enough, too … but they wanted that my girlfriend comes with me ( not for the 90 days, for the extension ) 

middle age immigration, I must say, pity because living here is nice !

Why tell them you have a Thai GF?  Not an immigration issue.  

On 7/10/2019 at 4:44 PM, ignis said:

HSBC you do not even get a Book, you get statements every month, also have to ask them for the letter for Immigration 3 days before you go,  every year the Extension get harder they want a copy of the ATM card, NO do not have one, It is a Fixed Rate = NO ATM card..  They want all 12 months Statements + Copies of and signed !! 

HSBC in Bangkok? It closed to retail business in 2012.

On 7/9/2019 at 6:18 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe next time you'll find a pragmatic IO without the panic

I can imagine the panic being temporary, the change is new nobody wants to make a mistake, all want brownie points for their careers. In a years time it will have died down.

2 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Why tell them you have a Thai GF?  Not an immigration issue.  

Because of TM 30 . they want see her because she is the owner of my house, not because she is my GF; as I told you, they are very complicate ( two years ago it was ok, last year it was almost "horrible ", they spoke much and asked much ) ; the staff changed last year 

2 hours ago, Aforek said:

Because of TM 30 . they want see her because she is the owner of my house, not because she is my GF; as I told you, they are very complicate ( two years ago it was ok, last year it was almost "horrible ", they spoke much and asked much ) ; the staff changed last year 

Have her do the TM 30 and you turn it in.  Why bother her?