BANGKOK 24 July 2019 00:25
webfact

Thailand facing its worst dengue outbreak in half a decade

On 7/11/2019 at 1:40 AM, LongTang said:

You should be much more careful now as a second infection is considered to be much more severe.

Only if you are infected by a different strand. By my knowledge there are 4 strands of dengue virus. you have immunity from the strand you had before, but if you are infected by a different strand your immune system goes haywire.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Frotting said:

13 hours ago, Frotting said:

Owl.  This is for you.  I was trawling through my research about medicinal mushrooms and found a précis I wrote several years ago.  I will paste it here, but I am not sure this TV will allow such a lot of words but here goes.  You can have a look into all of them - by no means exhaustive, but at least it is a start for your research..

Thanks for that reply Frotting. I've copied the text and will look into the different types.

As I type, I am sipping a Reishi drink I made yesterday. I drink up to a litre a day; when I have it to drink. In yesterday's batch I put in some shredded ginger in the last half hour of simmering. To be honest, it has overwhelmed the taste and I'll not do that again.

I have warned the daughter, that if she gets the Dengue fever, be prepared for some horrible tasting medicine. The fever, by most accounts, is rife around here. But, I'm not sure of their diagnosi. The local hospital seems so give everything a blanket name. This is Thailand after all*.

I'm not so interested in the research side, (I do enough with my maths projects), but I do appreciate the wonderful, natural medicinal garden we are fortunate to be in in Isaan. Just want to keep as healthy and strong as poss'.

Thanks again or some fantastic info'.

* The older people here seem to know bout the natural remedies. Western influences have taken 'cures' away from the village and into the hospitals.

Edited by owl sees all

Posted (edited)

@Frotting

I read the last post before the one before the last one.

Just a couple of points. There was a UK TV series called "Grow your own drugs." Long time ago now. I think it was a guy called James Wong who fronted the series. I'll look it up. What a great show.

Just on the point of trolling, flaming, deflecting, hijacking and the other bits and bobs found on forums; I'm generally in favour of them. As with most ridicule, the content can be dismantled by good discussion and sound argument. I don't like vindictive, personal attacks however.

Thanks again.

Edited by owl sees all