BANGKOK 24 July 2019 01:49
webfact

UK's Labour Party spars with BBC over charges of anti-Semitism

40 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You can critisise Israel for whatever you like .

Although there are many crimes against humanity occurring on a regular basis that do not involve Israel .

Theres the Rohinga in Myanmar , where 600 000 people got chased out the country , killed and attacked .

Theres there Uigar in China , reports of millions being incarcerated .

Tibetans having their land taken from them .

Kurds  , Armenians , Marsh Arabs and various other peoples that have a worse treatment than the Palestinians .

Much worse things happening across the globe , than whats happening in Israel  .

If you single out Israel and ignore all the much worse things happening 

People will question why you focus on Israel .

Palestinians want the destruction of the Israeli state and replaced by an Islamic state .

If you also want to see Jewish Israel replaced by an Islamic state .

People may question why you would like to see the demise of the Worlds only Jewish state .

If you also want to see Jewish Israel replaced by an Islamic state .”

Dream up a point of view, assign it to somebody else then criticize them for the point of view you pinned on them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If you also want to see Jewish Israel replaced by an Islamic state .”

Dream up a point of view, assign it to somebody else then criticize them for the point of view you pinned on them.

Its the Hamas point of view and I also stated "If you also"  , which isnt assigning a view to someone else at all 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Your point about bad things happening in other places in the world is without any doubt correct. Sadly you then start over egging the pudding.

The fact that someone criticizes Israel does not for a single moment mean that they are unaware of other bad things happening elsewhere. It is not a competition, it is totally fair to criticize any people and/or country that behaves in a vile manner without having to mention everyone else first. That would be whataboutism gone daft.

SOME people in SOME Arab countries say they want to see "the destruction of the Israeli state". Given the number of nukes Israel have, their support in the Senate, and their love affair with the Saudis and Egyptians it ain't gonna happen.

The reality is that the Palestinians just wan't to keep their own land so they can live on it, without their houses and olive groves being destroyed to make way for immigrants from Russia and elsewhere. The IDF is simply another Middle eastern terrorist group. I, like millions of others, wan't to see a two state solution where the Palestinians can live in peace on their own land, no reasonable person want's to see Israel destroyed. 

Incidentaly, although the treatment of the Rohinga has been appalling, some perspective is necessary. Towards the end of WWII the Brits armed to Rohinga so that they could help them fight the Japanese. Instead the Rohinga (Muslim immigrants from Bengal) used the weapons to carry out genocide on the local Burmese Buddhist population. Look up the "Arachan massacres". Not surprising really that the Burmese remember this.

Yes, but when some people ONLY focus on a critisise Israel , you can understand their motives being questioned .

Mention Israel in any thread  , or sometimes even just an Israeli , then theres many responses attacking Israel and support of the Palestinians   , mention China and theres no mention of the Tibetans , Uigars etc  , same as Burma /Rohingas and numerous other countries .

Why are people so vociferous against a Jewish state  and take no interest in non Jewish states ?

The Palestinian Charter  states that the whole of Israel should be replaced by a Palestinian Muslim  state (although they will allow Jews to live there) and Iran and numerous other hard line countries support the Palestinian aims .

Support of the Palestinian cause is support for the destruction of Israel .

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rocketman777 said:

Hamas was created to resist the 1982 Israeli invasion of Lebanon and the massacre of Palestinian refuges in their camps.

Hamas is defined as a terrorist organization according to US/UK criteria.. That Hamas policy is to ' wipe the only Jewish country off the face of the earth' is western propaganda.

Read the Hamas Charter were its goals are stated and you will find that they want to whole of Israel to be an Islamic Palestinian state with sharia law .

Hamas were formed in 1987 , with the help of Israel to oppose the Muslim brotherhood and the PLO .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rocketman777 said:

Hamas was created to resist the 1982 Israeli invasion of Lebanon and the massacre of Palestinian refuges in their camps.

Hamas is defined as a terrorist organization according to US/UK criteria.. That Hamas policy is to ' wipe the only Jewish country off the face of the earth' is western propaganda.

It is a pity there are not more politicians and national leaders like Corbyn that have the balls to speak out against such atrocities and support those who oppose them.

