UK after brexit...GBP v THAI BAHT

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Yes, this  thread is about Sterling and how it is being and will be further clobbered by no-deal Brexit, but do deflect to the Brexiteer Euro bugbear. Some effort by Hard Brexiteers to console themselves.

The only good thing to come out of this almighty mess is Thai-loving Brexiteers getting hurt by the drop in sterling and their pathetic excuses they bring up rather than the one starting them right in the face. Sadly they tend to be the poorer members here so it hurts them the hardest. But then there's no fool quite like and old Thai Visa fool.....

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Perhaps2more said:

Italy is about to fall over and hard Brexit will hasten it, Spain is more than ready to follow on top of old useless fat Greece while Germany will try to cover the cost and extra cost after the UK has left, more to the point that the German government will have no support left from the neo-nazi and the rest of the Germans. The French government will do the usual sidestep and do what is best for themselves. Marine Le Pen will take over from the school boy Macron. 

And you think Brexit is bad for the UK.  It will rearrange the EU. That is why they are making it very difficult for the UK to get out.

The only good thing about the EU is that they hide their fears and worries well enough while huddle up together going down the the toilet hole.

The Brexiteers wet dream a Europe in Chaos - from fools who have no sense of history other than the front page of Victor when they were nipperss....

Victor

10 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The only good thing to come out of this almighty mess is Thai-loving Brexiteers getting hurt by the drop in sterling and their pathetic excuses they bring up rather than the one starting them right in the face. Sadly they tend to be the poorer members here so it hurts them the hardest. But then there's no fool quite like and old Thai Visa fool.....

A pity that you revel in your imagined misfortune of others. Only to be expected, I suppose.

No and not the point, which is that the Euro and EU could easily implode - Brexit or not.
The point actually is that we are discussing Sterling but the call seems to have gone out in Hard Brexiteer circles to change the subject. Probably because Sterling is a bad subject for Brexiteers to hold any line at all.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The Brexiteers wet dream a Europe in Chaos - from fools who have no sense of history other than the front page of Victor when they were nipperss....

Victor

Was that in a box under your bed or did you skim it off the internet?

4 1/2 old pee! I forgot the Victor was so expensive.

3 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

The point actually is that we are discussing Sterling but the call seems to have gone out in Hard Brexiteer circles to change the subject. Probably because Sterling is a bad subject for Brexiteers to hold any line at all.

The sub-thread within this topic was the Euro and the EU, as you well know.

25 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Although the Baht being strong isnt an excuse, its a fact .

Even before Brexit , it was stated that the Pound was overvalued and needed to be devalued .

The Pound naturally lost some value and the Baht increased in value .

Its also the Brexit uncertainty that has caused investors to lose confidence in the Pound  .

Had the UK left the day after the vote , the Pound would be 99% higher (spoony bomber fact of the day )

26 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Although the Baht being strong isnt an excuse, its a fact .

Even before Brexit , it was stated that the Pound was overvalued and needed to be devalued .

The Pound naturally lost some value and the Baht increased in value .

Its also the Brexit uncertainty that has caused investors to lose confidence in the Pound  .

Had the UK left the day after the vote , the Pound would be 99% higher (spoony bomber fact of the day )

says a random bloke on an obscure expat internet forum site. I promise you revoke A50 and the pound will be 60 baht to the pound by Christmas if the muslims haven't banned it by then. Getting the hang of the BoJo say anything with nothing to back it up policy. ????

46 minutes ago, nauseus said:

A pity that you revel in your imagined misfortune of others. Only to be expected, I suppose.

You can join us in our battle to save you from yourself  - like Peter Oborne before all will be forgiven and with the extra dosh all round I shall buy you a Chang (LARGE ONE MIND) in the spirit of reconciliation. I shall revel in your new found fortune. 

3 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Still waiting for the EU House of Cards to collapse while Sterling does its own slide in anticipation of a no-deal Brexit.

Have you seen Angela Merkel trembled with the thought of Brexit? There is no way hiding the fear. It will come out somehow. Be warned !

34 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I have been told I will get a raise if I can get you to loos at my post 141 and comment about what Herr Issing has to say about the Euro? So help me out? I need the dosh.

Set up a gofundme account 'expat Brexiteer needs help with his self-inflicted ravished pound' . I'm sure Leavers back home will dig deep to help out a fellow Brit batting selflessly away on the internet every day 'for the cause'.......

7 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I promise you revoke A50 and the pound will be 60 baht to the pound by Christmas if the muslims haven't banned it by then. Getting the hang of the BoJo say anything with nothing to back it up policy. ????

