No money to pay short overstay in airport - what will happen?

7 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Surely he must have a family or friends bacck home who could transfer (WU or similar) the small amount of 2500baht to him.

Seems he is just careless and does not inform himself of possible consequences

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP has replied nothing. Can't even see point of thread as (if true) he has only 1 option and that's been pointed out many times above. Just to add I have seen a scam first hand twice. Not a story from friend of friend. Both times in soi 4. The pitch was exactly this guys (op friend) situation. The amount also similar. Not too much to make it too difficult to assist. Anyway this Canadian guy gave the con man few k. The con man was still in bkk weeks later. 

That story is true - I know from first hand as my Gf is in steady contact with him - I hear - read all conversation -

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, helloagain said:

I hope dont pay cant leave. Then he also needs money for new flight. I hope

I not care if he can leave - or not - but I hope they not let him with overstay go back inside Thailand now - until he comes up with the cash for the fine 

4 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Many Credit Card companies will not send replacement cards to Thailand so after a while they might have expired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing in his home country account either - and no cards for ATM at all - brought cash - but was not enough for him for s month + 4 - 5 days overstay 

3 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Who cares what will happen to him. Or if you have his phone number/email address then contact him and ask him the next day what happened to him.

I care - and my Gf who cares him  lot lol - she will tell me what the outcome was - soon or later lol 

3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

A real hero a fighter spending all his money on much more important things. Only now have this small immigration problem..

Just go customs make some Wais there is always a chance you make it back home.

Can it be so easy ?  Really? 

3 hours ago, Lipoman said:

If this story is a scam, don't give the person money. 

If this story is true, don't give this person money. 

It's their fault for failing to have some money on their person - especially if there was a chance of an overstay. 

The person gets what he or she deserves from the Thai Authorities. 

My opinion too - also I have more reasons to have that opinion - lol 

3 hours ago, Happyman108 said:

Quality tourist ! Best kind of tourist Thailand can ask for......stay as long as he can and spend every single cents to help Thai economy. Sure is not one of those Chinese tourist.

You right - he is from an Ex Communist Eastern European country 

3 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

I suppose he could say pay when I return officer.somehow I think that would not work at passport control.

My Gf thinks that would work for him lol 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ALFREDO said:

I care - and my Gf who cares him  lot lol - she will tell me what the outcome was - soon or later lol 

Does not sound like she is your girlfriend - lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rwill said:

As has been mentioned.  If he has no money how does he get to the Airport?  How does he get home once he reaches his country?  Has he not been eating?  Etc...

SCAM

With Bus to airport - small money - in home country go with train - small money - 

Eating - he ate, eats cheap 

He has possibly some home currency enough for his train ride in home country in his pocket - but I believe that is less then the overstay fine. 

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have just removed a another post accusing the OP of being the one with a overstay.

Have a look at his profile and you will see has been a member for almost 11 years.

image.png.56ff7c7daa32057a098803fcebea666c.png

He has a family here which can be confirmed if you were to read some of his recent posts.

Thank you very much -ubonjoe- 

2 hours ago, natway09 said:

I notice that you did not call him a mate or a buddy. He must be an idiot anyway

Give him 3,000 Bht or why do you care ?

I just curious - what will happen - he is my Gf's lover - I not care if he runs in problems 

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Close enough or it matters enough to the Op to start a thread about it... thus, pony up and help him out... Its the only decent suggestion. 

Lol he is my Gf's lover - I not care what happens to him - just was curious what will or can happen to him - 

Just hear he should have some of his home countries currency in his pocket for his train fare in his fatherland - unsure if that is enough to pay the overstay fine. 

As wrote before he will not get past immigration with having enough money to pay the fine.

Since it is a short overstay they might turn him away and tell him to get the money and try again. Or they could send him to detention until he has the money.

He should not even try to leave without having the funds to pay for the overstay.

Oh - they really let people go away and try to get money?

Good possibility he goes in

-underground- and hiding then and I have more problems with him - as my Gf likes him - OMG  

2 hours ago, Captain 776 said:

Geeeee let me guess what country he is from.....lolol

He will go to Immigration Detention guaranteed.

If you think they are just going to say OK go ahead return home.....,you are dreaming.

As wrote before he will not get past immigration with having enough money to pay the fine.

Since it is a short overstay they might turn him away and tell him to get the money and try again.

Or they could send him to detention until he has the money.

He is from a Ex Communist Eastern European Country -

I would not like the possibility that he can go back into Thailand to look for the money -

brings problems for me -

crazy if they Immigration allows that -

if he could come up with that money he has to pay he would not go there without it. 

Edited by ALFREDO

2 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Take his watch and phone, give him an asskick and 3000 baht and send him to the airport.

He sold phone already - no watch I think - and he is the opposite of my friend - so nothing from me here 

2 hours ago, HampiK said:

Mean his intention was to overstany a few days from the begining.

Then (even a stupid decision) should put away the money for the obverstay and the bus to bangkok airport from the begining!

Right - but people with addiction - special to alcohol stop to think logical. 

2 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Well, then - do nothing but keep us updated, we like entertainment.

If you are lucky your problems with him will be solved soon...

OK - but I not sure as -ubonjoe- mentioned - the Immigration could let him go back to Thailand and let him look for the sum of the fine - OH 

2 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Quite a story in the thread you linked to. With the marijuana, public fighting, death threats and overstay, I'd guess it's just a question of which one of those things gets him banged up first. 

I think - the Thai Authorities are not alert enough to follow up some obvious things - 

I have proof that he even made a Facebook messenger -lese Majesty- comment and showed that to Tourist Police officers sent that to 5 or 6 different Tourist offices - headquarter and Immigration offices - nothing happened. 

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Yep! It´s always: A friend I know.......If it really was a friend that fad this little problem, even if it is stupid. Why don´t you help your "friend"?

No - I wrote "A man I know"

This man - see link - is not my friend 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1