BANGKOK 19 August 2019 00:08
JimmyTheMook

Click 150i = Pros / Cons ?

Hot for this new seasons colors and want some feedback on the machine.

Any takers ?

I guess I = Injection = No carburetor.

That is fine if all works fine but you won't be able to change any settings which are easy to change on a bike with carburetor.

So if you consider changing anything like a different exhaust, etc. that might be a lot easier on a carburetor bike.

I have a modern bike with computer controlled injection, ignition, etc. And it works according to the newest emission standards.

And it runs not smooth below 4,000RPM. And I can't do anything about it and the dealer's mechanics can't do anything about it because it's all in a sealed computer.

I could buy an aftermarket part for 300USD to solve this problem. I won't...

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess I = Injection = No carburetor.

That is fine if all works fine but you won't be able to change any settings which are easy to change on a bike with carburetor.

So if you consider changing anything like a different exhaust, etc. that might be a lot easier on a carburetor bike.

I have a modern bike with computer controlled injection, ignition, etc. And it works according to the newest emission standards.

And it runs not smooth below 4,000RPM. And I can't do anything about it and the dealer's mechanics can't do anything about it because it's all in a sealed computer.

I could buy an aftermarket part for 300USD to solve this problem. I won't...

Not the least bit interested in modding out the bike.

I could buy a Suzuki Raider if that was my intention.

This is a runabout twist and go type so wondering if the extra 25cc is worth the squeeze from the juice from the original 125i click.

I hate the look and oversized fairing of the PCX so never considered that model.

Edited by JimmyTheMook

3 minutes ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Not the least bit interested in modding out the bike.

I could buy a Suzuki Raider if that was my intention.

This is a runabout twist and go type so wondering if the extra 25cc is worth the squeeze from the juice from the original 125i click.

I hate the look and oversized fairing of the PCX so never considered that model.

Buy the Raider 150. I have one (with carburetor). It's a lot of fun. 😉 

Not many scooter can be had with carburetors now, maybe some Chinese models.

FI is the way to go, optimum fuel consumption under all conditions. Some carburetors also don't like E fuel (gasohol).

I would get the 150cc model if I was you, gives you a bit extra grunt which is good, especially 2 up.

• Like 1

022735100_1483942932-New-PCX150-Colors.jpg.6538c95b2aae0b145dee76db07b70ac2.jpg

I didn't like this white / black and orange when they had it a few years ago on the PCX and i still don't like it.

But if it matches your taste then go for it 😉

Imho it's quite easy, because it's simply a Click with 25 more cc:

When you ride a 125cc bike, do you often give full throttle? Going for 150cc makes sense

If you nearly never give full throttle on a 125cc bike, then you probably don't have a use for the extra 25cc.

• Like 1

I got the 150 this year. Had the PCX before which was a lump of a thing.

looks great and a nippy thing as well. Well worth getting the extra 25cc. Very easy on fuel and the fob is handy when leaving the bike for  moment and returning. Just keep it in your pocket and you can start no problems.

Lots of space under the seat like the PCX.

You can buy the inside leg panels and change your colours if you like. I am happy with this one and hope to sell it for 50,000 in 9 months and just add 10,000 baht and get a new one. It will have about 4000 km's on the clock by then with Honda service history and receipts to prove it. That's the plan. 🙂

Great little bike with grunt if you need it. Buy one. 🙂

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jackdd said:

It always depends on how you read the numbers.

You can say "just 1HP and 2Nm", or you could say: 12% more horsepower and 19% more torque.

I'm quite sure that this difference is noticeable, even without comparing them next to each other 😉

Noticeable yes, but how much? I don't think it's gonna make a big difference. Interestingly enough it seems the phillipino version seems to have better specs: https://www.zigwheels.ph/new-motorcycles/honda/click-150i/specifications

19% more peak torque means what on a CVT driven bike? If it always switches to the highest power RPM which is at 8.5k in order to provide maximum acceleration at full throttle then it doesn't matter much what torque it can produce at 5k or 5.5k respectively. In terms of acceleration you will then get only <12% improvement. Mind you I don't know how the Click CVT behaves in terms of RPM. Maybe it stays at lower RPM for fuel efficiency reasons?

In the end everything is always relative. If you try both back to back then you will probably take the 150. If you have another bike with a lot more power then choosing between the 125 and 150 might be a case of "meh, I only use it to zip down to 7 anyways, who cares, I'll keep the 9k price diff".

They should have given the 150 ABS imho. But I guess that's the PCX selling point that they don't want to cannibalize?

1 minute ago, eisfeld said:

They should have given the 150 ABS imho. But I guess that's the PCX selling point that they don't want to cannibalize? 

The PCX does not have ABS.

I find the key less ignition a bit of a problem.

Never sure if I've locked it or not, and if not anyone can start it at the push of a button.

Then worry about dropping the fob when I'm driving along, they are expensive to replace.

At least with a key, I know where it is when I'm riding the bike.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The PCX does not have ABS.

Woops, seems like you are right and they took away this feature again for the Thai version. Sigh...