Do any farang eat the coagulated blood?

moontang

2 hours ago, stephehr said:

Why would you use Do any farang eat the coagulated blood? This is very impolite for another person to say You should say does anyone eat  Maybe you don't know how to use wording

The third person on my ignore list. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ok with black pudding in small portions, but always found the congealed pig's blood in khanom chin pretty unpleasant here, both in taste and texture. I've eaten it and not got sick, but as with the chicken's feet, I'd rather pass. 

1 hour ago, Cereal said:

I eat neither raw blood nor vital organs. It's disgusting. Raw blood is also fraught with potential disease and bacteria.

Yeah, considering bumrungrad has difficulties screening blood for transfusions.. what the heck are they doing with room temp pigs blood. 

5 hours ago, sirocco said:

Of course, black pudding is made of blood.
In North Africa, the roumis (or white)
  very well integrated, as well as the Arabs, ate freshly slaughtered chicken blood and mutton.
Excellent, once cooked in a pan and very good for health.

Drink it raw.... more healthier.... But more disgusting 

56 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

....because red meat is related to get cancer.... You didn't know that? 

Everything is related to cancer! Did you know that? We are born omnivorous...did you know that? ????????

Yes, I eat it with noodles and chicken's blood with steamed chicken with rice. Maybe once a year or so I will also eat raw beef salad with fresh blood. Love the taste but am a bit wary of parasites. 

spicy-raw-beef-and-blood-salad.jpg

On 7/10/2019 at 9:12 AM, moontang said:

...wondered why they even bother serving it to farang.  What are your experiences with it?

Common dish in my Scandinavian home country, had it regularly as child. I probably got enough, as today I don't eat it.

I quite like the congealed blood in some soups or noodle dishes (especially duck noodles).  Also, many (most?) noodles stalls add fresh blood to make the soup richer & darker if requested... which I much prefer.

I use fresh (pork) blood with oatmeal, breadcrumbs, lumps of pork fat, and a secret mix of local herbs and spices to make my own "English-style" black pudding.  Great with a fried egg or a Full English Breakfast...

7 hours ago, overherebc said:

Re' the Jock verses Sasenach thing ????. It could been either from what I've read on it.

Maybe started with the herders taking cattle long distances, days/weeks to market.

Basic diet for them likely to be oats etc, porridge/gruel, so at night they would bleed one of the cattle and mix with the porridge/gruel stick it in a skin bag and next morning cook chunks of it over a fire.

Hey Presto 'black pudding' protein on a plate.

It might even have started further back than that, who knows.

images (31).jpeg

If I am not mistaken is that Lorne on the plate........:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

....because red meat is related to get cancer.... You didn't know that? 

What exactly is not related to getting cancer?

If we don't eat all the things which are unhealthy (depending on which scientist you ask) there is not much more left.

Personally I eat quality food which I define as no crap like fast food, no "diet" products, etc.

May I will get cancer someday. And maybe not. And maybe I would get it with or without red meat and whatever. Personally I just enjoy life and food and drinks and lots of other things. We all will die, one way or another.

Of course some do, but I don't.

I also avoid boat noodles with "fresh" blood in the broth.

I also avoid blood sausage. 

As far as eating rarer steaks that are a little bloody, I will eat that, and I really don't see them as equivalent. 

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

If I am not mistaken is that Lorne on the plate........:thumbsup:

Flat potato scone fried. More cholesterol than you can imagine. ????????

Looks like one bit of each. scone and lorne.

Heart attack country.

No country for old Vegans. ????????

Grinners_breakfast.jpg

Archived