No money to pay short overstay in airport - what will happen?

4 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Someone suggested that Immigration charge people for taking them to the airport from immigration prison, not sure if that's true.

According to a poster in another thread running currently, this charge is around 1000 baht. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lancashirelad said:

If the guy in question is communicating with Alfredo's GF by messenger we should by now know the outcome of his attempt to leave Thailand.

Yes, many people are waiting with bated breath after last night's cliffhanger... 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, sotonowl said:

Firstly Alfredo, please accept my apologies for a juvenile post I wrote earlier which Ubon Joe had the good sense to delete. I assumed, obviously wrongly that you are speaking about yourself being the overstayer, I now see the error of my ways.

Best thing for you my friend is for him not to find the money, gets thrown in the slammer, eventually gets some dosh from where ever and gets a 5 year ban.

If he does gets thrown into nick, bombard the authorities with all the evidence you have especially the Lese Majeste and make it plain to the officers you'll go above their heads if they don't take action.

I'd personally do things differently in respect of a cheating wife, but you're a grown man and make your own decisions.

Good luck. 

ANSWER AND UPDATE

Yes the culprit was stopped at the Airport Passport control or at check inn ? without sufficient funds to pay the overstay

- and as it seems could go back into the Airport and look for money - he wrote then, he "found"  3.000 Baht in Airport - possibly he asked passengers for that amount but missed his flight and had to wait until his Airline - 3 hours ? before take off - opened their counter - he wanted change of ticket but was told - new one necessary - but as he has no money - a problem - maybe parents now alert help out?

All still in progress - looks like he can move freely around - and even could go back to Bangkok or Jomtien - we will see. 

Regarding cheating Gf, on one hand I cheated on all my women in my life and so I a bit more understanding - on the other hand - the old saying - you can take a woman out of the Bar - but cannot take the Bar out of her. 

So - no money with me anymore and in that way all started to go wrong ????

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Who in their right mind would agree to fighting a nut job with no money on the beach, the prize being if they don't get beaten up, they don't have to pay? Sounds like he's putting a good spin on a mugging. 

He wrote that - anyway he possibly found maybe some drunk young man Falang or Thai and showed them his 1.000 Baht banknote, they could win - so both placed their banknotes - and the "fun" starts ????????

6 hours ago, Lancashirelad said:

If the guy in question is communicating with Alfredo's GF by messenger we should by now know the outcome of his attempt to leave Thailand.

UPDATE -

Yes the culprit was stopped at the Airport Passport control or at check inn ? without sufficient funds to pay the overstay

- and as it seems could go back into the Airport and look for money - he wrote then, he "found"  3.000 Baht in Airport - possibly he asked passengers for that amount but missed his flight at 2 AM and had to wait until his Airline - 3 hours ? before take off of next flight 17:20  - opened their counter - he wanted change of ticket but was told - new one necessary - but as he has no money - a problem - maybe parents now alert help out?

All still in progress - looks like he can move freely around - and even could go back to Bangkok or Jomtien - we will see. 

Edited by ALFREDO
  • Confused 1

UPDATE

As the culprit now writes, he is back into Pattaya or Jomtien, with the rest? of the 3.000 Baht he possibly begged on Airport and starts new life from 0 as an OVER STAYER, so he mentioned. ????

37 minutes ago, ALFREDO said:

As the culprit now writes, he is back into Pattaya or Jomtien, with the rest? of the 3.000 Baht he possibly begged on Airport and starts new life from 0 as an OVER STAYER, so he mentioned. ????

Thanks for the updates - it's quite a riveting story, and probably therapeutic to get it off your chest too. 

I'd guess he needs the 3k to get accommodation, though he'd be lucky to get booked in anywhere at all while on overstay, given the recent crackdown on reporting requirement for hotels. Unless he can now come up with a much higher level of cash (3k will be gone in as many days), he's really in a far worse fix than before now, as his overstay is going up at 500 a day, he's got living expenses, and he's now got no flight. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

I'd guess he needs the 3k to get accommodation, though he'd be lucky to get booked in anywhere at all while on overstay, given the recent crackdown on reporting requirement for hotels. Unless he can now come up with a much higher level of cash (3k will be gone in as many days), he's really in a far worse fix than before now, as his overstay is going up at 500 a day, he's got living expenses, and he's now got no flight. 

Maybe his parents help out - if he goes to Bangkok or Jomtien where he knows some people they could probably rent a room for him with their ID - waiting for money and a cheap flight opportunity 

He should go to his countries embassy (if there are really no relatives, friends to help out) - from what I know (European countries, but surely other developed countries too?) they loan you the money for a ticket home - at home he gets social welfare for the time until he finds work again.

• Like 1

He would be very foolish to stay anywhere (hotel, guesthouse etc.) not only because he has so little money but because police and reporting regulations would catch him immediately. Luckily he is in a warm country. Whatever happened to him (did not get the whole thread) it is time to get home and start life again.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 12:29 PM, cerox said:

He should go to his countries embassy (if there are really no relatives, friends to help out) - from what I know (European countries, but surely other developed countries too?) they loan you the money for a ticket home - at home he gets social welfare for the time until he finds work again.

You are right -

Update -

latest I heard and read,

he got Ticket for flight home - possibly on 16.7. - flight with cheaper price and he got the necessary overstay money for that flight - from him parents - meanwhile he traveled back to Jomtien where he tries to survive until his flight.

Surprising for me - that that can happen in that way - but I do not know if he was denied from check in without sufficient funds for fine or sent back from the Immigration to look himself for the fine money on 11.7. late in night.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New information - I hear, never ending story -

the young man tries again to get some money from him Bank in his home country and - tries to get a higher loan and is soon on the way back into Thailand - 

If so - sure to meet my Gf - Ex? Gf 

????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ALFREDO said:

the young man tries again to get some money from him Bank in his home country and - tries to get a higher loan and is soon on the way back into Thailand - 

????

You are quite obsessed over this whole situation, aren't you?  Let him be! If he wants to come back, so be it! If your G/F wants to be with him, let her. She's not your possession...It doesn't matter if she is the mother of your children. Let her go. And you?/ You move on with your life, too!

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 12:38 PM, ALFREDO said:

????

Flying back in on a visa exempt or tourist visa so soon after an overstay... perhaps he'll be denied entry for not fitting immigration's definition of a tourist.

• Like 1