U.S. Justice Department trying to quash Mueller team testimony

webfact

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

What Mueller could have said is that we don't have the ability to bring charges, but if we did, these are the charges we would bring. IMO if he thought there was some crime that had taken place, whether or not it was actionable or not he should have said so in no uncertain words.

Which is an excellent reason to have him give evidence, to ask just that.

2 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Which is an excellent reason to have him give evidence, to ask just that.

The answer is already in evidence. To even ask the question at this point just makes it a political sideshow.  I'd rather an investigator report to Congress that all evidence would support the idea he is a serial rapist but unfortunately given his poistion we can not bring charges at this time. Maybe they'll be able to charge some of his supporters as accomplices after the fact.  That's an easier case to make.

On 7/11/2019 at 7:44 AM, webfact said:

The episode is the latest example of Trump administration efforts to stymie congressional investigations by directing current and former officials not to cooperate with investigators who are seeking evidence of corruption, obstruction of justice and abuse of power in the Trump presidency.

On 7/11/2019 at 8:39 AM, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Rationally minded people can draw their own conclusions from the fact that they are not doing that.

In my opinion it becomes clearer every day that Trump is a criminal who should be in Jail more than in the oval office .

For those who haven’t read the Mueller Report (quite a tedious read, but then, as someone who wanted to study law, but never got the chance, I’m a glutton for this kind of stuff), here’s a more digestible vision of the second part of the report. Just one hour, and, actually, quite entertaining:

A very readable version of the report:

https://www.insider.com/mueller-report-rewritten-trump-russia-mark-bowden-archer-2019-7

“...buried within the Mueller report, there is a narrative that reads in parts like a thriller, like a comedy, like a tragedy...

So we hired Mark Bowden, a journalist and author known for his brilliant works of narrative nonfiction like "Black Hawk Down," 

Our assignment for him was simple. Use the interviews and facts laid out in the Mueller report (plus those from reliable, fact-checked sources and published firsthand accounts) to do what he does best: Tell a story recounting Mueller's report that's so gripping it will hold your attention...”

Also, beautifully illustrated. About 40 pages.

8 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

For those who haven’t read the Mueller Report (quite a tedious read, but then, as someone who wanted to study law, but never got the chance, I’m a glutton for this kind of stuff), here’s a more digestible vision of the second part of the report. Just one hour, and, actually, quite entertaining:

oh man, i am glad i have hobbies

On 7/11/2019 at 7:44 AM, webfact said:

"The Dems Witch Hunt continues!" Trump said in a tweet on Wednesday. He has regularly denounced the Mueller investigation while also claiming that the probe found "no collusion" with Russia and "no obstruction."

if that's the case and the Reps are so sure why trying (so hard) to stop the man from testifying, let him spill out the beans once and for all

34 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

if that's the case and the Reps are so sure why trying (so hard) to stop the man from testifying, let him spill out the beans once and for all

This is only my opinion, but from what I can see is that whenever there is any improper behaviour the accusers oversell the facts by about 150% and the media adds another 100% to that. Then when the horrible behaviour is finally proven, the entity responsible for that horrible behaviour says "It wasn't as bad as everyone said", which is true; and then life goes on as before until the next news cycle exposes and inflates the next example of horrible behaviour. They tend to miss the fact that almost everything is wrong, all the time, because that doesn't sell ad time.

4 hours ago, bristolboy said:
4 hours ago, atyclb said:

One of them being knocking people who have an appetite for facts.

hobbies unrelated to tvf discussions . more to life then tvf at least for most people

4 hours ago, bristolboy said:
4 hours ago, atyclb said:

One of them being knocking people who have an appetite for facts.

i dont knock ben shapiro and his factual appetite is fairly decent and he did not vote for trump

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

i dont knock ben shapiro and his factual appetite is fairly decent and he did not vote for trump

Ben Shapiro? Really? He reported the Chuck Hagel, Obama's nominee for defense secretary had met with a group called Friends of Hamas. Another reporter confessed that he had made it up. And Shapiro graciously conceded. Just kidding. Shapiro refused to concede that the story was made up and accused the media of protecting Obama.

45 minutes ago, bristolboy said:
2 hours ago, atyclb said:

hobbies unrelated to tvf discussions . more to life then tvf at least for most people

And yet here you are.

better i just concede that you have superior intellect thus neither of us need waste time here.

6 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

This is only my opinion, but from what I can see is that whenever there is any improper behaviour the accusers oversell the facts by about 150% and the media adds another 100% to that. Then when the horrible behaviour is finally proven, the entity responsible for that horrible behaviour says "It wasn't as bad as everyone said", which is true; and then life goes on as before until the next news cycle exposes and inflates the next example of horrible behaviour. They tend to miss the fact that almost everything is wrong, all the time, because that doesn't sell ad time.

That was then, this is now.

6 minutes ago, atyclb said:

better i just concede that you have superior intellect thus neither of us need waste time here.

could chomper higgot and bristol boy be the same person ??  what n amazing coincidence to see the lightning fast reactions per below screenshot

Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 19.42.06.png

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:
33 minutes ago, atyclb said:

could chomper higgot and bristol boy be the same person ??  what n amazing coincidence to see the lightning fast reactions per below screenshot

Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 19.42.06.png

We are not.

But it’s often said, ‘great minds think alike’.

so do schizophrenics with multiple delusional personalities

On 7/11/2019 at 9:40 PM, TPI said:

Anything, anything at all to distract the general public from the long list of crimes of Bill and Hilary!

Funny how an investigations and out-of-court settlements of Trump that do not lead to charges are considered total exoneration by some people, who also think the investigators should be prosecuted; but investigations of the Clintons that don't result in charges are proof of guilt.

On 7/11/2019 at 8:39 AM, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Rationally minded people can draw their own conclusions from the fact that they are not doing that.

However, as others have pointed out (including most recently The British Ambassador) the current US administration, whilst it is many things, is not rational!

I think a little balance needs to be added here from a neutral?  Muller was lauded and fated as much as Comey was denigrated but when either did not go the Dems way they were hated. Muller does not want to be at the hearing as he spent years investigating and producing his 'nothing burger' report. Now Dems aim to bully and bushwack him (good luck with that!) and he will stand firm. Now they 'postpone' the hearing. What farce the US has become these days - just vote him out next year? and 'good luck' with that too because you are playing into his hands and many 'neutrals' will go his way as they hate all these dramas and 'Spartacus moments'. I quite like AOC she has spunk, a nutter of course, but at least she's a good sideshow.

Anyone who has carefully read Volume II of the Mueller report knows that it offers a very readable account of repeated acts by Trump carefully tailored to interfere with and disrupt the investigation, and that it offers an enormous amount of evidence to substantiate its narrative. That is why more than 1,000 current and former prosecutors have come together to say that but for the departmental rules categorically foreclosing it, indictment of Trump for obstruction would be well and truly justified.

But for Barr, who proceeded to twist and distort the findings for political gain, saying that he determined Trump did not commit obstruction of justice- justice may have been served for America.

Archived