Jump to content
BANGKOK 24 July 2019 07:07
snoop1130

British ambassador to Washington quits after spat over leaked memos

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

He had to resign once Trump excluded him. He made it impossible for him to do his job.  Pathetic little man not fit to lick the boots of the Ambassador.

No, he only resigned because he didnt get assurances that he wouldnt be fired .

Had the elect PM given him assurances that he would keep hos job, he wouldnt have resigned 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

probably encouraged to resign by you know who.  can't have Donalds feathers ruffled. we all know that the emperor has no clothes.

Edited by malibukid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No, he only resigned because he didnt get assurances that he wouldnt be fired .

Had the elect PM given him assurances that he would keep hos job, he wouldnt have resigned 

That has been said and Johnson failing to support him was certainly relevant (apparently he decided to resign after watching the Johnson/Hunt debate) but I think the comments from the former Ambassador were spot on.  He said that once Trump excluded him it was impossible for him to do his job and so he had no choice but to resign.  Certainly Johnson sold him down the river but I think that that was just the final straw that helped him make his mind up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have no idea how UK can respond without looking weak or pandering to the orange buffoons ego. Excluding their Ambassador to London forcing him to resign might even the score a bit, as would being slower than normal if something kicks off in Iran.

Both are extremely un-British but as yet I cannot think of a better alternative.

Edited by evadgib

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

<double tap>

Edited by evadgib

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I have no idea how UK can respond without looking weak or pandering to the orange buffoons ego. Excluding their Ambassador to London forcing him to resign might even the score a bit, as would being slower than normal if something kicks off in Iran.

Both are extremely un-British but as yet I cannot think of a better alternative.

I think that May should use this as her final shot and appoint a new Ambassador before she goes.  If Johnson does it he will send a Trump a*se licker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I think that May should use this as her final shot and appoint a new Ambassador before she goes.  If Johnson does it he will send a Trump a*se licker.

Her final shot to cause problems and mayhem like she has with the EU negotiations. You are either anti British or should not be in politics, other than being a staunch remainer with that suggestion.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Her final shot to cause problems and mayhem like she has with the EU negotiations. You are either anti British or should not be in politics, other than being a staunch remainer with that suggestion.

What on earth has my comments on May picking the new Ambassador to Washington got to do with being a remainer or not?  As for being anti-British, I am defending the British Ambassador and his role against the pathetic creep in the White House.  The Creep that has openly attacked Britain, the Prime Minister and the British Diplomatic Service.  The Creep that is interfering in our political operation.  The Creep who is as anti-British as you can get.  

 

Get real!

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought May's comments in Parliament where spot on.

Comments made by the Ambassador are not for public viewing & Trump needs to take a LONGGGGG look at himself ,,the comments sum Trump up very well,, he is a goose

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, natway09 said:

I thought May's comments in Parliament where spot on.

Comments made by the Ambassador are not for public viewing & Trump needs to take a LONGGGGG look at himself ,,the comments sum Trump up very well,, he is a goose

 

Even a goose has feelings and geese don't like you making fun of them.  

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Darroch did nothing wrong. In fact if he didn't come to the conclusion that he did, and if he didn't communicate that correct opinion in a confidential way back to his government which he did, THAT would have been wrong.

 

But these are the times we are living in. 


 

Quote

 

The British ambassador was right about Trump

 

BRITISH AMBASSADOR Sir Kim Darroch, a seasoned professional who is highly respected in Washington, was embarrassed last weekend by the leak of some of his tough-but-fair assessments of President Trump and his administration in private cables to London. Any other White House would have overlooked the ambassador’s undiplomatic language rather than damage relations with a close U.S. ally. But not Mr. Trump, who has turned a minor kerfuffle into a major diplomatic incident by launching a series of crude attacks on Mr. Darroch that, on Wednesday, forced him to resign.

 

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/the-british-ambassador-was-right-about-trump/2019/07/10/4707930e-a327-11e9-bd56-eac6bb02d01d_story.html

 


 

Quote

 

Kim Darroch isn’t the undiplomatic one

 

British Ambassador Kim Darroch’s private comments about President Trump were not shocking for those in Washington. The overall opinion among much of the diplomatic elite here is that the U.S. president is “inept” and “insecure,” as Darroch wrote. Trump’s secretary of state once even reportedly dubbed the president a “moron.”

 

 

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2019/07/11/kim-darroch-isnt-one-who-acted-undiplomatically/

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Berkshire said:

I doubt very much that Kim Jong/Putin consider Trump to be their ally/friend.  More likely, they look at Trump as a "useful idiot." 

I didn't say that.....I said Trump managed to make 2 new BF, does he's doing liking them I didn't say and never will that was reciprocal..... in order words the minister from NK (after Trump said he like Kim) said something similar to ...""with friends like that who needs enemies"" since he claims to be our friend why does he keep pushing for more sanctions

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Ambassadors position was probably made impossible after the Orange one threw his toys out of the pram over the emails .. It wasnt helped by Johnson refusing to say if he would keep Darroch in Washington as and when he was made leader in the recent debate with opponent Jeremy Hunt .. who said he would keep Sir Kim in the U S if he were made leader .. 
Trump himself has responded utterly predictably with the usual infantile tweets and the withdrawal of the invitation to a banquet the other night .. Most unbecoming and fully underlining what the Ambassador hinted at in the Emails .. Trump is a tool .. 


So the Eton Buffon promising sovereignty throws his own Ambassador under the buss because he is a puppet of the Orange Buffon. Getting our country back or what!!


Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Darroch did nothing wrong. In fact if he didn't come to the conclusion that he did, and if he didn't communicate that correct opinion in a confidential way back to his government which he did, THAT would have been wrong.

Is the British government that ill informed that they need an ambassador to tell them Trump is wacky?  Aw come on.  I live in Thailand and I know it and I know his government is a house full of fruitcakes.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...