Success extend stay retirement monthly pension

I haven't seen anybody else post a description of what you need to extend your stay a year, based on retirement, and by showing a monthly pension rather than an amount in the bank. I just did mine today and hope what I learned will help others, or at least reduce anxiety. My case may not be typical. I live in Nakhon Sawan, the provincial capital, and it's a small city with, I guess, about 100,000 people. Not many farang live here and the immigration officers and civilian clerk know me by sight. Today when I walked into  the office there was one farang with his Thai wife, who finished their business a couple minutes later, and the whole process took just about half an hour.

Documents I used: Form TM 7, downloaded from the Thai Immigration site; Copies of passport pages showing past extensions and the Arrival/Departure card; Bank letter; copies of my bank book for the past twelve months.

When I went to the bank they gave me a letter showing my ending balance, nothing else. I asked the manager if there was not a statement. She had already seen that I had copies of my bank book pages and said that was it. There was no other statement from the bank.

The Immigration Officer looked over my copies, and then checked the bank book. I started making transfers in February, and there were comments among the officers and clerk that "this is the first year." A possible hitch was that the entry for this month was not coded FTT, as in previous months. It was coded SMT, and she looked at the codes inside the back cover of the bank book but could not find that code. The other officer, who seems to be senior, said she would have to ask the bank, and she accepted the entry based on its size.

Most of the time was spent on her filling out a form in Thai which I had to sign in two places.

That was it. Since I've missed a couple of times she pointed out that my next 90 day report will be in August, not three months from today. Nice people. I think most of their work is dealing with employer registrations for Burmese migrant workers.

Edited by Acharn
  • Like 1