First batch of medical marijuana oil on its way

snoop1130

First batch of medical marijuana oil on its way

By The Nation

800_6e41118d3b258c0.jpg

An initial batch of 15,000 doses of medical-cannabis oil will be ready for distribution among some registered people in need within the coming month, the Public Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.

Minister Piyasakol Sakolsatayadorn said the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation (GPO) had begun harvesting medical-grade cannabis to use in producing cannabinoid medicines, so doses should be ready as early as the end of this month.

Dr Piyasakol said the GPO would prepare 10,000 drops of cannabis oil to be taken sublingually (under the tongue) and Chaophraya Abhaibhubejhr Hospital another 5,000 doses.

He acknowledged the initial amount was not enough to meet demand and would in fact be entirely distributed among volunteers enrolled in a trial process.

But he promised that production would be expanded in coming phases to ensure an adequate supply.

“In the first phase from July to September, people who have been certified by a doctor as being likely to benefit from cannabis can only get their prescribed medicine at major hospitals in Bangkok and the provincial hospitals,” Piyasakol said.

“In the second phase, starting by April next year, they’ll have access to the medicine at every hospital.”

He said the ministry had meanwhile prepared guidelines for both medical practitioners and recipients to ensure the distribution system is efficient and circumspective and to prevent abuses or inappropriate access.

GPO chairman Dr Sopon Mekthon said his agency planned to expand cultivation by investing in new greenhouses.

“It not only assures larger cannabis yields but also helps reduce production costs by up to eightfold, compared to cultivating in a normal indoor situation,” Sopon said.

“We are now studying the types and specifications of greenhouses suited to intensive cannabis cultivation and expect to start construction next year.”

Sopon noted that the World Health Organisation could drop CBD (major chemical compound cannabidiol) from its list of illicit narcotics next year, which would remove a prohibition on planting specific strains that have CBD as the primary component. Licensed farmers would be able to cultivate these strains, he said.

“If people are allowed to legally plant CBD-rich cannabis, we plan to buy the crops from them on a contractual basis as another way to obtain more cannabis for producing medicine.

“But the GPO will only accept cannabis that meets our medical-grade standards to ensure the safety of our products.”

Sopon said the GPO had already begun cultivating CBD-rich cannabis itself to be ready for the WHO policy change anticipated next year.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30372668

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-09

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He acknowledged the initial amount was not enough to meet demand and would in fact be entirely distributed among volunteers enrolled in a trial process. Wonder if that's the new Government ? any reason why it is pink is that to match the uniforms ?

53 minutes ago, tracker1 said:

He acknowledged the initial amount was not enough to meet demand and would in fact be entirely distributed among volunteers enrolled in a trial process. Wonder if that's the new Government ? any reason why it is pink is that to match the uniforms ?

Purple heads sell the best!Plus it is one of the royal colours.

4 hours ago, tracker1 said:

any reason why it is pink is that to match the uniforms

It looks like its being grown under LED lights that give off a very pinky purple colour light which illuminates the leaves in that pink purple shade .. Turn the lights off and they will be green again .. It is quite bizarre to look at such a change .. 

2 hours ago, Don Chance said:

Ridiculous. The best stuff is grown outdoors. Natural light always wins.

Its grown under lights to speed up the process .. From seed to crop for some strains is 13/14 weeks so in one year it would be possible to grow 4 crops with lights .. Left outside in the natural light you wouldn't achieve that number .. 

A friend (ahem!) brought some seeds back from Lao/LOS to a northern hemisphere country and grew indoors.  It was a sativa, and took app. 12 weeks just for the flowering phase!

IMO it is ridiculous to not use sunlight for growing in the tropics.  Even if they don't want to grow outdoors they can do greenhouses.  The big problem with outdoor growing is the critters and insects, or so I've been told.

32 minutes ago, bendejo said:

IMO it is ridiculous to not use sunlight for growing in the tropics.  Even if they don't want to grow outdoors they can do greenhouses.  The big problem with outdoor growing is the critters and insects, or so I've been told

Yes for sure that is how it has grown before we came along with artificial lighting but growing outside will always take longer .. Under artificial lighting it is possible to flower some strains at a developed stage in 6/7 weeks under a 12/12 regime of twelve hrs light , 12 hrs darkness and even quicker if you are OK with a constantly changing start/finish schedule of 10/10 or ten hrs light , 10 dark .. 

