British ambassador to Washington quits after spat over leaked memos

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, Johnyo said:

So the Eton Buffon promising sovereignty throws his own Ambassador under the buss because he is a puppet of the Orange Buffon. Getting our country back or what!

BJ can hardly be blamed for keeping his powder dry at this late stage of a 2 horse race.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, sanemax said:

I was watching Russian TV today and they wondered out loud who could have leaked those e-mails 

Could've have been a Russian mole/sympathizer; or a EU sympathizer trying to spoil the British / US relationship and potential good trade deal; or someone who wanted Darroch out to create a space for someone they want in that position; Or someone trying to discredit Trump, etc etc etc.

The speculations, and that's what they are, can be endless.

But British security has to establish who and why as our entire diplomatic bag correspondence integrity is now under question as is the integrity of the civil service thanks to one (or more) distrustful morons.

29 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Is the British government that ill informed that they need an ambassador to tell them Trump is wacky?  Aw come on.  I live in Thailand and I know it and I know his government is a house full of fruitcakes.  

That's true! Just like we British living here no our current government, MP's, including the Opposition and minor parties are all a bunch of self serving dishonest parasites. 

20 hours ago, sanemax said:

I was watching Russian TV today and they wondered out loud who could have leaked those e-mails 

maybe not same R TV news that I was watching, (I don't speak Russian) but I clearly heard  IRAN

6 hours ago, Mavideol said:

are we talking about the same Trump that visited the UK last month and didn't stop praising TM and the good job she has been doing

See, that's how it is done.

I sure hope Trump's negotiators of the after Brexit Trade Deal understands how the UK views them, their boss, their country, and anything to do with America. There isn't any 'special relationship' anymore, that is all BS from a time gone by.

7 hours ago, zydeco said:

If I fault Darroch on this issue, it is that his comments were too restrained. He undoubtedly underestimated the unbridled madness within the Trump White House. That said, Darroch himself appears to be a particularly unpleasant sort of fellow. At least according to this guy who is also a former British diplomat. Might be that Darroch and Trump have a lot in common???  

Yes well that's Craig Murray, a man with a terminal case of conspiracy theory disease. I man who strangely, is so well informed that he has a view on everything (It's all down to the Deep state etc).

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

maybe not same R TV news that I was watching, (I don't speak Russian) but I clearly heard  IRAN

I didnt state whom they suggested could have leaked the leaks .

Although they did state that some have accused Russia 

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 7:43 AM, snoop1130 said:

a very stupid guy,” he tweeted, describing Darroch as a “pompous fool”.

I don't know, those same words have been used to describe Donald Trump.  Seems like a case of the kettle calling the pot black or something like that

45 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

The word going around is that May can't find anyone to do the Job who thinks that Trump is anything but a complete nutter.

Diplomacy Under Trump Era …. walk this way…. " Brazil's Bolsonaro offers his son the post of ambassador in Washington"

The far-right Brazilian president, who said his campaign last year was inspired by U.S. President Donald Trump, has made friendly overtures to the American leader and made similar use of family members as official advisers.

Ain't that funny ?  

5 hours ago, Opl said:

Especially when you look at him campaigning against the in Brazil present political nepotism.

Archived