BANGKOK 24 July 2019 01:18
snoop1130

Factbox: Trump attacks British ambassador - is U.S.-UK relationship still special?

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I hope not. I've known many Brits that I've liked, even admired, but their political system and culture is about as low as it gets. Not what you could call an egalitarian culture by any means. It's chief industries are money laundering, tax avoidance and dodgy investments sold on commission. It's circling the drain IMO.

The 5th largest economy in the world is primarily based on " money laundering, tax avoidance and dodgy investments sold on commission"? 

As for it not being an egalitarian culture, follow the money:

In a study for which the results were first published in 2009, Wilkinson and Pickett conduct an exhaustive analysis of social mobility in developed countries.[16] In addition to other correlations with negative social outcomes for societies having high inequality, they found a relationship between high social inequality and low social mobility. Of the eight countries studied—Canada, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Germany, the UK and the US, the US had both the highest economic inequality and lowest economic mobility.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_mobility

In other words, when it come the kind of social inequality that matters most, it's USA! USA! USA!

Edited by bristolboy
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Just sitting in a restaurant or sports bar and hearing your voice

It is a fact that the majority of Americans have the tendency to speak very loud in cafés & restaurants. 

This can be for the other customers very annoying/irritating, to the point that some also react in an ungentle way. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

its so 'special' it now travels on the short bus.

Edited by wombat

Looks like Putin will be interfering in the next election to after this spectacularly successful result with president chaos 🤔  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wombat said:

I'm amazed....how can you call this inept ?

Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 11.35.01 AM.png

What did he do to get that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Salerno said:

An internal briefing doesn't need to be diplomatic, it needs to be accurate ... which it was.

And it's saying nothing about Trump and his administration that the world doesn't already know, either from his unintelligent quips.....

"I considered putting Ivanka forward for the World Bank job because she is good with numbers" and in his July 4th speech Trump claimed, “the 1775 revolutionary army 'took over airports'. Duh! (plus many others) or from the leaks and books written by former White House employees.

Suck it up Donald, the world knows you are a dumb clown anyway, so this is nothing new.

Edited by xylophone

1 hour ago, wombat said:

What do you think Trump has done that would make him responsible for this?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, wombat said:

One can always post selective facts to make themselves look good...

first and second point are the same thing, every positive effect has at least one secondary effect.

So wages are going up causes inflation running at 2% so in reality standard of living really only gone up 1%, that is if wage increases were distributed evenly which I suspect not, just a case of the fat cats getting fatter.

Has he done anything to make health care affordable to the poor? or reduced crime? reduced the amount of shootings?

Edited by Basil B

9 minutes ago, Basil B said:

One can always post selective facts to make themselves look good...

first and second point are the same thing, every positive effect has at least one secondary effect.

So wages are going up causes inflation running at 2% so in reality standard of living really only gone up 1%, that is if wage increases were distributed evenly which I suspect not, just a case of the fat cats getting fatter.

Has he done anything to make health care affordable to the poor? or reduced crime? reduced the amount of shootings?

what happen to the promise of infrastructure spending? education, homelessness?    just more spending on weapons.

• Like 2