BANGKOK 24 July 2019 00:32
ALFREDO

No money to pay short overstay in airport - what will happen?

Do not travel if you can't take care of yourself and can't make the flight on right day to avoid overstays

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

As has been mentioned.  If he has no money how does he get to the Airport?  How does he get home once he reaches his country?  Has he not been eating?  Etc...

SCAM

I notice that you did not call him a mate or a buddy. He must be an idiot anyway

Give him 3,000 Bht or why do you care ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:
8 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Why don't you pony up and give him some money. 

You can do it!

Seems they aren't close enough friends for him to do that...

Close enough or it matters enough to the Op to start a thread about it... thus, pony up and help him out... Its the only decent suggestion. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Totally foolish and irresponsible, I expect they will detain him until he pays. How can he travel without a cc? he will have to borrow the money or sell something, it's only 2.5k baht.

this is exactly why thai immigration are making tougher requirements---to weed out the dummies like this, who have in sufficient funds...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Totally foolish and irresponsible, I expect they will detain him until he pays. How can he travel without a cc? he will have to borrow the money or sell something, it's only 2.5k baht.

He has used up all possibilities and maybe he not pays enough attention what will happen in airport then without money 

2 minutes ago, ALFREDO said:

He has used up all possibilities and maybe he not pays enough attention what will happen in airport then without money 

As wrote before he will not get past immigration with having enough money to pay the fine.

Since it is a short overstay they might turn him away and tell him to get the money and try again. Or they could send him to detention until he has the money.

He should not even try to leave without having the funds to pay for the overstay.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

If he doesn't come up with the money it'll be jail until he can, plus finally an expensive new flight out to his home country. For him to beg borrow or steal 2-2500 baht will be extremely small potatoes in comparison. 

Yes - he already picks fights in night in Pattaya on beach for money to survive lat days - he said he won always and could by food - but no funds for overstay 

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

How is he going to even get to the airport without any money ?

regards Worgeordie

With bus - but there is no more money left for the overstay payment at all 

Take his watch and phone, give him an asskick and 3000 baht and send him to the airport.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, HampiK said:

What is strange in my eyes, that he can run out of money (or he lost all his money, which would not be the same)!

Then his flight he can change dates? or he actually intend to overstay. Of course he Intend, how else the flight can not be invalid now?

Now he should find very fast some money for pay the fine and the transport to Airport.

He took that flight dates as they hsf been the cheapest I think - he is a Hashish - pott smoker and a drunk - and he gave the money - away to fast 

9 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Why don't you pony up and give him some money. 

You can do it!

Sorry - he is not my friend - he is the opposite - here the story to that guy 

• Haha 2

Sounds like he needs a few more bouts.  

• Haha 1