Am I still married?

SenorJorge

50 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

As for me... I just don't marry them anymore.  Not from any country or planet.  I don't like being lied to.  I'd rather lie to myself.

I believe most trust their gf and coming wife to the bitter end, and most just avoid seing the red lamps with their pink glasses on. If I was paranoid about my gf past, or what she do, I could never ever get involved with anyone in Thailand. Mistrust is an ilness that only will grow more by time. 

But as you know most of us have one or two bad relationships before they know whats going on in Thailand, and from there you have two choices, be burnt forever or learn by your mistakes. 

Most girls who get involved with foreigners have a past, and hopefully they learned a lesson on the way to. 

First mistake is to move to fast, have to big holes in the pocket, and believe every single word you hear. Thai lies is true good girls or not, it is a cultural disease, so therefor take the time to learn the girls behaviors, know her friends, and family. 

When the red flags comes up, evaluate the situation, and roll the dices. 

Never invest more in the relationship you can walk away from, never rely your future happiness on anyone in Thailand. 

How can you Know a PI will do his work, and how can you trust anyone, if you do not even trust your girlfriend? If you need an PI, just save the money and walk away. 

I know men got burnt in Thailand and moved on to Phil, and claim everything is better there, and the other way. Some got lost both places, and moved on to Cambodia. Never known anyone tried their luck in Vietnam yet, but China girls rumors, they are the most faithfull ones.

Renting a girl takes an other type of personality than one you want one to share the good and bad times with. Happiness doesnt come by itself, it takes hard work, luck and understanding. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Issan Lawyers suggestion would give you the info you need. You can do a Skype call with Sebastian to get what information you want in an hour or less.

i also had a bad experience marriage here which lasted a year.

but now I am with a good woman which makes every day fun.

So don't write off all women after one bad experience with a blood sucker.

52 minutes ago, Mansell said:

The Issan Lawyers suggestion would give you the info you need. You can do a Skype call with Sebastian to get what information you want in an hour or less.

i also had a bad experience marriage here which lasted a year.

but now I am with a good woman which makes every day fun.

So don't write off all women after one bad experience with a blood sucker.

Thank you.  As I stated before I would rather stay "married" than pay any more money into this thing.  Some of you may be wondering, hey, it sounds like she didn't cost you more than 400,000 baht or so all together.  Chin up, it's no big deal.  Some of us have lost millions of baht.  But this is the second ride I've been taken on, not the first.  She will divorce based on abandonment eventually.  You really think this will be her last circus like Barnum and Bailey? Since I have no plans on returning to thailand, really, I have nothing to worry about.  Thank you brother

17 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

Thank you.  As I stated before I would rather stay "married" than pay any more money into this thing.  Some of you may be wondering, hey, it sounds like she didn't cost you more than 400,000 baht or so all together.  Chin up, it's no big deal.  Some of us have lost millions of baht.  But this is the second ride I've been taken on, not the first.  She will divorce based on abandonment eventually.  You really think this will be her last circus like Barnum and Bailey? Since I have no plans on returning to thailand, really, I have nothing to worry about.  Thank you brother

I guess I have spent around 3,5 million with my gf the last 3 years, and 1,3 million have gone to 4 bikes, and a car, 60 000 a kitchen at her parents house, and 400 000 on land, trees, bungalow etc. The rest we spent on drugs and rockn roll. So basically I have spent a bit more than 500k on her directly. If I am going to built more or buy more land for her, I have two choices, lease the land of her, and own the buildings, or make her go to the bank and ask for a loan. 

Marriage? No! 

If I leave tomorow, I will take my 2 bikes and car, pack it up and leave with no regrets. So I would have lost 

On 7/10/2019 at 1:41 AM, SenorJorge said:

I came here asking for answers to specific regulatory and legal questions.  I know many aren't lawyers, but you have experience with this kind of thing.

fools rush in where angles fear to tread. :cheesy:

11 hours ago, ThaidDown said:

Are you being obtuse?

i wish i could take a stick to you and most of the morons on TV  for getting yourselves in the situations you find your selves in                    whats wrong with you people ?

12 hours ago, johnmell said:

If you are old and well off, and marry a young attractive girl, what the hell do you expect to happen. This is not specific to Thailand, but anywhere in the world.

Anyway good luck mate coz you sound a really nice guy.

Best solution is to keep a gf and never marry ever.

Right now my health isn't even good enough to have a gf.  But if it was, that is what I would get.  I would make it clear from the outset that marriage is off the table.  If she gets too greedy, its much easier to sever ties.

On 7/12/2019 at 12:34 PM, Tagged said:

I guess I have spent around 3,5 million with my gf the last 3 years, and 1,3 million have gone to 4 bikes, and a car, 60 000 a kitchen at her parents house, and 400 000 on land, trees, bungalow etc. The rest we spent on drugs and rockn roll. So basically I have spent a bit more than 500k on her directly. If I am going to built more or buy more land for her, I have two choices, lease the land of her, and own the buildings, or make her go to the bank and ask for a loan. 

Marriage? No! 

If I leave tomorow, I will take my 2 bikes and car, pack it up and leave with no regrets. So I would have lost 

Its cheaper just to to keep them around for a week or two or even longer than that if they don't ask for big things.  The minute the girl asks for upgrades to dad's home or whatever it's time to get out for me and just get a new one.  I'm glad you've avoided marrying this one at least.

12 hours ago, SenorJorge said:

Its cheaper just to to keep them around for a week or two or even longer than that if they don't ask for big things.  The minute the girl asks for upgrades to dad's home or whatever it's time to get out for me and just get a new one.  I'm glad you've avoided marrying this one at least.

One day old men have to realize they are not a kid in a candy store anymore! 

I want one, and only one, It makes me feel better about myself to have one love. 

8 hours ago, Tagged said:

One day old men have to realize they are not a kid in a candy store anymore! 

I want one, and only one, It makes me feel better about myself to have one love. 

That's heartwarming to hear.  I felt the same way once.  I am glad you two are happy.

For the men who know  and realise they are old, unattractive Gollum-like (or even yeti-like creatures) who are only paydays for southeast Asian women it's not a bad attitude to have.  I put myself in this category.

Archived