BANGKOK 24 July 2019 00:34
ALFREDO

No money to pay short overstay in airport - what will happen?

He would be very foolish to stay anywhere (hotel, guesthouse etc.) not only because he has so little money but because police and reporting regulations would catch him immediately. Luckily he is in a warm country. Whatever happened to him (did not get the whole thread) it is time to get home and start life again.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 12:29 PM, cerox said:

He should go to his countries embassy (if there are really no relatives, friends to help out) - from what I know (European countries, but surely other developed countries too?) they loan you the money for a ticket home - at home he gets social welfare for the time until he finds work again.

You are right -

Update -

latest I heard and read,

he got Ticket for flight home - possibly on 16.7. - flight with cheaper price and he got the necessary overstay money for that flight - from him parents - meanwhile he traveled back to Jomtien where he tries to survive until his flight.

Surprising for me - that that can happen in that way - but I do not know if he was denied from check in without sufficient funds for fine or sent back from the Immigration to look himself for the fine money on 11.7. late in night.

• Like 1