Win 10_1903 v1 install but now no sound drivers.

steven100

Hi all,

If some here remember I recently installed the Windows 10 English version over my Win10 thai/eng on my AIO computer.

All went well and the install was a success until I noticed my sound is missing. Mute red cross at the speaker icon and the message ' No Audio output device installed '

So when I did the install, I did it without installing all the drivers hence no sound drivers.

Windows 10 did not automatically install the drivers with any update.  Also, I think I accidently deleted/uninstalled my Audio & sound controller setting in Device manager as they are not shown.

Any help or suggestions …. I've looked everywhere but no luck.  Should I try installing all Nvidia drivers ? but I'm worried my Win10 may crash if I do that.

I tried driver booster, and all it did was kill my wifi …. so I uninstalled that. 

I need a good clean link with all Win 10 drivers so I can install.

Try  windows update , or run the Windows troubleshooter , I have iobit driver booster installed and that keeps a good eye on driver updates all around .But win. 10 update could do the trick too 

31 minutes ago, david555 said:

Try  windows update , or run the Windows troubleshooter , I have iobit driver booster installed and that keeps a good eye on driver updates all around .But win. 10 update could do the trick too 

Tried windows update 15 times, also troubleshooter, as I mentioned Driver booster deleted my WiFi so I soon removed it. I see that many users have experienced this problem but I just cannot find the solution.

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Tried windows update 15 times, also troubleshooter, as I mentioned Driver booster deleted my WiFi so I soon removed it. I see that many users have experienced this problem but I just cannot find the solution.

Seems so as a whole  google page with similar problems & solutions https://www.google.be/search?lr=&hl=nl-TH&as_qdr=all&q=windows+10+no+sound+after+update&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjlxJ7DjqnjAhXZfysKHZ4KDd8Q1QIoAHoECAoQAQ&biw=1366&bih=655

OP, is AIO the actual brand or how you descride yor computer ? Suggest going to the manufacturers website and getting drivers as they will be specific for the hardware.

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, is AIO the actual brand or how you descride yor computer ? Suggest going to the manufacturers website and getting drivers as they will be specific for the hardware.

Just the description ..AIO all-in-one computer. Brand is Storm. I will do some searching on that.

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Just the description ..AIO all-in-one computer. Brand is Storm. I will do some searching on that.

Storm sounds like a generic branding. Try and work out the Motherboard manufacturer (gigabyte etc), or the sound device manufacture (realtek etc) and go to their webites for drivers.

Windows will only find generic drivers and it sounds like you need the specific drivers for your hardware.

Not sure why you would be playing around with Nvidia (video) drivers to fix a sound problem.

11 minutes ago, steven100 said:

one is here already , some a bit higher specs....look nice and wireless keyboard but low memory for win 10 , as my assus 4 gb start struggling with it after 1903 , eating memory whatever I cleaned and did already , so , up to 8 gb …., after all the sales must go on for those PC software /hardware farmers ...

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/storm-all-in-one-24ghz-i281114469-s455582270.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.51886babip455Z&search=1

23 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Don't install nonsense such as Driver Booster etc. They can often link you to the wrong Driver and mess up your system.

up to now I never had problem with it , but depends if you have common brand components I think

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Hi Jamjar, now I have these files on the desktop … 

image.png.3e54197b62a8fd7bbc73d73ab7778fad.png

Is there a question?

Have you checked which Driver is missing via the Hardware ID method. When you do so, you'll know which of the Drivers in the MEDIA folder is the missing sound driver.

So once again, check which Drivers are missing via the Device Manager using the Hardward ID and perhaps Google and then find it in one of the folders that you now have at your disposal.

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

up to now I never had problem with it , but depends if you have common brand components I think

They too use Hardware ID to search for compatible Drivers. but sometimes offering a proprietary Driver that will crash your device. For example a Driver specifically designed for a Lenovo device.

If you have a bit of knowledge you can avoid installing the wrong Driver. But a novice can get caught out.

2 minutes ago, JamJar said:

They too use Hardware ID to search for compatible Drivers. but sometimes offering a proprietary Driver that will crash your device. For example a Driver specifically designed for a Lenovo device.

If you have a bit of knowledge you can avoid installing the wrong Driver. But a novice can get caught out.

That is why driver booster advice to make a driver restore point ( copy of the removing driver ) in their option menu

10 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Is there a question?

Have you checked which Driver is missing via the Hardware ID method. When you do so, you'll know which of the Drivers in the MEDIA folder is the missing sound driver.

So once again, check which Drivers are missing via the Device Manager using the Hardward ID and perhaps Google and then find it in one of the folders that you now have at your disposal.

how do I install the drivers from just a file folder …. no .exe   ???

7 hours ago, david555 said:

That is why driver booster advice to make a driver restore point ( copy of the removing driver ) in their option menu

dump driver booster david if you have any sense please....:wai:

10 minutes ago, steven100 said:

how do I install the drivers from just a file folder …. no .exe   ???

Device Manager > Right click on Update Driver and then choose to update the Driver from a particular location and change the path to the folder containing the Driver without .exe...then continue. It will install the Driver.

4 minutes ago, petermik said:

I think it wise to avoid any and all software with the word "Booster" in it, lol

14 minutes ago, petermik said:

I shall follow that sound advice at first moment it gives me problem .....which it didn't in 3 years using it besides the other iobit software ....... If Trumps NSA fears the Chinese software it must be good one ...:cheesy:

21 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Et voila!

Yahoo   !!!!  success  !!  I finally just clicked on the Storm file and it found the Realtek SST and installed it …. at first I was looking for the actual subfile …. which was a headache.   

41 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Device Manager > Right click on Update Driver and then choose to update the Driver from a particular location and change the path to the folder containing the Driver without .exe...then continue. It will install the Driver.

and Jamjar,  I also clicked on all the Yellow Triangle one's ( Multimedia etc .. ) and then just click on the Storm file and it finds the actual needed driver so I cleared ALL my Yellow ones.  

YAHOO  !!  way to go baby  !!!  lol  thanks everyone   !!!

11 minutes ago, steven100 said:

and Jamjar,  I also clicked on all the Yellow Triangle one's ( Multimedia etc .. ) and then just click on the Storm file and it finds the actual needed driver so I cleared ALL my Yellow ones.  

YAHOO  !!  way to go baby  !!!  lol  thanks everyone   !!!

Keep the Storm AIO Driver_Win10 folder tucked away safely, for future upgrades and installs.  On a separate drive/DVD/USB thumb drive. ????

2 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Keep the Storm AIO Driver_Win10 folder tucked away safely, for future upgrades and installs.  On a separate drive/DVD/USB thumb drive. ????

More safer even if your system is in perfect working order make a system image on a separate drive , after any big disturbance or crash you are in an hour back in working order as before 

30 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Yahoo   !!!!  success  !!  I finally just clicked on the Storm file and it found the Realtek SST and installed it …. at first I was looking for the actual subfile …. which was a headache.   

Yes, it will search for it within the folder, if you point it to the folder.

But if you know for which file you are looking it will be slightly quicker, but speed is not of the essence in this case. ???? I guess you didn't find it immediately as certain extensions are hidden by default.

What is important is that you can do it by yourself. So no need for you to depend on the whims of a local 'technician'.

Archived