Do any farang eat the coagulated blood?

moontang

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't usually eat no blood but if some pops up in me bowl of kweiteo there's usually someone at the table that'll take it offa me... they mash it up real good with some rice and bean sprouts...

'youse gwine eat that blood white man?' 'hadn't thought of it, they run outta muu daeng today?'

47 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

Blood carries all sorts of diseases.  What animals is the coagulated blood from ?  Nobody knows !  I never eat the stuff.

Mean you not eat meat at all... or only eat them hard cook? As else there would be blood as well

I've eaten fresh blutwurst in Germany and it was a little too "rich" for my taste.

The "blood" they serve with some dishes here doesn't appeal to me either. I've tried it a few times and the taste, to me, is kind of "blah", like funny tasting tofu. Maybe mushed up with something else would be better than eating just clumps of dubious looking gelatinous goo.

I would also assume it is most likely pig blood as well. I don't think they drain the blood from chickens (which would take way too long for too little return) but you get quite a bit, quite quickly, from every hog slaughtered.

(Makes me wonder. If it is pig blood, does the general populace know that ? Could cause quite the uproar among a certain demographic if so !)

Of course, black pudding is made of blood.
In North Africa, the roumis (or white)
  very well integrated, as well as the Arabs, ate freshly slaughtered chicken blood and mutton.
Excellent, once cooked in a pan and very good for health.

Yep, Barnsley Black pudding, excellent part of a full English breakfast.

( Though I do know there is a sort of trade war with Scotland over whose recipe is original ).

What I find most amusing is the Wife says "How can you eat that, it looks disgusting", while at the same time she will dive into a bowl of crickets, beetles, and moth Larvae. washed down with frog soup......:w00t:

18 hours ago, moontang said:

I always found it to be quite disgusting, and wondered why they even bother serving it to farang.

As you can read above, there are many things from different countries that can be compared to what you call disgusting. I take for granted that you do not eat anything out of those things too?

The reason they serve it to all people, foreigners and Thais as well as all other nationalities is that people like different things in life. Some are gay and some are hetero, but if you call either of them disgusting, then you´re in a world of problem.

45 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Yep, Barnsley Black pudding, excellent part of a full English breakfast.

( Though I do know there is a sort of trade war with Scotland over whose recipe is original ).

What I find most amusing is the Wife says "How can you eat that, it looks disgusting", while at the same time she will dive into a bowl of crickets, beetles, and moth Larvae. washed down with frog soup......:w00t:

Re' the Jock verses Sasenach thing ????. It could been either from what I've read on it.

Maybe started with the herders taking cattle long distances, days/weeks to market.

Basic diet for them likely to be oats etc, porridge/gruel, so at night they would bleed one of the cattle and mix with the porridge/gruel stick it in a skin bag and next morning cook chunks of it over a fire.

Hey Presto 'black pudding' protein on a plate.

It might even have started further back than that, who knows.

images (31).jpeg

Everybody eat it in SWEDEN, because it's cheap. They don't want to spend money for food, than look at them how they look like when they get old. 5 billion people in the world never touch blood. Even when they kill an animal they let the blood run out, they are Jews, Muslims and some other religions too. People in Scotland are famous to be greedy , it goes for the Swedes too. YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT. That is correct.

Archived