Terrorist or Freedom fighter is a matter of perspective.

Why are you crediting a post from me to RuamRudy.

This left wing diatribe does very little for me and it's hardly worth responding to, suffice to say Corbyn has made some extremely bad choices in his lifetime and now it has come back to haunt him.

Corbyn is a nasty piece of work, but some people think that the sun shines out of his proverbial, so good luck with that one.

No matter what anybody says about cuddly Corbyn you will always see him as a white knight on his trusty steed, that is why Labour are last in the polls, doesn't that tell you something about the Marxist Labour Party?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Claims of anti-semitism have certainly become more prominent since Corbyn took over - whether there is actually a problem and, if so, whether it is a relatively modern phenomenon, I have no idea. Anti-semitism was, to my understanding, rife across many sectors of the UK in those less enlightened days when talking about 'coons' and 'pakis' was, likewise, not frowned upon, so I am not so sure that he has been a precursor for any shift backwards in terms of attitude.

Nowadays, however, criticism of Israel is a very fraught business, with cries of anti-semitism being leveled at anyone dares to suggest that the Palestinians have gotten a raw deal. 

Hamas - they are a different kettle of fish, of course. But there is a long history of covert contacts between politicians and terrorist organisations. Does Corbyn think, possibly naively, that he can appeal to the moderates, and in the full glare of the public eye, without drawing criticism? I don't know. What I do know, however, is that, for all the noise the MSM has been making about Labour's alleged anti-semitism, they have been incredibly silent about the Tory party's alleged islamophobia. 

new poll finds widespread Islamophobia among Conservative Party members

while I agree that terms like coon and ni##er are racist and derogatory, paki is merely an abbreviation, the fact that they don't like it doesn't make it racist. I've just been reading another thread where my compatriots are constantly referred to as Brits, I'm sure we'll get over it

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sanemax said:

Read the Hamas Charter were its goals are stated and you will find that they want to whole of Israel to be an Islamic Palestinian state with sharia law .

Hamas were formed in 1987 , with the help of Israel to oppose the Muslim brotherhood and the PLO . 

Yup - My fault confusing Hamas with Hezbollah

However, Hamas has modified its charter

May 1, 2017 - Hamas has unveiled a new political agenda softening its stance on Israel by accepting the idea of a Palestinian state in territories occupied ..

Edited by rocketman777
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kevbo said:

while I agree that terms like coon and ni##er are racist and derogatory, paki is merely an abbreviation, the fact that they don't like it doesn't make it racist. I've just been reading another thread where my compatriots are constantly referred to as Brits, I'm sure we'll get over it

I do disagree .

"paki" although indeed is an abbreviation and quite widely used in India as a unoffensive term for Pakistan .

Used in the UK, its a deliberately offensive term always used in a derogatory way and quite often has the word *bashing* stuck on the end of it .

Oddly enough, *Chinaman* is considered to be an offensive racist term for a errrm Chinese man, in the USA

Posted (edited)

anti Zionist not anti Semitic. nothing wrong to be an anti Zionist.

and some jews are ready to blame you as an anti Semitic just bc you criticise them!! a classic way of them.

and wonder why jews are soo sensitive for any criticism too?

just bc they were subjected to a genocide by Nazi Germans, it doesnt mean we cannot criticize what they are doing in this world now!

Edited by Galactus
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, rocketman777 said:

Yup - My fault confusing Hamas with Hezbollah

However, Hamas has modified its charter

May 1, 2017 - Hamas has unveiled a new political agenda softening its stance on Israel by accepting the idea of a Palestinian state in territories occupied ..

Hezbollah are even more hardline than Hamas with their aims to  have a Iranian style Islamic state in Palestine and "all the Jews being sent back to Germany or wherever then came from "

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Galactus said:

anti Zionist not anti Semitic. noting wrong to be an anti Zionist.

and wonder why jews are soo sensitive for any criticism. 

just bc they were subjected to a genocide my Nazi Germans, it doest mean we cannot criticize what they are doing in this world now!

Anti Zionist is a word people use when they actually mean anti Jew, but they get away with it by saying anti Zionist.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2