Do any farang eat the coagulated blood?

moontang

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of us from the N.E. of UK, nothing better than a hot black pudding with mustard, eaten from a piece of Butchers paper on the way home from the Pub on a normal November night, usually freezing cold and wet.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Of course some do, but I don't.

I also avoid boat noodles with "fresh" blood in the broth.

I also avoid blood sausage. 

As far as eating rarer steaks that are a little bloody, I will eat that, and I really don't see them as equivalent. 

Do you avoid it because of the taste (did you try)?

Or for some kind of health reason?

Personally I think the dark (with blood) noodle soup tastes often better than the "normal" one.

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What exactly is not related to getting cancer?

If we don't eat all the things which are unhealthy (depending on which scientist you ask) there is not much more left.

Personally I eat quality food which I define as no crap like fast food, no "diet" products, etc.

May I will get cancer someday. And maybe not. And maybe I would get it with or without red meat and whatever. Personally I just enjoy life and food and drinks and lots of other things. We all will die, one way or another.

Every second person will get cancer. If you are the one I feel relieved very much ????.

I think it's good to live a healthy life and eat healthy food.

But I admit it has to do with education. If e.g. Thais would know more about their food, fertilizers and pesticides they would have a better life.

Do you avoid it because of the taste (did you try)?
Or for some kind of health reason?
Personally I think the dark (with blood) noodle soup tastes often better than the "normal" one.
Mostly because I find it gross. Nothing about health. One time I was served a super bloody noodle soup and I didn't like the taste either. If you know Portugal they have that famous green vegetable soup with blood sausage. When traveling there I did taste it. It wasn't gross but I didn't like it either. So didn't eat it.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I eat black pudding(fried till crusty), liver, kidneys etc but not coagulated blood they serve here, it is served too soft like a jelly for my taste and makes me gag so I give it to my wife, each to their own but I eat my steaks medium rare, totally different thing

6 minutes ago, elgenon said:

salamus? Are you saying salami is blood sausage (which some falangs eat)? Have you researched this?

Italian salami contains pig's blood? Please post the source.

Ah yes I was think of blood sausage like black pudding. All those European products look the same don't you know

• 4 months later...

I eat it in moderation. I also eat British black pudding and European boudin. I eat offal which is highly valued in many culinary traditions. However, appreciation of some foodstuffs requires culinary literacy which is sadly lacking in some modern, western industrialized countries especially where the food has been industrialy produced: McDonalds comes to mind.

My wife's favourite is Waitrose black pudding and have to say it's one of the best.  Let's not get confused, it's not Thai-specific to eat offal and blood related products.  My father loved offal, particularly tripe and tongue [go on, I'm waiting for the inane responses] but then he was a product of WWII.  

1 hour ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I eat it in moderation. I also eat British black pudding and European boudin. I eat offal which is highly valued in many culinary traditions. 

Moderation is the operative word. In terms of the Thai stuff, there is the sanitation issue. Western stuff is usually up to snuff.

Archived