BANGKOK 24 July 2019 01:27
snoop1130

British ambassador to Washington quits after spat over leaked memos

Must be the new zero to the NHS bus the old 350m one lost its wheels🤔

8 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Darroch blew it. The whole purpose of a diplomat is to try and achieve your agenda without offending ANYONE !

So Diplomacy must be in the art of the lies?

Free speech is something to be valued, save for generally accepted exceptions like defamation, blasphemy, vilification, treason, etc.

It's Britan's (serious) problem if they can't maintain confidentiality within their own systems.

As for the American president, I tire of unsubstantiated criticsms. If the observation is that he is "inept" (and "inept" is a pretty strong word) then let's have:

1. A concise statement of a current issue,
2. What responses to that issue would objectively be said to be ept,
3. What the President did in response,
4. Why the President's response is objectively inept.

Without that objective framework, these anti-President rants are otherwise just silly, unsubstantiated, subjective name-calling, which is of no interest to a serious observer seeking to be informed, and wanting to make their own judgment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, sanemax said:

And the new guy that takes over his job, can only say nice and agreeable things about Trump , in both public and private and he will have to give false info to the UK Government and not to do his job properly .

Quite funny that he stated that Trump was insecure and then Trump acted insecure and got him fired 

I don't profess to know what anyone's job is, except my own. If a person has no experience as an Ambassador or senior leader, I prefer to ignore his musings on TVF.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

4) If you are going to lick someones jackboots, as Bojo is so ready to do, why not start with the most vile sub human scumbag that the evil empire has ever elected - he the orange turd.

I do not see BoJo going that low, It is likely to be another "Special Relationship" just like Blair and Bush's, BoJo will just be Trump's poodle with a brown nose...

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Basil B said:

I do not see BoJo going that low, It is likely to be another "Special Relationship" just like Blair and Bush's, BoJo will just be Trump's poodle with a brown nose...

Trump seems to think you English like him. I tend to think you actually hate him and he just can't tell the difference. Big crowds either way. And he loves big crowds.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Trump seems to think you English like him. I tend to think you actually hate him and he just can't tell the difference. Big crowds either way. And he loves big crowds.

Trump gets his kicks out of annoying people, so that's why he was so keen to come to the UK, he is just the worlds biggest Troll...