You are correct that growing in Polly tunnels or green houses can be preferable to pure outside but greenhouses and Polly tunnels need to be ventilated also usually with fans as the plants when flowering become quite moist and can start going mouldy if not breezed with free flowing air to prevent it .. 

5 hours ago, bendejo said:

A friend (ahem!) brought some seeds back from Lao/LOS to a northern hemisphere country and grew indoors.  It was a sativa, and took app. 12 weeks just for the flowering phase!

IMO it is ridiculous to not use sunlight for growing in the tropics.  Even if they don't want to grow outdoors they can do greenhouses.  The big problem with outdoor growing is the critters and insects, or so I've been told.

It's not just outside, the cannabis that was growen indoors by the Thai's GOV. Was full on spider mites and power mold, but they are not talking about that!

I got news for you it’s already here. These two bottles of Cannabis drops came from a doctor in North Eastern Thailand. It contains THC as well and it’s better than opioids without the dangerous side effects and without the potential for addiction.

And yes it does make you feel high I never take it outside my house and I would NEVER attempt to drive on it. I can take it for a week if I have to and then go a month without it if I don’t need it without any withdrawal symptoms. Turns out they were right about this stuff all along. But yes it’s already here it’s been here for a while now.

6 hours ago, bendejo said:

The big problem with outdoor growing is the critters and insects, or so I've been told.

Just ask any farmer in Thailand and he will solve that problem for you within hours with a few bottles of chemicals.

Happy smoking ????

What hospitals in or near Pattaya have doctors to certify and offer the oil to patients? 

I don’t think every hospital has it yet but I don’t know that for sure. I do know that it is definitely already in Thailand and available it has been for a while now, because the stuff I acquired from my wife’s sister has a friend who works for a doctor somewhere around here and that’s who she gets it from. It’s not that easy for me to get though, but I’ve already gone through 4 bottles of it just experimenting with it. I might be getting some more tonight or tomorrow if I do I’m gonna just save it for when I need it for my back flare ups because I’m a 100% disabled veteran and I have all kinds of metal in my back holding my back together so this stuff can save me a lot of trips to the hospital just for mild to severe pain. I definitely will need a lot less morphine shots maybe even none at all with this stuff. This stuff will definitely save me a lot of trips to the hospital except I have to pay for this stuff out of pocket because I doubt that my TRICARE would ever cover it, I’m retired military and a 100% disabled veteran. It’s not that easy for me to get but I’m gonna find out from my wife’s sister which doctor around here has it that she’s getting it from so I can get it myself fully legally and registered the right way.

With this stuff there’s not really that much potential for serious addiction if any at all, and it doesn’t give me all the negative side effects that opioids do such as constipation and stomach problems. I’ve tried it and it seems pretty safe and it’s just as good as opioids without all the negative side effects actually I think it’s better than opioids unless you’re seriously injured and need pain control immediately like if you have a bone sticking out or something then you would still need morphine and opioids for something really serious requiring immediate pain control like if you got shot or something. But for chronic severe pain and other chronic aliments such as sleep problems this stuff is an absolute Godsend. Of course it’s not a cure it’s just medicine, and since opioids are used as medicine why not Cannabinoids they’re safe and very effective. Who would have thought that the pot heads were right all along, wow. Image1562760211.691206.thumb.jpg.6206614a60bb09fbec2e57e0c9060285.jpg

16 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

I don’t think every hospital has it yet but I don’t know that for sure. I do know that it is definitely already in Thailand and available it has been for a while now, because the stuff I acquired from my wife’s sister has a friend who works for a doctor somewhere around here and that’s who she gets it from. It’s not that easy for me to get though, but I’ve already gone through 4 bottles of it just experimenting with it. I might be getting some more tonight or tomorrow if I do I’m gonna just save it for when I need it for my back flare ups because I’m a 100% disabled veteran and I have all kinds of metal in my back holding my back together so this stuff can save me a lot of trips to the hospital just for mild to severe pain. I definitely will need a lot less morphine shots maybe even none at all with this stuff. This stuff will definitely save me a lot of trips to the hospital except I have to pay for this stuff out of pocket because I doubt that my TRICARE would ever cover it, I’m retired military and a 100% disabled veteran. It’s not that easy for me to get but I’m gonna find out from my wife’s sister which doctor around here has it that she’s getting it from so I can get it myself fully legally and registered the right way.

