Switching lights from 3 locations

beddhist

I have wired a few lights with 2 switches, but now I have a location where I need 3 switches. I guess I need a DPDT switch in the middle with SPDT at either end. In Global House even getting a SPDT light switch is not easy. Staff didn't have a clue.

Plan B is push buttons with a latching relay, but that only got us blank looks. When I asked for relays all I got was the usual 'mai mee', even as I pointed at the rows of relays sitting in the display cases behind locked glass.

What is the 'correct' way of doing this and where can I get the bits?

Thanks,

Peter.

Thank you very much. That is very helpful. That diagram is exactly what I had in mind. I managed to download a brochure.

But, where did you find the diagram?

5 hours ago, beddhist said:

Thank you very much. That is very helpful. That diagram is exactly what I had in mind. I managed to download a brochure.

They really are not difficult to find, here is another IMG_7721.GIF.585397c0b6d04c50aa2f7106f66abe7a.GIF

just DAGIS "two way switch connection diagram"

11 hours ago, beddhist said:

When looking for product info always try Google with part number or whatever info you have.

E.g. Google image search results using Panasonic part number for intermediate switch - WEG5004K + diagram

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=937&ei=U10lXajGK5GVwgOm25vIAw&q=weg5004k+diagram

Thank you people. After wading through lots of Thai web sites and a few non-functional online shops I finally ordered the switch. You can tell it's a low-volume item: almost 400B for one.

Archived