Do you really think revoking A50 is the end in itself or the beginning of a riot? The same as a second referendum which might bring a similar result on the reverse and the fight will go on. Nigel Farage will enjoy his even bigger party. Brexit may not be everyone's favourite but at least it's democratic, waiting to be carried out. Unfortunately it has been thwarted by many people who believe their own opinion is more valid than the majority. 

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Not history but right up to date / 9 July 2019

By Dharshini David
Economics correspondent BBC

While it's easy to get distracted by trade wars or Brexit uncertainty, there's a financial iceberg on the horizon that could threaten all our well-being. 
Over the years, Italy's government has built up more than £2 trillion of debt - more than 130% of its annual income, or GDP.
A spending binge in the 1970s and 1980s, together with a host of other factors, has resulted in ... "the third-largest national debt" ... "in the world."
In an exclusive interview with the BBC, the governor of the Bank of Italy agreed his government's debt was too high and needed tackling. 
But Ignazio Visco admitted: "There is uncertainty now on how to deal with it. 
And the markets are making us pay for that."

Not so wet the dream after all?

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Their so called, pathetic excuses, to you, fortunately all of them are within the Democratic process which obviously has been staring you in the face and you didn't know it.

According to you the Thai-loving Brexiteers tend to be the poorer members here. Really? You haven't been to Spain, for sure. Go on widen your horizon, check out Spain. Anyone can go and no need to show your income for long-stay.

57 minutes ago, Perhaps2more said:

Not history but right up to date / 9 July 2019

By Dharshini David
Economics correspondent BBC

While it's easy to get distracted by trade wars or Brexit uncertainty, there's a financial iceberg on the horizon that could threaten all our well-being. 
Over the years, Italy's government has built up more than £2 trillion of debt - more than 130% of its annual income, or GDP.
A spending binge in the 1970s and 1980s, together with a host of other factors, has resulted in ... "the third-largest national debt" ... "in the world."
In an exclusive interview with the BBC, the governor of the Bank of Italy agreed his government's debt was too high and needed tackling. 
But Ignazio Visco admitted: "There is uncertainty now on how to deal with it. 
And the markets are making us pay for that."

Not so wet the dream after all?

Add catastrophic climate change into the mix and we are totally screwed I'm afraid. 

46 minutes ago, Perhaps2more said:

Their so called, pathetic excuses, to you, fortunately all of them are within the Democratic process which obviously has been staring you in the face and you didn't know it.

According to you the Thai-loving Brexiteers tend to be the poorer members here. Really? You haven't been to Spain, for sure. Go on widen your horizon, check out Spain. Anyone can go and no need to show your income for long-stay.

So then, widen your horizons and move to 'er..... Europe. Better do it quick before Sturling lurches down again.

1 hour ago, Perhaps2more said:

Do you really think revoking A50 is the end in itself or the beginning of a riot? The same as a second referendum which might bring a similar result on the reverse and the fight will go on. Nigel Farage will enjoy his even bigger party. Brexit may not be everyone's favourite but at least it's democratic, waiting to be carried out. Unfortunately it has been thwarted by many people who believe their own opinion is more valid than the majority. 

Some Hard Brexiteers like to bang their 'riot' drum. Oo-er.

2 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Set up a gofundme account 'expat Brexiteer needs help with his self-inflicted ravished pound' . I'm sure Leavers back home will dig deep to help out a fellow Brit batting selflessly away on the internet every day 'for the cause'.......

No funds necessary. Bit still waiting for the HK fortune cookie for a response instead.

They are not really that bothered about Brexit causing the drop in Sterling. Slightly embarrassed maybe at having to justify what appears to others as self-inflicted pain. For the Hard Brexiteers the downing of Sterling and any other financial damage is acceptable collateral damage in the greater Nationalist cause. Believe it.

No funds necessary. Bit still waiting for the HK fortune cookie for a response instead.
Issing was against the Euro project. Sterling, as well as a number of other EU members not inside the Euro group. His argument is that higher interest rates will bring undue pressure on the system. Well, we're a long way off that now so the "eventually" crowd can mutter aloud a little longer.

Would that be the same drum remoaners have been banging?
Hardly. Its been the Uber Brexiteer team every time that has been muttering about the threat of physical riots if they don't get their way. Which would be a shame as Hard Brexit failure will produce a bounce in Sterling and more spare cash for travel

8 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Issing was against the Euro project. Sterling, as well as a number of other EU members not inside the Euro group. His argument is that higher interest rates will bring undue pressure on the system. Well, we're a long way off that now so the "eventually" crowd can mutter aloud a little longer.

If he was so against it, why was he one of its chief architects?

Archived