With this stuff there’s not really that much potential for serious addiction if any at all, and it doesn’t give me all the negative side effects that opioids do such as constipation and stomach problems. I’ve tried it and it seems pretty safe and it’s just as good as opioids without all the negative side effects actually I think it’s better than opioids unless you’re seriously injured and need pain control immediately like if you have a bone sticking out or something then you would still need morphine and opioids for something really serious requiring immediate pain control like if you got shot or something. But for chronic severe pain and other chronic aliments such as sleep problems this stuff is an absolute Godsend. Of course it’s not a cure it’s just medicine, and since opioids are used as medicine why not Cannabinoids they’re safe and very effective. Who would have thought that the pot heads were right all along, wow. Image1562760211.691206.thumb.jpg.6206614a60bb09fbec2e57e0c9060285.jpg

Not so sure i would post what you just did because it is still illegal to posses it in Thailand.

I was in europe last month and tried CBD oil to help me sleep.It was 10% concentration and it did nothing for me,so much for the weak stuff.

My sister in law found a friend who made his own CBD oil and let me tell ya,this stuff really worked for me.One drop and i slept for 12 hours,i kept taking it while i was there and i really wish i could get it here.I have no idea how strong it is overhere once they leglize it but i hope i can get some of the good stuff.How much are you paying for a bottle?I have had sleeping issues for many years and i know now this stuff helps me sleep.I woke up feeling a little slow but so much better compared to taking sleeping pills.

I can only hope it will be available for us whities also.

Not so sure i would post what you just did because it is still illegal to posses it in Thailand.
I was in europe last month and tried CBD oil to help me sleep.It was 10% concentration and it did nothing for me,so much for the weak stuff.
My sister in law found a friend who made his own CBD oil and let me tell ya,this stuff really worked for me.One drop and i slept for 12 hours,i kept taking it while i was there and i really wish i could get it here.I have no idea how strong it is overhere once they leglize it but i hope i can get some of the good stuff.

Yeah well this stuff I have is very powerful when I take it I don’t leave the house because it’s so strong. I suspect it contains THC but then again I don’t know maybe CBD does make you high I don’t know all that much about Cannabis to be honest as far as the chemical make up. But this stuff makes me very high without the addiction part and other negative side effects. I’m not worried about posting it because technically it was acquired legally but not exactly on the up and up. I’m gonna find out who this doctor is and get it fully legally and registered the right way. So I’ll be within the law. But at least it’s easy to dispose of if I had to get rid of it fast. And I NEVER use it or take it outside my house ever. I can take it for a week or more and then go as long as I want without it and I don’t feel a need for it or any withdrawal symptoms. I was on Codeine for a long time once and when I stopped taking it I went through withdrawal for about a month, with this stuff I don’t have that problem. If I can’t get it I might be a little disappointed but at least I won’t get sick for a month.

My sister in law found a friend who made his own CBD oil and let me tell ya,this stuff really worked for me.One drop and i slept for 12 hours,i kept taking it while i was there and i really wish i could get it here.I have no idea how strong it is overhere once they leglize it but i hope i can get some of the good stuff.How much are you paying for a bottle?I have had sleeping issues for many years and i know now this stuff helps me sleep.I woke up feeling a little slow but so much better compared to taking sleeping pills.

I can only hope it will be available for us whities also.

I don’t know the strength probably just depends on the doctor and who you get it from at what clinic or hospital. And it is much better than sleeping pills and opioids it’s good for multiple problems.

I just talked to my wife’s sister and it looks like I might get some more tomorrow if not no big deal. But next time she gets it I want to go with her and meet this doctor so I can get it myself next time fully legally.

11 hours ago, justin case said:

I would love to import some LEGAL CBD oil from professionals in HOLLAND ... they know what they are doing and growing for decades ... but nohhhhhhhhhhhhh, illegal

here you go,they have a scuffle with the dutch government because of high levels of thc in

their cbd oil.

https://www.suvernuver.org/

Would you share it with someone who doesn't know where to get it ?

If you were talking to me I might share it if I knew you really well and if you lived nearby me and could come to me because I never take the stuff outside my house ever just a precaution. Regardless I can’t get it that easy anyway if I’m very lucky I might be able to get two more bottles tomorrow. But we’ll see I might have to wait another 3 weeks I’ll know tomorrow. But I’m sorry unfortunately I can’t to risky it would be highly illegal if you were talking to me I’m not sure. Although it appears that it’s beginning to start circulating around Thailand either that or I’m just extremely lucky. I’m thinking probably the ladder.

Archived