No money to pay short overstay in airport - what will happen?

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:
8 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Why don't you pony up and give him some money. 

You can do it!

Seems they aren't close enough friends for him to do that...

Close enough or it matters enough to the Op to start a thread about it... thus, pony up and help him out... Its the only decent suggestion. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Totally foolish and irresponsible, I expect they will detain him until he pays. How can he travel without a cc? he will have to borrow the money or sell something, it's only 2.5k baht.

this is exactly why thai immigration are making tougher requirements---to weed out the dummies like this, who have in sufficient funds...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Totally foolish and irresponsible, I expect they will detain him until he pays. How can he travel without a cc? he will have to borrow the money or sell something, it's only 2.5k baht.

He has used up all possibilities and maybe he not pays enough attention what will happen in airport then without money 

2 minutes ago, ALFREDO said:

He has used up all possibilities and maybe he not pays enough attention what will happen in airport then without money 

As wrote before he will not get past immigration with having enough money to pay the fine.

Since it is a short overstay they might turn him away and tell him to get the money and try again. Or they could send him to detention until he has the money.

He should not even try to leave without having the funds to pay for the overstay.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

If he doesn't come up with the money it'll be jail until he can, plus finally an expensive new flight out to his home country. For him to beg borrow or steal 2-2500 baht will be extremely small potatoes in comparison. 

Yes - he already picks fights in night in Pattaya on beach for money to survive lat days - he said he won always and could by food - but no funds for overstay 

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

How is he going to even get to the airport without any money ?

regards Worgeordie

With bus - but there is no more money left for the overstay payment at all 

9 hours ago, HampiK said:

What is strange in my eyes, that he can run out of money (or he lost all his money, which would not be the same)!

Then his flight he can change dates? or he actually intend to overstay. Of course he Intend, how else the flight can not be invalid now?

Now he should find very fast some money for pay the fine and the transport to Airport.

He took that flight dates as they hsf been the cheapest I think - he is a Hashish - pott smoker and a drunk - and he gave the money - away to fast 

9 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Why don't you pony up and give him some money. 

You can do it!

Sorry - he is not my friend - he is the opposite - here the story to that guy 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ALFREDO said:

He took that flight dates as they hsf been the cheapest I think - he is a Hashish - pott smoker and a drunk - and he gave the money - away to fast 

Mean his intention was to overstany a few days from the begining.

Then (even a stupid decision) should put away the money for the overstay and the bus to bangkok airport from the begining!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

He would be extremely ill advised to even try to catch that flight without the overstay fine money, because quite simply, he will not be allowed on the plane and will probably lose the ticket, meaning he will then have to buy a new one. He will be prosecuted for overstay and given a number of days in prison and then go to IDC where he will stay until he can come up with a new ticket, plus the 3,000 Baht they charge to transport you to the airport. Cheaper and easier to find the 2,500 for the overstay first.

Thank you - he is not my friend - he is my enemy - I will let the story run its course - if the outcome is same you say - makes me not sorry lol 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Seth1a2a said:

Or to his home from his own airport  ?

The same person(s) he would call for help over there are there right now. Too embarrassed to admit

it to a friend or relative but gladly ask a stranger or new acquaintance ?

Does anyone know if an embassy would front him this type of money?  

He not cares - he think they will overlook the short overstay and let him go threw to the flight 

Seems to me that this guy's overstay fine is the least of his worries. If he fails to pay the fine and is detained, he will miss his flight and have to buy another ticket - much more than a 2500 fine.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, darrendsd said:

A freind of mine was on a very long overstay - he kew the fine was going to be 20k but he only had 10k - he went with that hoping for the best

The I/O told him to come back when he had the full amount - obviously he lost his flight

They let him go - so they let him stay illegal in the country - maybe Immigration not sees him again for years to come - crazy 

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He needs to find the 2500 baht to pay the overstay fine if it is a 5 day overstay. He will not be allowed to get past immigration if he does not have it.

Thank you ubonjoe 

8 hours ago, newatthis said:

As per the advice above, give him the money and ensure he gets on his way.

Peace of mind for you and him.

Sorry no - no help from me - he is my enemy lol 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

He would be extremely ill advised to even try to catch that flight without the overstay fine money, because quite simply, he will not be allowed on the plane and will probably lose the ticket, meaning he will then have to buy a new one. He will be prosecuted for overstay and given a number of days in prison and then go to IDC where he will stay until he can come up with a new ticket, plus the 3,000 Baht they charge to transport you to the airport. Cheaper and easier to find the 2,500 for the overstay first.

"he will not be allowed on the plane and will probably lose the ticket, meaning he will then have to buy a new one"

Also meaning at the last minute the gate staff / airline staff will search everywhere trying to find him, and they won't find him also meaning any check-in bags will have to be removed from the big cargo bins already on the aircraft, also meaning for some aircraft have to set up large equipment at the side of the aircraft to get access to each bin, then reload them into the cargo hold, and the airline has to pay a hefty fine for leaving the aircraft parking bay late, and some airlines demand the late passenger pay these fees, and at some airports / for some airlines if the same passenger does this a second time they are fined even much more.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, ALFREDO said:

Thank you - he is not my friend - he is my enemy - I will let the story run its course - if the outcome is same you say - makes me not sorry lol 

Quite a story in the thread you linked to. With the marijuana, public fighting, death threats and overstay, I'd guess it's just a question of which one of those things gets him banged up first. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Seth1a2a said:

ALFREDO

Please, Do me a favor and check for the message I sent at the top right of the forum page . 

Screenshot 2019-07-09 at 8.05.28 PM.png

I did - but you made the wrong conclusions